Control Surface plugins on MacOS 13 Ventura does not work

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Control Surface plugins on MacOS 13 Ventura does not work

Postby yorman433 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:28 am

Hi there All....1!!

I just bought a iRig I/O 25 yesterday and I was exited to have something that really works well in Garageband, I installed the plugin and none of the knobs works on GB.....any suggestions? I already created a ticket on support. I have an iMac 24 M1.
yorman433

Re: Control Surface plugins on MacOS 13 Ventura does not wor

Postby gordon1965 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:20 pm

yes , this is a question a lot of us are asking. I bought a IO25 3 days ago , only to find the advertised specs do not work on newer hardware.

I had a peek at the binary of the control surface , and yes , it X86_64 only [mod redacted - personal information]

I am a developer on the mac platform.
gordon1965

Postby gordon1965 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:36 am

Small update from Apple:
Important: All macOS computers support built-in MIDI Device Profiles (MDPs) and control surface plug-ins. macOS computers with Intel processors also support control surface plug-ins from manufacturers other than Apple. Refer to the device manufacturer’s support documentation to see if an MDP or plug-in is available.

Read that last paragraph. Only apple derived control surfaces can currently work on Arm based logic and GB.

Not good.
gordon1965

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:41 pm

As this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby gordon1965 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:10 pm

Been there , done that , nobody replies to you , just as other users have noted.
Personally speaking , these products are no longer suitable for the purpose as advertised.

Instead of hiding from the customers , It would ve nice if IK would at least acknowledge the issues.

A you are prolific on this forum , you already know that!
gordon1965

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:49 pm

Sorry, our IK Support team helps people every single day. If you have an issue with a ticket please provide the ticket number and someone can get that over to the support team to see what happened.

Nobody is "hiding" anything, it seems you posted something that changed after this hardware was made and something which IK cannot control but still IK Support will happily assist you to see what's really happening. Note also that upon signing up to this forum, users agree to the rules which are also linked at the top of each page and this part should hopefully clear up some confusion as to why you are not receiving direct support via this user-to-user and general announcement forum (I've including that rule #1 as well as the next rule as you may be reminded that moderators are users too and please keep it civil toward everybody:

This forum is not intended for direct company technical support. For support requests, please visit the IK Multimedia web site.

Please keep all posts relevant and refrain from disrespecting or abusing other forum users.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:54 pm

But mostly please provide your ticket number(s) so the support team can see what's going on with your issue. That's the best path to getting proper help with an issue which clearly and understandably frustrates you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gordon1965 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:06 pm

gordon1965

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:28 am

gordon1965 wrote:#8801297

Thank you, relayed.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JohannI1 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:32 pm

Hi, did anyone find a solution or workaround yet?
JohannI1

Postby gordon1965 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:55 pm

No, and no further communication was received. It’s not a very good start.
gordon1965

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:03 am

gordon1965 wrote:No, and no further communication was received. It’s not a very good start.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. What is your ticket number?
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby oGradyboy60 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:24 pm

Same problem here. Ticket #3629021. Multiple "back-and-forth" with IK Tech Support via email (they don't talk with you) and still no resolution.

After an hour with Mac Tech Support (live person with screen sharing) they ultimately suggested that it is a plug-in compatibility issue and that IK needs to fix it because their senior support were unable help me.
oGradyboy60

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 30, 2023 5:28 pm

I will relay your ticket number.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby oGradyboy60 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:30 pm

Same post. Same problem.Ticket #3629021. I did get a great Senior Level tech from IK Support on a call nearly a month ago. He was smart and tried his best - to no avail. He was going to "get back to me" but I haven't heard from him or anyone else at support (despite several more emails from me) in several weeks now. Would someone at IK please check into this? Thanks.
oGradyboy60

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers