iRiG2 No longer works with IOS16?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRiG2 No longer works with IOS16?

Postby Duke0fA36 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:14 am

I have recently bought the iRiG2 and was working fantastic. A few days later I have upgraded to IOS16. It stopped working since then. The sound was very static. Tried new cables and used my old iRiG pro same result. Any ideas?
Duke0fA36

Re: iRiG2 No longer works with IOS16?

Postby Mazzyday » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:21 pm

Same here. AmpliTube shows signal in, but it does not have any signal out. I’ve checked my cables and all the work-arounds such as turning off the tuner, mute, solo in the drum room, making sure a line is ready to record, and still nothing. Seems like this requires an update. I’m on iPhone 13 Pro and iOS 16.
Mazzyday

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:13 pm

iRig 2 is an analog interface so it should work just as any mic on earbuds or TRRS connected mic/interface would. Seems unlikely to break due to an iOS update but I can't be sure. The IK Support folks would be able to give you more detailed assistance and get you up and running though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chi_mingk » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:59 am

Hi all,

I am expierencing the same issues. The Iphone (13 Pro on IOS 16) no longer recognizes the interface correctly.
Input is shown as 'built in mic'.
I have posted requests on the forum and in the App store.
@Peter, you refer to the support pagers, but there I have a feeling I am going around in circles.
I really think the app needs an IOS 16 update/upgrade. So the interfaces are properly working again.

Can you share information on any updates coming?
Thank you in advance

Kind regards
Dennis
chi_mingk

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:49 pm

chi_mingk wrote:Hi all,

I am expierencing the same issues. The Iphone (13 Pro on IOS 16) no longer recognizes the interface correctly.
Input is shown as 'built in mic'.
I have posted requests on the forum and in the App store.
@Peter, you refer to the support pagers, but there I have a feeling I am going around in circles.
I really think the app needs an IOS 16 update/upgrade. So the interfaces are properly working again.

Can you share information on any updates coming?
Thank you in advance

Kind regards
Dennis

I do not have information about any fixes to issues reported as the support team would take care of those. This forum is not for direct technical support, but you can open a ticket via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will have much more information for you and make sure your issues get resolved. You would go to the link I provided, search the FAQ, and if you don't find your answer you will see a link/button to open a ticket. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chi_mingk » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:23 pm

Thx. I (already) did. Fingers crossed.
chi_mingk

Postby Kellybarker01 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:51 pm

I also Just tried out my Amplitube 4.14.0 with iOS 16 update on the new 13 Pro Max and get a crackling in both my headphones as well as my amp. Tried different rigs to see if that was it and nope. Checked settings, adjusted inputs and outputs and it’s still there no matter what I do. Plugged straight into my amp and all is good, no crackle. Everything sounds like crap. [mod redacted - unnecessary and please review the rules and guidelines of this forum]
Kellybarker01

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:18 pm

Please work with IK Support as per the forum rules and guidelines this forum is not a medium for direct technical support. I also had to clean up some of the posting here, so also please review the guidelines for this forum via viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

I'm sure IK Support can assist you and get you up and running happily. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mazzyday » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:41 pm

Update to my earlier post, we all may be SOL. The went the path of filing a support ticket and the response I got from their support team is below. I don’t know if a lightning cable splitter might work as a low cost option.

Hello,

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

Thank you.

That model iRig does not have an output; it was dependent on the previous iteration of the Apple mobile device family which had an audio output.

You will have to upgrade your IK hardware with their decision to remove this port from their device. The iRig becomes your input and output device; you cannot use the devices built in speaker or any type of wireless option unfortunately. This is by design of IOS.
Mazzyday

Postby Kellybarker01 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:38 pm

My previous iPhone had the lightning cable port and the adapter worked perfectly fine. No issues whatsoever.
Kellybarker01

Postby miguelacygni » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi all, I have suffered the same problem.
Until yesterday I was working perfectly with iOs 15 and iRig2 with a lightining adapter. After upgrade to iOS16 the sound is bad, not clear and it sounds with something similar to interferences.
What a pitty....
miguelacygni

Postby Mazzyday » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:55 pm

I tried it in an older iPhone 8 that is not running iOS 16, which only has a lightning port and it works fine. It’s definitely something to do with the iOS update.
Mazzyday

Postby miguelacygni » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:54 pm

Yes! I have tried on my old iphone 5c and it also work perfect but I need to have it working on my actual model because I bought a bundle last year and everything is on this unit
miguelacygni

Postby erik.bostrom.privat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:54 am

I have just experienced this problem. Any update/solution?
erik.bostrom.privat

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:17 pm

erik.bostrom.privat wrote:I have just experienced this problem. Any update/solution?

As advised above, please work with IK Support and they will assist you (contrary to the other comment, they will absolutely continue to assist you if you reply to the ticket responses and work with them). Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories