will we see support for irig blueboard on Ventura Mac?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

will we see support for irig blueboard on Ventura Mac?

Postby GabrielRaphael » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:16 am

Hi

I just upgraded to a new m1 MacBook, no idea a simple bluetooth device would be cut from the system, have also no idea why but is this something Apple did to s-c-@-#-w us all again or a issue with the blueboard been outdated and needs new updates?

Please advise on this, I use expression pedals and everything is a mess now
GabrielRaphael

Re: will we see support for irig blueboard on Ventura Mac?

Postby mikeyp2000 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:08 am

I don’t hold out much hope here. I have a MacBook M1 and wanted a controller pedalboard for amplitube 5. Encouraged by the various videos of the BlueBoard working with iPads etc and the “Mac compatible” label on the packaging, I was disappointed to find IK support haven’t updated the BlueBoard app to work with Mac M1,

So I have returned the BlueBoard for a refund.
mikeyp2000

Postby GabrielRaphael » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:25 am

Well i had my blueboard many years and find it crazy that it cant work via normal bluetooth with out the stupid app

[mod redacted - unnecessary]
GabrielRaphael

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:43 am

You don't need the app to use BlueBoard via MIDI over BlueTooth. You can should be able to power up with mode B or C (refer to manual for the messages) and connect in the Audio/MIDI macOS Settings > Bluetooth section of the MIDI Studio. If you have any issues with this, IK Support can give you additional assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GabrielRaphael » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:48 am

Peter_IK wrote:You don't need the app to use BlueBoard via MIDI over BlueTooth. You can should be able to power up with mode B or C (refer to manual for the messages) and connect in the Audio/MIDI macOS Settings > Bluetooth section of the MIDI Studio. If you have any issues with this, IK Support can give you additional assistance.

Your correct about b and c modes, i will try it soon and get back.
GabrielRaphael

Postby GabrielRaphael » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:55 am

ok all good, thanks again!

I watched this video and set up my sends (on-off) using the blueboard with logic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHkb6SzXS4
But when I press on any of the blueboard buttons the temporary light up and at max volumes.
I also have issues with the expression pedal controlling levels or a whammy plugin in logic,

I remember having some issues in the past where I could not assign a expression pedal, Do you guys have any advise to solve this,
GabrielRaphael

Postby mikeyp2000 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:44 pm

I had no luck at all setting up the BlueBoard with Amplitube 5 on my M1 Mac.

I tried all three modes and none of them worked correctly with Amplitube. I could see the midi signals arriving in Amplitube but they didn’t operate. I tried it on my iPhone with the free version of Amplitube for iOS and it seemed to work there.

The mac needs some kind of app but it won’t install on newer macs
mikeyp2000

Postby GabrielRaphael » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:25 pm

mikeyp2000 wrote:I had no luck at all setting up the BlueBoard with Amplitube 5 on my M1 Mac.

I tried all three modes and none of them worked correctly with Amplitube. I could see the midi signals arriving in Amplitube but they didn’t operate. I tried it on my iPhone with the free version of Amplitube for iOS and it seemed to work there.

I think its fine on ios..surprised to hear about mac issues, i had no idea this product is not that popular..you would think expression pedals, switchers are desirable now that so many bedroom producers have computers
GabrielRaphael

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:23 pm

mikeyp2000 wrote:I had no luck at all setting up the BlueBoard with Amplitube 5 on my M1 Mac.

As my post above states, for MIDI over BlueTooth you don't need any app even on M1 Macs. I would suggest reaching out to IK Support since you seem to be having trouble and they can assist. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers