Official MixBox Wish List

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Re: Official MixBox Wish List

Postby StevenMikel » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:44 am

StevenMikel wrote:1.Multiband processing
2.Parrallell processing
3.Ability to link the input and output knobs on modules and the input and output fades of MixBox
4.A MXR or A/DA style flanger.
5.The Flanger/Doubler from the Dimebag Darrell CFH collection
6.A pitch shifter(+/- 2 octaves)

It's already got parrallell processing , my bad.
StevenMikel

Postby asstudioton » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:05 pm

Hi! I've been using MixBox since recently. I hesitated between different solutions and chose MixBox 'cause I think it has potential.
But I think MixBox absolutely needs to get the following things as fast as possible:

1. Gate module;
2. Filter module (LP/HP with an adjustable Q-factor);
3. Fader module with pan, width, solo/mute buttons, etc to make "Mix-in-the-box conception" into reality;
4. I also think it could be extended up to 16 modules. Why not?

Can we count on the IK Multimedia team to add these modules?
asstudioton

Postby M1dnightfm » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:03 am

- Clearer UI (it has a very slightly blurred look to it as other users mentioned)
- Damping or lowpass for reverbs (as it is they're very bright)
- Double click to reset knobs
- Some sort of monitoring module
M1dnightfm

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:50 pm

Please note this is a wish list for feature requests, if you have technical issues or would like to report what you believe is a bug please contact IK Support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fehlkauf » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:34 am

MIDI Learn, please.
Fehlkauf

Postby Esben Andersen » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:41 pm

Hi,

I love the sound of MixBox but there are some major issues with ease of use. Here are my suggestions. Keep up the good work IK.

1- Customizable Default State for each rack
It would be amazing if you could customize a default state for each rack so that it opens with the settings that are most useful to the user. I for instance find myself changing the compressor to fit my sound every time I open a new rack instead of it starting at a setting that I’ve set once. It would be a real time saver and is something you can do in pretty much every other plugin I use.

2- Midi and automation control of Volume and Mix for each rack
I use Ableton 11 and I can’t control the Volume and Mix for the single racks. It is a huge bummer as I’ve wanted to both automate it while using the plugin in a track and because I can’t map it to midi controllers which I use all the time.

3- Volume control next to mix in main GUI
I keep going back and forth between the two ‘screens’ of the plugin just to change the volume and it is a complete waste of time. Really, this one thing takes the plugin from great to just ok. Ease of use is everything when producing music 10 hours a day. There’s plenty of space in the main GUI for a volume control per rack. It’s an absolute must for the workflow.

4- When an effect is bypassed, so should the gain stage of that rack.
If I have a compressor on slot 3 that boost the sound 3 dB and I therefore set the gain -3 dB on the slot if I bypass the compressor so should the gain stage. Otherwise A/B’ing is impossible.

5-Parameter unification
It is a shame that there isn’t any parameter unification between the different plugins within MixBox. For example attack should always be ‘attack’ when you switch between compressor models. So if you’ve set up a midi controller to be ‘attack’ on ‘Ratio’ on the ‘Bus Compressor’ it is also ‘Ratio’ on ‘Black 76’. And likewise High Frequency Gain could be exactly that across all EQ models. It would make it possible to set up great midi controllers for the plugin and through that control it like real hardware.

6-Saturation and Output linking
In Ie. ‘SatX’ and ‘Distortion’ it is crucial that you can link the gain and output stage. Otherwise the volume is just turned up a lot and you can’t hear what you’re doing. Again, it makes the plugin so difficult to use properly and is an easy improvement.

7-Add ‘Brickwall’ button to SatX
It is in the T-Racks version and is sorely missed in MixBox.

8-Add EQP-1A Bandwidth knob parameter
It is a huge shame that there’s no bandwidth parameter in EQP-1A and it means that I always get harsh highs from it compared to other Pulteq clones. Please add it to the MixBox plugin.

9-Next/Previous buttons for rack selection
It would be great for sound exploring to be able to choose next or previous effect rather than always open the browser. I’d love that for the times where I’m messing about and trying different sounds.

10-‘Distortion’ output knob
The distortion plugin badly needs an output knob and even better if it could be linked with the gain knob. Right now you gain 3dB then click to go to the back panel, realize you want to gain 2dB more and then have to go to the back panel again, etc. That is extremely bad workflow.

It’s already an amazing suite of plugins but if you think about expanding with more racks here’s what I think is missing currently:
A Juno-like chorus with mode I and II.
A simplified high quality Tascam tape model.
A simplified high quality Teac tape model.
A simplified version of the ‘Space Delay’.

Best wishes from Denmark,

-Esben
Esben Andersen

Postby Dannydan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:43 pm

Yes totally agree
Dannydan

Postby MikeLarryMTL » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Add a trimmer please!
MikeLarryMTL

Postby Esben Andersen » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:16 pm

I'll add one more suggestions here - adding to an already pretty big total. Something I only do because MixBox potentially could become one of the best plugins around if only a few tweaks were made to the interface and usability. As I wrote before: The great sound is already there!

1) - Add LFO's, and Envelope Follower and Macros

Look at what KiloHearts is doing with their Snap Heap plugin. The sound of their plugins is not at all up to IK's quality - but they are SO much more fun and creative to use in the Snap Heap plugin.

If LFO's and Envelope Followers to parameters (like the filter ie.) it would totally transform the plugin to be extremely creative. And if Macro's were possible I could create crazy fx that could create sweeps, wild distortion with modulation, etc. with the turn of a single knob. Think of the presets the community could share with each other!

2) -Add a rack with Transient Shaping abilities.

Since it is meant as a one stop shop for mixing I think a transient shaper is missing in the toolbox. A simple three knob Attack, Sustain and Timing rack would be great.

Best,

-Esben
Esben Andersen

Postby dj_jams » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:16 pm

I think owners of the T-Racks Sunset Sound Studio Reverb should get the corresponding MixBox modules automatically unlocked for free.
dj_jams

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:51 pm

dj_jams wrote:I think owners of the T-Racks Sunset Sound Studio Reverb should get the corresponding MixBox modules automatically unlocked for free.

You can unlock them for 9.99 (minus up to an additional 30% off using JamPoints).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kevinsparks » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:24 pm

This has lots of potential. Please add a gate, and a transient shaper.
kevinsparks

Postby rgoss » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:05 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
dj_jams wrote:I think owners of the T-Racks Sunset Sound Studio Reverb should get the corresponding MixBox modules automatically unlocked for free.

You can unlock them for 9.99 (minus up to an additional 30% off using JamPoints).

Dear Peter, could you please explain how to unlock the Sunset Studio Reverb for MixBox for 9.99 Euro. Everytime I try this I can only see a price of 79.99 Euro in my shoping cart (after login and as an owner of the T-Racks Sunset Reverb).
Thank you in advance
rgoss

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:14 pm

Peter may be able to explain directly.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Sales / Order Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:38 pm

That promotion/intro offer has ended.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox