IK Multimedia releases Total Studio 3.5 MAX and Total VI MAX

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK Multimedia releases Total Studio 3.5 MAX and Total VI

Postby mdsound@ymail.com » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:25 pm

I contacted the support team but no answer for the moment!
mdsound@ymail.com

Postby FiatLux8 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:44 pm

mdsound@ymail.com wrote:I contacted the support team but no answer for the moment!

Their support system is a bit odd IMO because there usually is no auto-receipt message for your contact.
As far as I can see then they open the ticket manually after browsing the support requests.
Usually it takes at least a couple of days for them to get back to you as in opening the ticket response. But sometimes it may take longer time.
Alas I can not tell you what is appropriate waiting time to wait until you try again (do a follow up request) but at least you should expect to have to wait some workdays for a response !

I seriously wish that they would setup at least some kind of automatic immediate receipt notification telling you that they received your support request !
FiatLux8

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:55 pm

FiatLux8 wrote:
mdsound@ymail.com wrote:I contacted the support team but no answer for the moment!

Their support system is a bit odd IMO because there usually is no auto-receipt message for your contact.
As far as I can see then they open the ticket manually after browsing the support requests.
Usually it takes at least a couple of days for them to get back to you as in opening the ticket response. But sometimes it may take longer time.
Alas I can not tell you what is appropriate waiting time to wait until you try again (do a follow up request) but at least you should expect to have to wait some workdays for a response !

I seriously wish that they would setup at least some kind of automatic immediate receipt notification telling you that they received your support request !

If you submit a technical request (not sales/service) you do get an automatic reply that your ticket has been open.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FiatLux8 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If you submit a technical request (not sales/service) you do get an automatic reply that your ticket has been open.

Thanks Peter IK , but that's not my experience. I have opened more tickets with no automatic reply at all , which made me in fact open a ticket about the same issue 3 or 4 times since I got no response at all. And NO ! they were not in spam folder either. Of course I can not say for sure if there is a some black hole where some of the emails vanish at my hosting provider , however I doubt if you can guarantee either that emails were sent without a system check !
Anyway , it would be a rather strange thing if only email from IK Multimedia auto-response vanished since I am not aware that I am missing similar from other places...
FiatLux8

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:03 pm

FiatLux8 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:If you submit a technical request (not sales/service) you do get an automatic reply that your ticket has been open.

Thanks Peter IK , but that's not my experience. I have opened more tickets with no automatic reply at all , which made me in fact open a ticket about the same issue 3 or 4 times since I got no response at all. And NO ! they were not in spam folder either. Of course I can not say for sure if there is a some black hole where some of the emails vanish at my hosting provider , however I doubt if you can guarantee either that emails were sent without a system check !
Anyway , it would be a rather strange thing if only email from IK Multimedia auto-response vanished since I am not aware that I am missing similar from other places...

They absolutely get sent, I just opened a test ticket with a personal email account and it worked and there are many received every day. Perhaps the team can troubleshoot that with you to. They are definitely sent unless you are opening non-technical/sales/service requests instead.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ronniez28 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:29 am

Hello,
I'm just a bit concerned. I just want to make absolutely sure that after I purchase and download
Total Studio 3.5 for the $199 price, that I will literally have every virtual instrument
( ModoBass, ModoDrum etc ) and all 497 Gigs of processing that this software comes with. Will I need to purchase anything else to use these? It just seems too good to be that cut and dry, especially when just Modobass and Mododrum purchased alone are more than that. And I thought I read somewhere that I could pick and choose what I download to save some hard drive space.
Is that the case?
Sorry for the skepticism!
Thanks so much!!
ronniez28

Postby FiatLux8 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:55 am

ronniez28 wrote:Hello,
I'm just a bit concerned. I just want to make absolutely sure that after I purchase and download
Total Studio 3.5 for the $199 price, that I will literally have every virtual instrument
( ModoBass, ModoDrum etc ) and all 497 Gigs of processing that this software comes with. Will I need to purchase anything else to use these? It just seems too good to be that cut and dry, especially when just Modobass and Mododrum purchased alone are more than that. And I thought I read somewhere that I could pick and choose what I download to save some hard drive space.
Is that the case?
Sorry for the skepticism!
Thanks so much!!

You have to read closely what variety of the product that comes with what and what variety of the product that you get with Total Studio 3.5 MAX.
Take a look at this page : https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... ?p=compare
Total Studio 3.5 MAX is the product in the middle. E.g. : SampleTank 4 is the MAX version but the Syntronik 2 is not, MODO BASS is version 1.5 not MODO BASS 2 .
So , of course , you are not getting every IK Multimedia product that you could dream of , but on the other hand then the Total Studio 3.5 MAX , especially at the present price, gives you really great value for your purchase and is as such a no 'brainer' at $199 price I think.
The caveat that you are looking for here is mostly all the upgrades and stuff that they are literally spamming you with in news letters like 3 or 5 times (PER DAY !) and you should expect that Total Studio 3.5 MAX is most likely going to come in a new version rather soon so that the sale of course also is a drive to get more customers to offer to upgrade to a newer and better version later. Still the Total Studio 3.5 MAX at a $199 price is a very great value offer and you shouldn't expect any new version to be sold at that price any time soon if/when it arrives. What you should expect is that if you like and buy the Total Studio 3.5 MAX then it will still cost you $99 (or $149 ?) to upgrade e.g. the Syntronik 2 to Syntronik 2 Max , also even if you participated in the Syntronik 2 Group Buy a while back ! And a 'MODO MAX Upgrade' upgrade is $ 199.99 I think ! (but you get the general idea !)
It appears that IK Multimedia makes a lot of the money from upgrades.
Also please notice that you have to download AND Backup your downloads for any re-install within 180 days , after that you will have to pay $10 to renew to an additional 180 days of file downloads , that's another condition... As far as I know then Total Studio 3.5 MAX is 'only' 470 GB not 497 GB as you write , but as you can probably figure then that it is also going to be a lot of GB downloaded when you scale up to many users so for IK Multimedia to afford that then there is a limit to how long time that your downloads are free !

