IK Multimedia releases Total Studio 3.5 MAX and Total VI MAX

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK Multimedia releases Total Studio 3.5 MAX and Total VI

Postby 420woobs » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:48 pm

Wtptrs1985 wrote:
420woobs wrote:
dscheidt wrote:Here's the complete list:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... tsincluded

The X-Gear pedals should be included, but the Mesa Boogie 2 pack isn't. If the pedals aren't showing up, contact support, they are very helpful in getting things straightened out

So are you saying you get more gear when you get AmpliTube 5 Max through TS 3.5 than you get by just buying AmpliTube 5 Max on it's own? I have A 5 max and do not have the X pedals.

Check the 'compare' tab in the link dscheidt posted. On top of Amplitube 5, there's the following Amplitube collections that should be included in TS 3.5 MAX:

AmpliTube SVX 1
AmpliTube SVX 2
AmpliTube Metal
AmpliTube Brian May
AmpliTube MESA/Boogie
AmpliTube Orange
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix
AmpliTube Slash
AmpliTube Joe Satriani
AmpliTube Leslie
Dimebag Darrell CFH
Fender Collection 1
Fender Collection 2
Fulltone Collection
X-GEAR Pedals Series

Thanks for the info I thought Max was well the Max guess not.
420woobs

Postby Steve-xyz » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:43 pm

420woobs wrote:Thanks for the info I thought Max was well the Max guess not.

Personal observations: Different companies use different terms for the highest tier(s) of their products, for example: Complete, Everything, Ultimate, and other terms. Sometimes (but not always) these higher tiers include new additions made to the product along the way, such as new sound packs.

Sometimes these higher tiers include special pricing on upgrades, a single free upgrade to the next major version, "lifetime" upgrades for free, and so on. Product makers might offer free updates for enhancements, improvements, and bug fixes.

Additional features might be included. Add-ons, expansions, new components might be included or might be available for extra fees at varying prices.

Often it takes time (and purchasing mistakes) to understand the complexities of different sales approaches.

IK uses the term MAX for a number of products. As others have mentioned once a product is released (such as Total Studio Max 2 or 3 or 3.5), new component products are not generally added. That's why it is a great idea to consult the "What's Included" documentation.

From what I have seen, sometimes IK offers discounts, group buys, and even limited time freebies for components (gear, sounds, and so on) that came out later and are not (yet) part of the specific version of a MAX product.

Its a learning process!!!
Steve-xyz

Postby Steve-xyz » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:13 pm

From the first post in this thread which announced Total Studio 3.5 MAX and Total VI MAX:

In addition to the huge collection of gear from the previous release, version 3.5 adds SampleTron 2, 8 new SampleTank libraries from Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik, all 4 virtual X-GEAR pedals for AmpliTube 5 along with 6 new T-RackS modules, including FAME Studio Reverb*, Comprexxor and the complete TASCAM Tape Collection.
*Availability coming soon

These products join AmpliTube 5, T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb, MODO BASS and all of IK's latest and most sought-after music creation software. With a massive 143 products in all, Total Studio 3.5 MAX covers every stage of music production: composing, producing, designing, mixing, mastering and performing.

And with over 470 GB of rich, authentic sounds plus 497 ultra-realistic FX, Total Studio 3.5 MAX is the most comprehensive all-in-one solution for creating music in virtually any style.
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:45 am

For clarity and focus, ronniez28's post on MixBox has been moved to here: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31254
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby glenclose » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:59 pm

Hi, i have a question. is it possible to buy Total Studio 3.5 Max and then it does not work if i am not qualified for the update? or can i simply not buy it if i am not qualified? In my accout it says crossgrade in the versions tab... but i have no previous version of total studio...
glenclose

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:56 pm

glenclose wrote:Hi, i have a question. is it possible to buy Total Studio 3.5 Max and then it does not work if i am not qualified for the update? or can i simply not buy it if i am not qualified? In my accout it says crossgrade in the versions tab... but i have no previous version of total studio...

In my experience, if we are given a price and pay it, we get a license for the product. There could be other reasons why you got a crossgrade price. For example:

To qualify for a Crossgrade to another product, you must be registered with a paid version of another IK Multimedia product over $/€ 99 or higher.

From https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/)
Steve-xyz

Postby FiatLux8 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:47 pm

glenclose wrote:Hi, i have a question. is it possible to buy Total Studio 3.5 Max and then it does not work if i am not qualified for the update? or can i simply not buy it if i am not qualified? In my accout it says crossgrade in the versions tab... but i have no previous version of total studio...

Unless you have another MAX product then I do not think that you can get Total Studio 3.5 cheaper than offered if you just go buy it without as an upgrade ! ,
So just go buy Total Studio 3.5 MAX as NEW (€199.99)
I had a problem myself because I already had Syntronik 2 stuff from GroupBuy , and had to contact support, but if you get a problem after buying Total Studio 3.5 MAX as NEW (€199.99) then you just contact support with a description of the problem and they will sort you out !

