Ready or Not - rock positive.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Ready or Not - rock positive.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:49 am

Hi all,

This song is originally from Jan/2020 and was geared to have a positive vibe, be rockin' with a nod to one of my favourite rock trios, King’s X.

Spent some time remixing this one over the weekend, no retakes but every track was rebuilt from scratch except the guitar lead.

While each passing day lengthens the shadow from any “success” with music, it’s relative. Despite more downs than ups, there’s belief & drive to keep at it even if it’s just for its own sake (and, maybe, staying out of its way could help too). Guess that summarizes the theme of this song and, perhaps, it'll resonate.

IK Stuff:
AT5 - Rhythm guitar = redone Triple Rectifier patch from AT4, Guitar melody = Blues Liquid from ToneNet; Bass guitar = Punchy Bass from ToneNet
AT4 - Guitar Lead = ENGL Powerball
MODO Drum - Reference Kit with Brit Custom toms
TR5 - White 2A, Tascam 388, Tape 80, CSR Room, Sunset Sound ISO, Stealth Limiter
Mixbox
Lurssen - Americana Loose (more glue)

Hope you’ll listen and enjoy!
Michael
("life's always in record")

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Ready or Not - rock positive.

Postby Riff_Lovely » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:40 pm

Nice sturdy stuff, very katchy. Nice singing Michael, like allways. I also like the production, little bit dirty. Rocking ,keep on rocking
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:47 pm

Hi zuga1974!

Thanks for listening so soon & the feedback. Glad u enjoyed....I tried to get a a couple "hooks" in there!

Take care! :D
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Hey all,

Posting a remix as I ended up not favouring the electric rhythm guitar tone so it's been revamped using an AC30 w/Marshall 4x12 cab combination...plus a bunch of other mix tweaks.

Hopefully an improvement.

Take care,
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session