Checking In Since My Last... Love My AXE I/O

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Checking In Since My Last... Love My AXE I/O

Postby Opspeculate2 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:11 pm

Hello all, I hope you are doing marvellously well! :D

Since my last post https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=28922

Shorty there after, I received my AXE I/O hardware and have manged to use it in many ways.

I really love the AMP 5 software and now having the hardware I experimented with re-amping to achieve different live guitar and bass moods.

As before I have recorded examples using only the Amp 5 software and through my new AXE unit for the guitars and bass.

DAW is Studio 1 and the drums are floor live most of the time so a little dirty but it's all Rock & Roll yea!

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=842PzB03BjM&feature=share

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=GxboiO5QBdg&feature=share

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=o0wpqDu8ImY&feature=share

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0QbKbav12M&feature=share
Opspeculate...
Opspeculate2

Re: Checking In Since My Last... Love My AXE I/O

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:44 pm

Hi Opspeculate2:

Well, certainly seems you’ve put AT5 and the AXE I/O to excellent use! :o

Love My Bucket Head - really nice progression and playing especially kicking in ~2:00 and I like the change-up ~3:00.

Dreams of Sea - simply a beautiful song, was reaching for a lighter to hold above my head

Sim Jim - peppy and neat idea, nice gnarly tones

Missing Me - such a cool vibe, had this on repeat for a while. The drums and bass are fantastic and the guitar fits so perfectly. To me this idea needs to get fleshed out more and vocal melodies just flow. Would love to see this one furthered - hoping that’s your plan!

Some excellent guitar and bass tones going on here as well as performances. I appreciate the variety of ideas presented here.

A very enjoyable listen and thanks so much for sharing! 8-)
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:43 pm

Hello Opspeculate2
First song is real rocky and is nice to me
secod is nice song and emphasize color of your voice
The other two is two nice idea which are waiting to convert in to good song.
Riff_Lovely

Postby Opspeculate2 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:29 pm

Thanks you both so much for the awesome feedback! :) :) :)

We must think a like as I am reading these replies I am also currently writing versus for Missing Me, always thought it needed words as well.

I laughed so hard with the lighter comment lol. Great sense of humour!

This was my first attempt at singing actually, I am shy as heck without my guitar.

I play bass and drums on these as well but would do better with an actual drummer as I don't practice enough to provide a solid kick.

I love playing bass just as much as guitar but being self taught I am a just hack at all of it.

Slim Jim was just a clean tone test that turned into something I can't explain but some how like it. Maybe good for some end of movie rolling credits.

My true passion is writing and playing music for you! and this AMP5 gear provides me the means of infinite tones all in one package that I would never have otherwise in my home studio.

Jason Empey aka Opspeculate
Opspeculate...
Opspeculate2

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:05 pm

Hey Jason,

No problem and good singing. Playing the drums, bass and guitar on these is very impressive and the bass riffage going on in Missing Me is great. :D

I was checking out some of your other stuff and noticed for that EVH tribute track a gorgeous black Les Paul Custom in the pic. THAT brings back both fond ;) and irksome :evil: memories for me as that was my first electric guitar back in the day. My dad got me a used 1969 model, same colour combo, way back when and I had for almost two decades before it was stolen while I was at band practice. Massive loss but a wonderful instrument.

BTW - I sent you a private message as well so check that out if you hadn’t had a chance yet.

All the best,
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Opspeculate2 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:34 pm

Thanks so much for the feedback - I am a crap singer I know. lol

Man that sux, I had a buddy lost his LP and 80's Marshall at a jam spot.

Very sad :-(

My LP is a 78 Custom and is a deep wine red actually.

It changes all kinds of colours in the light.

Opspeculate...
Opspeculate2

Return to The Jam Session