Sound Install

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sound Install

Postby Archangelus76 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:44 pm

Hello I just purchased Studio Max and installed the necessary software. I have an external drive that I use to store my sound library. I made sure sample tank is set to the right path to the external. The problem arises when I download some instruments (Miroslav 2 being one) it starts download to my main hard drive and sucking up space. I made sure that the path was correct but no matter what it defaults and creates a IK multimedia folder within my USER/primary hard drive. Any help would be appreciated. I have even tried to drag the downloaded contents to my external (the one Sample tank is set to) but when I open sample tank the instruments aren't available. BTW I'm running MacOS Ventura.
Archangelus76

Re: Sound Install

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please have a look at my replies to the other threads asking about TS3.5MAX installation. They should cover your questions, particularly how to specify the downloads folder used by the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") and the destination folder for the sounds libraries.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More