Trying to figure out my Total Studio 3.5 MAX Deal benefits

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Trying to figure out my Total Studio 3.5 MAX Deal benefits

Postby TillKrueger68 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:56 pm

Hi everyone, Till my name, total noob to IK Multimedia's tools, so please forgive me if my questions sound like I don't know what I'm doing (yet).

So, I jumped on that special 80$ OFF Deal for Total Studio 3.5 MAX, downloaded and installed the IKM Product Manager (I'm on a MacBook Air M1 Ventura and a 2014 iMac 5K Mojave), downloaded and installed all the products and sounds showing up in my IKM Product Manager, and was wondering about a few things, right off the bat, which I hope someone here might be able to answer:

• what does "180 days left" mean, under the Sounds?

• the deal mentioned inclusion of ARC 3, Hammond B-3X, and the Lurssen Console, but they have the "Try" and "Buy" buttons next to them...why is that, and how do I register them to my account as part of my MAX Deal (without having to pay for them separately)?

• the deal mentioned "over 440GB of sounds", but what was downloaded seems like only a very small fraction of that (maybe 20GB, in total)...how do I access and download all of those sounds?

These are my initial questions, and although there will surely be more to come as I start to work with and experiment with this amazing toolset, the answers to the above are sure to keep me busy for a while, so any pointers to these answers would be greatly appreciated :)

Kind regards from Berlin,
Till
TillKrueger68

Re: Trying to figure out my Total Studio 3.5 MAX Deal benefi

Postby TillKrueger68 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:03 pm

To answer my own question about registering the extra tools, I pasted the code that was supplied to me in the first email from KVR Audio into the "Register" window's Serial Number field, and voilá, all 3 products now show as "Authorized" :)

That was easy
TillKrueger68

Postby TillKrueger68 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:27 pm

And to answer my other question, with all the other tools that appeared after entering my authorisation code, a sh*tload of sound-libraries also appeared under the Sounds tab...not sure whether they'll add up to 440GB, but certainly enough to make me shut up for a while ;)
TillKrueger68

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:29 pm

The 180 days is the standard period during which the big sounds library downloads are available for downloading. The period starts when the relevant software product is Registered on your User Account. Software product downloads and sounds update downloads are not constrained by this limit.

IK Multimedia recommends that, after downloading / installing the libraries, the download files are backed up so you do not need to download them again. Or, you can back up the complete installed sounds ibraries. But if you do need to download them again after the 180 days, a small Downloads Reactivation fee will provide you with a further 180 days availability for ALL your sounds ibraries.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby TillKrueger68 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:09 pm

Thank you, DarkStar, for answering that one question that I didn't have an answer to, yet!
Makes sense that IKM doesn't want thousands of people downloading those huge libraries over and over again.

I do complete backups every day, so I hope that this will be the one and only time that I have to do this.

Cheers and all the best from Berlin!
TillKrueger68

Postby TillKrueger68 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:56 pm

So, is there a way to download the entire library at once, rather than for each instrument separately? I've been at it for hours, and still only part-way through. Would be nice to save a bit of time and do something else, than clicking "Install" every couple of minutes (I have a gigabit connection, so they do download quickly).
TillKrueger68

Postby TillKrueger68 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:11 pm

IKM Product Manager sure crashes a lot on me.

Prob bc I am on Apple Silicon...what's the word on the street about a Universal or AS version?

Guess I'll scour the Forums for the answer to that...
TillKrueger68

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:46 pm

TillKrueger68 wrote:IKM Product Manager sure crashes a lot on me.

Prob bc I am on Apple Silicon...what's the word on the street about a Universal or AS version?

Guess I'll scour the Forums for the answer to that...

I use IK Product Manager on Apple Silicon all the time. You should report your issue to IK Support and they'll see what is causing your issue. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TillKrueger68 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:01 pm

Will do, Peter_IK, thanks!
TillKrueger68

Postby TillKrueger68 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:47 pm

Is there a way to copy all of the sound libraries from one machine to another, and have the IK Instruments and Plugins find them, without installing them through the IKM Product Manager? Providing that I have installed and authorised those instruments and plugins via the IKM PM on the other machine, already, of course.

I am a little doubtful, bc how would IKM PM then "see" that they have been installed, if I copy them manually, but I am hoping that it is possible.

Took me the better part of yesterday, to download them all, and I would also prefer not hitting the IKM server *twice* in 2 days, with almost 500GB of downloads.

Any advice/instructions would be appreciated.
TillKrueger68

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:48 pm

Yes, you can copy the complete libraries across.

Install and Authorize the software on the new system.

Then run the stand-alone programs and set the appropriate library folder(s) in the Preference Settings. IKPM on that machine should then pick up the library locations (on Windows, from the Registry) and see that the libraries are installed.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby TillKrueger68 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:00 pm

Thank you DarkStar...I shall try that as soon as I got the other system configured.
TillKrueger68

Return to General Discussions