Anyone Else unable to access IK Multimedia's website?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Anyone Else unable to access IK Multimedia's website?

Postby Trensharo » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:07 pm

Can access it from my phone, but not my computer. Just times out every single time.

Has been this way for days.

Anyone else running into this issue. My network is fine.

EDIT: Also can't run the IK Product Manager. Connection Error, every time.
Trensharo

Re: Anyone Else unable to access IK Multimedia's website?

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:26 am

The site has been running fine, please use tools like https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ikmultimedia.com if you'd like to know if it is something on your side vs the site you are trying to visit.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jazzbat » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Hello,

I tried to call IK Multimedia via phone but it seems nobody is answering the phone at IK Multimedia right now. I am trying to download the IK Multimedia Tape Collection and Sunset Studios Reverb plugins to a second PC. I cannot get the IK Multimedia website to load any browser, on any PC right now. I get an "error timed out" message from the browser (Chrome or Microsoft Edge). My IK Product Manager also cannot connect to your website; it freezes when trying to load. No other website gives me this issue. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on both PC's.

I have cleared my cache and restarted PC, same issue. Please do not direct me to go to the IK Multimedia website to submit a tech support request because, like I wrote, I cannot get the IK Multimedia to load.
Jazzbat

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:31 pm

The only thing I can suggest is to check your HOSTS file to see if anything there is set to block/redirect access to the IK site(s).

The site is up and running right now, there aren't any global issues. Also, if you do need to get to support typically when it is a specific PC or network, you can use your mobile device via cellular (not wifi) connection and get on the site to open a support ticket as IK does not have direct telephone support. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jazzbat » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:48 pm

Apologies if this an uninformed question, but what do you mean by "check your HOSTS file"?
Jazzbat

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:59 pm

Jazzbat wrote:Apologies if this an uninformed question, but what do you mean by "check your HOSTS file"?

On both Windows and Mac computers, there is a HOSTS file which can be used to direct specific requests to certain IP addresses, etc. A sort of "network routing" file. I wouldn't edit it willy-nilly but if you see it has entries related to IK Multimedia that would be a problem as IK software does not use entries in this HOSTS file, ever.

Here is the Wikipedia article on these files: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jazzbat » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Ran Notepad as admin. Navigated to c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Showed "all files". Opened "hosts". I don't see IK Multimedia listed anywhere on this "hosts" file. At the bottom of hosts file, it does read "localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself." Is that correct?
Jazzbat

Postby Jazzbat » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:28 pm

It sure would be helpful if I could have a TeamViewer session with IK Tech Support. This problem has my studio stuck in the mud right now as I can't use the IK Tape Collection or the Sunset Studios Reverb. The IK website is the only website that I am experience this problem. I hope someone from IK Multimedia can assist.
Jazzbat

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:42 pm

Jazzbat wrote:It sure would be helpful if I could have a TeamViewer session with IK Tech Support. This problem has my studio stuck in the mud right now as I can't use the IK Tape Collection or the Sunset Studios Reverb. The IK website is the only website that I am experience this problem. I hope someone from IK Multimedia can assist.

Are you able to get to the site on a mobile device and via a cellular or different network than the one you're having trouble with? If you open a ticket that way they can surely assist you directly. If not let me know.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jazzbat » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:07 pm

Thanks. I was able to submit a ticket request.
Jazzbat

Postby Jazzbat » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:36 am

Well, inexplicably the IK Multimedia website started working on both of my PC's. I didn't change anything. It just suddenly started working. All is good now.
Jazzbat

Postby Jazzbat » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:50 pm

And.... just like that, IK Multimedia website no longer works on my PC. I do not understand this.
Jazzbat

Postby Jazzbat » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:10 pm

Can anyone at IK Multimedia help me log on to their website? For some reason, I get an "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
Jazzbat

Postby lufty262 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:44 am

i AM HAVING THIS ISSUE AS WELL.
lufty262

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The site has been running fine, please use tools like https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ikmultimedia.com if you'd like to know if it is something on your side vs the site you are trying to visit.

The site is up and has been, please use tools like the above to see if there is something going on with your connection/provider/etc when the site is up. If you are able to access via a cell phone (try with cellular not wifi if you can without incurring charges) you can also open a ticket with IK Support who can try to help you too. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to General Discussions