Amplitube 5 No Sound Standalone Program

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 No Sound Standalone Program

Postby AgranakStudios » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Mac Mini M1 (Ventura 13.0.1)
Amplitube 5.5.2
Tascam US-16x08
Reaper (Current)

Here is my issue. When I launch the standalone Amplitube there is no sound. The Output has a little green meeter, basically the idle for the amp. Input is black with no meter showing. Oh, btw, this used to work.

My workaround to use Amplitube has been open up reaper > add a track > add Amplitube 5 as an FX > make sure monitoring is on for the track > engage recording (red button)...then and only then will I get sound. Everything works fine after this.

I cannot get the standalone program to sound at all.

The Audio/MIDI section of the stand alone seems okay.

Input Device (US-16x08) Left Channel Right Channel both are my input, in this case 9.
Output (US-16x08) Left Channel (Output 1) Right Channel (Output 2)
Buffer 512 and MIDI Input Any.

Any thoughts on how to get sound out of the stand alone?
AgranakStudios

Re: Amplitube 5 No Sound Standalone Program

Postby james525600 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:23 pm

I am having the same issue
iMac 2017 5K
Focusrite 18i20

When I open in stand-alone mode I get zero input. What is odd is I open in MainStage, but when I load Ampltude5 it opens however I don't show all my sounds and collections which makes zero sense to me.

I just play for fun in my basement so it's not that big of a deal. NOT being able to use AmpliTube though is. It's useless in its current state.
james525600

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:30 pm

I'm sure IK Support can help you both via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support (you would need to search the FAQ there and if you don't find what you need you'll see a button presented to contact support). Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby astrozombie2000 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:06 am

MBP intel i7
MacOS Monterey 12.6.2
Focusrite 2i2

I'm having a similar issue. I downloaded the Mesa/Boogie 1&2 software yesterday to use mainly as a stand alone. I own several other plug-ins from other companies and I have never experienced this level of frustration. I've seen videos of people having to do all kinds of back door fixes to make the software work. I'm able to get a dry signal, but that is it. There isn't any sound coming from any amp.
astrozombie2000

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:22 pm

There is no need for any "backdoor fix" to get AmpliTube 5 to run with a standard audio interface. IK Support can definitely help figure out what is causing your issue and get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby astrozombie2000 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:48 pm

Hello Peter, I'd love some help figuring this thing out. I clicked on the link for Tech Support, but all I get are the FAQs. Unfortunately, I didn't find a FAQ that answered my issue. I'm sure the fix is something simple, but I can't seem to find where I'm going wrong. I've read through the manual and didn't find any answers.
astrozombie2000

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:03 pm

^^^^
Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby astrozombie2000 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:05 pm

UPDATE: Support helped me out and it was a simple fix. In my Mac System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Microphone: The AT5 block wasn't checked. Support did a great job of helping me out with this simple thing. Rock on!
astrozombie2000

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling