Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Split from: Official Hammond B-3X Wish List!

Postby info@hongkietan.nl » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:31 am

Maybe I am missing something. I would like to store my own profiles with CC mappings etc. to adapt for different midi controller setups. I do not own one of the Hammond keyboards that have a profile included...

[Replies on this particular subject have been split into their own thread, for clarity and focus.]
info@hongkietan.nl

Postby skitron » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:20 am

I would really like it if the UI when minimized could be reshown in under the current six seconds on a machine with plenty of cpu and a great video card. Nothing like clicking the mixer to show the B3X UI and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.....
skitron

Postby SamsonAndersson1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:03 pm

Wonderful plugin.

I would love for the Percussion Volume (in the advanced -20%-20%) control to be assigned a widget number for some fine tweaking, but overall I'm very happy with it. The tone wheel types would also be a welcome controllable addition.

Thanks IK team!
SamsonAndersson1

Postby Jdfreeman76 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:55 pm

I would love it if there was a setting to stop the Leslies with the horns and baffles facing the front (as some software versions do) - I know real Hammonds don't do this (I have a C3 and 147!) but I very often use the Jimmy Smith style fast/off settings instead of fast/slow. In fact I usually unplug the slow motors on my 147 Leslie to get this effect.
Of course when you change from slow to off (or brake), the horns and rotors stop at random positions, effectively panning the Hammond left or right so some software versions make the rotors slow to a stop facing forward...
Another common mod was to unplug the lower rotor motors altogether (not my cup of tea but maybe a useful setting?
Another mod I really like is the "Paradise" mod (I put a switch on my 1962 C3 to activate this) where the percussion doesn't decay (GSI's VB3-II has a switch for this too). A really cool sound!
Jdfreeman76

Postby zz@coptox.com » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:53 pm

Three years ago I posted this
"Seriously in need of an additional CC mapping item for the LESLIE VOLUME
Otherwise MASTER volume has to be (ab)used to correct for when boosting LESLIE GAIN
"

I would like to revise my post as follows:

Could you PLEASE add and additional CC mapping for BOTH

LESLIE VOLUME
and
LESLIE GAIN

So that Leslie distortion can be properly controlled externally.
zz@coptox.com

Postby rj.gray » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:53 pm

NKS 2.0 support would be great. Presets, light guides, control mapping, etc.
rj.gray

Make plugin Multitimbral

Postby Mike@mikekoziel.com » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:37 am

It would be great for the B-3X plugin to be multitimbral.

Was recently trying to set up my Ableton Live to include the B-3X as an external instrument in an instrument rack so I could leverage the built-in blending capabilities Ableton provides between my prebuilt B3 sounds. I could put multiple instances of B-3X in the same instrument rack, but this quickly saturates my CPU with just 3 instances (in Ableton, only one CPU core is allocated to each track containing the instrument rack). The common practice in Ableton is to place a multitimbral VST on a separate track, configure sounds for each midi channel, and then reference it via an external instrument in my instrument rack to allow for seamless blended transition using the chain selector.
Mike@mikekoziel.com

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More