Quote :

Total Studio 3.5 MAX (upgrade/crossgrade/new purchase) $/€499.99-$/€999.99 $/€199.99
Total Studio 3.5 MAX (MAXgrade from any MAX product) $/€199.99 $/€99.99

Promotion valid through December 31, 2022.
Ref. :
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=B ... dayMAX2022
FiatLux8

Postby @Rodrigozacconi1 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:42 am

Amazing!!!
@Rodrigozacconi1

Postby stevegalante » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:17 pm

Bought TS 3.5 Max yesterday. Question... how many basses are included in the Modo Bass ?
Right now I have 14 out of 22 authorized. Shouldn't all 22 be included ?
stevegalante

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:49 pm

stevegalante wrote:Bought TS 3.5 Max yesterday. Question... how many basses are included in the Modo Bass ?

Total Studio 3.5 MAX contains MODO BASS 1.5, not 2, so you will not have the new basses. MODO BASS is currently on sale though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stevegalante » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
stevegalante wrote:Bought TS 3.5 Max yesterday. Question... how many basses are included in the Modo Bass ?

Total Studio 3.5 MAX contains MODO BASS 1.5, not 2, so you will not have the new basses. MODO BASS is currently on sale though.

Thank you, so why is Modo Bass 2 (2.0.2) included in "My products" in the IK Product Manager ? Maybe it's referring to the Modo Bass 2 CS ? How many basses does the 1.5 include ?
stevegalante

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:05 pm

stevegalante wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Thank you, so why is Modo Bass 2 (2.0.2) included in "My products" in the IK Product Manager ? Maybe it's referring to the Modo Bass 2 CS ? How many basses does the 1.5 include ?

MODO BASS 2 CS is correct.

You can see which basses are in MODO BASS 1.5 at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/modobass1/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FiatLux8 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:57 am

stevegalante wrote:Thank you, so why is Modo Bass 2 (2.0.2) included in "My products" in the IK Product Manager ? Maybe it's referring to the Modo Bass 2 CS ? How many basses does the 1.5 include ?

Total Studio 3.5 MAX (and especially it's sound installation) can be rather confusing. But with respect to what content Total Studio 3.5 MAX got then just scroll down the page here and look in the middle where it says "Total Studio 3.5 MAX"

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... ?p=compare
FiatLux8

Postby ChrisHeinen » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:48 pm

FiatLux8 wrote:
Yes , an external drive to keep the downloads backup should be great. I think that manual downloads , at least some of it can be done from the My Products page of account but even if then it's a huge effort even just to manage all that stuff. The better way is to set the IK Product Manager to keep downloaded files after installation and then backup that folder (that's at least the theory , I haven't had to re-install it all yet...)

As for the use then while you may want to install apps and plug-ins to your OS system drive then unless that drive is rather big and you do not mind to back up half a Tera-byte more if/when you take an OS backup then you might want to install the sounds to another drive. And unless that you don't mind waiting when browsing sounds in Syntronik 2 and SampleTank 4 then you will want to have that drive be an SSD drive (I started out with an ordinary old fashioned mechanical hard drive but later swapped it with an SSD). A problem is though that as your collection of sounds , samples & products grows (you may soon eye other than IK Multimedia's product later)(e.g. http://www.native-instruments.com & http://www.arturia.com)(suddenly the TS 3.5 MAX price of $ 199.99 looks as even less :) ) then so does the need and the size of the SSD drive so soon you may find out that a 1TB of them suddenly looks rather small (just informing you)(I have a 1 TB myself I knew were too small when I got it but didn't think that I had the money to buy the rather big one I really wanted)(SSD drives ought never be filled more than maybe %80 either as they apparently get rather slow then , at least for write operations). Anyway upgrading from a mechanical drive to SSD can always be done later when one have tried using the products and if one finds that one uses it so much that the waiting for loading of the sounds makes one want to upgrade! :!:

This post was very helpful to me in planning for my upcoming installation of Total Studio 3.5 MAX. Thank you for posting these details.
Chris
ChrisHeinen

Postby FiatLux8 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:55 pm

ChrisHeinen wrote:This post was very helpful to me in planning for my upcoming installation of Total Studio 3.5 MAX. Thank you for posting these details.
Chris

I am very glad that you found my scribbling helpful .
Thank you very much for the kind feedback ! :)

P.S.
As far as I know then the manual installation paths to set for sound content alas is not documented anywhere (at least not in any overview) that I have found (might be buried somewhere in manuals - don't know), and even worse then I am not sure that all sound content installers is completely flawless when placing content.
I think that you can move (most ?) sound content after installation and alter path settings in program setup. But I myself found the installation not only a confusing major task to do but also annoying since one have to set install path manually for each and every sound content when one installs to a custom path (one can not do a one time setting of a custom path for all sound content in program manager setup) .. So I'd just like to caution you to be vigilant in the process !
FiatLux8

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements