Breathe, Sinister Sister

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Breathe, Sinister Sister

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:04 pm

This may not be your jam but I’ve shared this as it’s one of my more ambitious songs conceptually and was birthed on piano. Originally recorded in Nov/18 and then I went back and mastered with Lurssen in May/19…. this is the stereo master from that time.

Tried to make the song cinematic and a “period-piece”….if that’s possible with music (?). It starts & ends with some sweet melancholy but then propels to a far away land in the middle (East, :lol: ) and ties into the theme of the yarn being told (if interested in that, check out the bottom….otherwise, may be TMI).

IK Stuff:
AT4 = ENGL Powerball, Orange Tiny Terror, Mesa Triple Rectifier for guitars and Amp SVX-4B for bass
ST3 - Dulcimer 2, Two Thousand One with Male Choir Anonymous, Neil Peart crash cymbals
TR5 - CSR Room, Plate and Hall revs, One, Lurssen

Thanks for giving a chance! ;)
Michael

No idea what prompted the story, but here’s the gist:
Essentially tells the tale of a nobleman who is about to land ashore back to his homeland, battered as he is returning from the Crusades. While he was there, he learned that his sister had claimed he was dead, ruined their noble house and squandered the family’s wealth. He fights with renewed vigour so he may return home, hoping his sister is still alive until he can confront her to exact his revenge.
mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Breathe, Sinister Sister

Postby Riff_Lovely » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:43 pm

Hello Michael,this is very interesting song. I like the some kind of medieval scales parts ( if i expres my self right ). This is nice idea so sing about some thing like this . It s not like " she broke my heart and she runaway ". I like also the begining with keys. Nice production also. Btw what drums you use, i like the sound of it.
Riff_Lovely

Re: Breathe, Sinister Sister

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:18 pm

Hi zuga1974!

Thanks very much for the listen and feedback.

Back in 2018, I would have been using Logic's Drummer for the drum patterns. Glad you liked the sound of things.

Take care!!!! 8-)
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session