Emily - a yarn from cottage session, summer 2021

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Emily - a yarn from cottage session, summer 2021

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:02 pm

Hi all,

I suppose after mentioning posting this track a while back that I completely forgot ’til now. :oops:

Anyhow, here is another song from my friend, Paul, that we worked on during a cottage session last summer. Paul spins a great yarn of deception and betrayal here and he let me help him with adding acoustic and electric guitars, drum programming, arrangement, production and mixing.

I think it’s pretty nice…song even ends with drums which is different.

IK Stuff:
MODO Drum - Studio kit
AT5 - Electric guitars = ’57 Champ, “The Crunch BT”, “The good’n’old 2 cabs” + “Thick SVX-CL”for bass guitar
TR5 - White 2A, Sunset Studio (plate, Studio 2 chamber), One

We hope you enjoy it....better late than never! :roll:

Take care,
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Emily - a yarn from cottage session, summer 2021

Postby Riff_Lovely » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:53 pm

Cheers Michael and Poul. Nice melody of singing. and sounding of you voice, and this is nice number to.
Keep rocking guys
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:17 pm

Thanks, Zuga1974, for the feedback and glad u enjoyed. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!

Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby danwilson5 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:36 pm

Hi Michael,

I am really digging the Cottage Sessions. Your contributions to Paul's song are very tasteful. I can really appreciate how you supported the song with all of the choices you made. Looking forward to more Cottage Sessions this year.

Cheers
Dan
danwilson5

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:24 pm

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the listen and kind words. Always try to do my best to add what I can. It's easy when Paul lays out solid foundations for songs and, by and large, we are often in sync and try to be open to consider the approach that's best for the song overall.

Yup, me too as far as looking forward to any Cottage Sessions we can scratch together for 2023!

Take care,
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session