Tonex SE upgrade to MAX

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Tonex SE upgrade to MAX

Postby helgetjelta » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:49 pm

Hi just bought the SE, but now I want the whole package...

is there a upgrade price from SE to MAX ?

cheers helge
helgetjelta

Re: Tonex SE upgrade to MAX

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:21 pm

Hi, IK Support can assist you with this. Thanks! http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CACOrange07 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:49 pm

So I purchased SE a few months ago and upgraded today to MAX and was pretty upset that there is no credit for the $149 I spent on SE, I paid the same price for MAX that someone would pay for who had not bought any versions before.

What a freaking ripoff IK, what the heck are you doing. I did get to use my credit points that I had saved from spending a few thousands of dollars on their products before but the fact that there is seperate upgrade price vs purchasing for the first time, is highway robbery
CACOrange07

Postby CACOrange07 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:55 pm

and as per usual, IK provides no instructions whatsoever on how to do the upgrade. It shows in the Product Manager that the MAX version has been registered but when I open ToneX, I still just have ToneX SE version.
I tried unauthorizing ToneX and reauthorizing it and that did nothing. There is absolutely no help on the internet either.
I have spent a small fortune on IK products and none of them came with any kind fully comprehensive instructions on how to use.
I am fairly tech savey and eventually figured things out but it took quite a while or maybe I am not getting full function because I don't know any better.
The manuals start at like step 10 rather than from the point of turning on your computer. The instructional videos are nothing more than a sales video of some guy using the product and he flys through the product without instructing how to get to the point where hes using it.
They need to spend some money on how to use every product and assume no knowledge at all and do it as a for Dummies version of instruction.
CACOrange07

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:43 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. IK Support can help not only with your initial upgrade question (sometimes an upgrade between versions is not available because there isn't a SKU in the system but they can assist with that, for example) and any other issues you seem to be having. I would recommend working with them for direct and official support if you are having problems and they'll happily help. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community