But in short : Total Studio 3.5 MAX at a $199 price is a very great value offer and you ought to buy it if you like the product and would like to get it at some point anyway !

P.S.
IMO then Total Studio 3.5 MAX contains so many products that even managing the product installation takes some work (especially since any custom install path has to be set for most all products included individually and this install path is not visibly confirmed in product manager later) ! If you don't want that then buy a product that comes with less :lol:
You might also want to consider where you set the product manager download location to keep files since it is 470 GB of files to either delete or keep (can be set in product manager I think).
FiatLux8

Postby ronniez28 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:59 pm

WOW!! And a huge THANK YOU to FiatLux8!
Thanks so much for the super informative and quick response. I'm not very savvy with tech and computer stuff but I'm going to purchase a 1TB external drive and hopefully figure out how to download this product to it (fingers crossed).
Again, Thanks a Million!
ronniez28

Postby FiatLux8 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:21 pm

ronniez28 wrote:WOW!! And a huge THANK YOU to FiatLux8!
Thanks so much for the super informative and quick response. I'm not very savvy with tech and computer stuff but I'm going to purchase a 1TB external drive and hopefully figure out how to download this product to it (fingers crossed).
Again, Thanks a Million!

Thank you very much for the only very rarely ever seen extremely kind response.
Yes , an external drive to keep the downloads backup should be great. I think that manual downloads , at least some of it can be done from the My Products page of account but even if then it's a huge effort even just to manage all that stuff. The better way is to set the IK Product Manager to keep downloaded files after installation and then backup that folder (that's at least the theory , I haven't had to re-install it all yet...)

As for the use then while you may want to install apps and plug-ins to your OS system drive then unless that drive is rather big and you do not mind to back up half a Tera-byte more if/when you take an OS backup then you might want to install the sounds to another drive. And unless that you don't mind waiting when browsing sounds in Syntronik 2 and SampleTank 4 then you will want to have that drive be an SSD drive (I started out with an ordinary old fashioned mechanical hard drive but later swapped it with an SSD). A problem is though that as your collection of sounds , samples & products grows (you may soon eye other than IK Multimedia's product later)(e.g. http://www.native-instruments.com & http://www.arturia.com)(suddenly the TS 3.5 MAX price of $ 199.99 looks as even less :) ) then so does the need and the size of the SSD drive so soon you may find out that a 1TB of them suddenly looks rather small (just informing you)(I have a 1 TB myself I knew were too small when I got it but didn't think that I had the money to buy the rather big one I really wanted)(SSD drives ought never be filled more than maybe %80 either as they apparently get rather slow then , at least for write operations). Anyway upgrading from a mechanical drive to SSD can always be done later when one have tried using the products and if one finds that one uses it so much that the waiting for loading of the sounds makes one want to upgrade! :!:
FiatLux8

Postby ctowncomodity » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:55 pm

Hi sorry to bother but Just purchased total studio max and some of the amps and pedals are still locked in AmpliTube. Does it not include everything? The only reason I upgraded was to get the missing amps and pedals. Please help!
ctowncomodity

Postby 420woobs » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:59 pm

ctowncomodity wrote:Hi sorry to bother but Just purchased total studio max and some of the amps and pedals are still locked in AmpliTube. Does it not include everything? The only reason I upgraded was to get the missing amps and pedals. Please help!

You should have almost everything but for the X-drive gear stuff and a small amount of amps cali tweed and 3 boogies I think.
420woobs

Postby Wtptrs1985 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:01 pm

420woobs wrote:
ctowncomodity wrote:Hi sorry to bother but Just purchased total studio max and some of the amps and pedals are still locked in AmpliTube. Does it not include everything? The only reason I upgraded was to get the missing amps and pedals. Please help!

You should have almost everything but for the X-drive gear stuff and a small amount of amps cali tweed and 3 boogies I think.

Correct, any IK Multimedia products released since December 2021 are not included in Total Studio 3.5 MAX.
Wtptrs1985

Postby dscheidt » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:25 pm

Here's the complete list:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... tsincluded

The X-Gear pedals should be included, but the Mesa Boogie 2 pack isn't. If the pedals aren't showing up, contact support, they are very helpful in getting things straightened out
dscheidt

Postby 420woobs » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:32 pm

dscheidt wrote:Here's the complete list:

The X-Gear pedals should be included, but the Mesa Boogie 2 pack isn't. If the pedals aren't showing up, contact support, they are very helpful in getting things straightened out

So are you saying you get more gear when you get AmpliTube 5 Max through TS 3.5 than you get by just buying AmpliTube 5 Max on it's own? I have A 5 max and do not have the X pedals.
420woobs

Postby Wtptrs1985 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:41 pm

420woobs wrote:
dscheidt wrote:Here's the complete list:

So are you saying you get more gear when you get AmpliTube 5 Max through TS 3.5 than you get by just buying AmpliTube 5 Max on it's own? I have A 5 max and do not have the X pedals.

Check the 'compare' tab in the link dscheidt posted. On top of Amplitube 5, there's the following Amplitube collections that should be included in TS 3.5 MAX:

AmpliTube SVX 1
AmpliTube SVX 2
AmpliTube Metal
AmpliTube Brian May
AmpliTube MESA/Boogie
AmpliTube Orange
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix
AmpliTube Slash
AmpliTube Joe Satriani
AmpliTube Leslie
Dimebag Darrell CFH
Fender Collection 1