Is anyone offended by ToneNet?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Is anyone offended by ToneNet?

Postby FastRiver1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:46 pm

Just curious, and forgive me if I missed other posts with the same theme... but is anyone offended that after buying AmpliTube Max, they have to pay it all over again to get ToneNet?

I've started using _, and they give the presets free. In fact, all the other companies I have products from give the presets free.

I'm just curious.
FastRiver1

Re: Is anyone offended by ToneNet?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:43 pm

ToneNET is a free preset sharing platform for AmpliTube 5.

If you mean TONEX why would anybody be offended? It is a different product with completely different technology. Here is a good explanation on how they are different yet how they work together quite symbiotically:

AmpliTube and TONEX are two different products using different technologies: AmpliTube is made using analog modeling technology while TONEX uses a new technology called AI machine modeling ( https://www.amplitube.com/ai ). While analog modeling simulates the behavior of the whole circuit of the amp - with all the knobs, switches, buttons and their interactions - AI machine modeling gives an ultra-realistic simulation of the rig with a specific knob settings. So it's not that one technology is "better" than the other, it depends of what the final user's needs are: full editing and customization versus accuracy in getting a specific sound. Using them together gives of course the best of both worlds and a super-powerful amp-sim system.

The two products are also different because AmpliTube can simulate the entire set up used in guitar recording (multiple serial and parallel rigs combining amps, all type of stomp effects, post effects, cabinets and microphones, etc.. with full editing down to the single gear), while TONEX is dedicated to simulates just amp, cabinets and certain type of pedals (distortions, overdrive, fuzz, EQ, boost) in each of their combinations. However TONEX can be used inside AmpliTube, as a sub-system of amps and pedals, again to have the best of both worlds.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:46 pm

It also seems like you think TONEX is just AmpliTube presets which is not what it is. Tone Models are not "presets" they are complex captures of guitar amps, cabs, and stomps using AI Machine Modeling technology as mentioned above. Including a $150,000 amp Tone Model where we purchased (and still own) a "holy grail" amp, used our new AI Machine Modeling technology to capture, and that Tone Model will be available in TONEX MAX. That's just one of over 1,000 Tone Models and they are far more than just "presets".
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lp1958 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:47 pm

Why on earth should IK give us a brand new product for free?
If a product such as Tonex wasn't integrated into Amplitube we would all be jumping up and down.
lp1958

Postby b0uch3 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:29 pm

Sounds like one could buy a super high end amp, capture and model it, then return the amp!

Like the early 90's with pc games. Copy the discs and return the package back to the store after a quick shrink wrap ;)
b0uch3

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:34 pm

Someone needs to change their strain.........

TONE"X" (which we're all assuming you meant) is a COMPLETELY different product.

Between jam points, the intro price and another 50 bucks off for "max" owners, you should be able to get it on the relative cheap.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:35 pm

b0uch3 wrote:Sounds like one could buy a super high end amp, capture and model it, then return the amp!

Like the early 90's with pc games. Copy the discs and return the package back to the store after a quick shrink wrap ;)

Terrific. :roll: I'm sure your local/online stores will love you.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby FastRiver1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Wow - I touched the third rail here. hahaha
It's good to know IK Multimedia has such a fervent fan base.
All apologies for misunderstanding.
FastRiver1

Postby livesforrap » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:49 pm

Well, my "angst" was directed really at the dude/ete? that was talking about wasting some companies time with the buy it and take it back approach (and the crappy crack-head analogy from back in the day, which is a TOTAL INSULT to those of us that actually paid for software ;) )

But yeah, it's totally cool that it was an error where you meant TONEX, but I don't understand the mentality of being "offended" because they are not just giving it away.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:55 pm

At any rate, I "paid the man" ... I don't have max for AT because I was too busy wasting money on "ala carte" stuff :lol:

Again, if you have the money, if you have max, if you have jam points and you be a "little" crazy and preorder, it's most certainly not unreasonable. I had a bunch of jam points that were just sitting around.... collecting virtual dust or I might not have done it.
livesforrap

Postby FastRiver1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:54 am

Thank you, yes... "offended" was the wrong word.

I just feel like it was such a big decision to go all-in to pay for IK's world of effects... which is the way I saw Amplitube. That they've come out with another product, similar (but different, and some will say better in some ways) feels deflating. I can't help feeling like it should have been part of that same world of effects.

But I know it's a business. Now that you forked over your mortgage for ToneX, they'll release something similar but better next year... I've lost confidence in IK (just me, personally).
FastRiver1

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:25 pm

AmpliTube 5 has been out for 2 years, and this is a completely different product. However, if we didn't make TONEX work with AmpliTube 5, people would have been offended deflated.

Also, I do wish my mortgage was $249.99 (or even the full $399.99) like TONEX MAX!!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby darkogav » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:45 pm

FastRiver1 wrote:Thank you, yes... "offended" was the wrong word.

I just feel like it was such a big decision to go all-in to pay for IK's world of effects... which is the way I saw Amplitube. That they've come out with another product, similar (but different, and some will say better in some ways) feels deflating. I can't help feeling like it should have been part of that same world of effects.

But I know it's a business. Now that you forked over your mortgage for ToneX, they'll release something similar but better next year... I've lost confidence in IK (just me, personally).

I think given that some of the marketing around how ToneX works closely within AT5 as part of the ToneNet functionality, I can sort of understand where this comment is coming from. But I think the underlying issue is, AT5 Max is a product that was released a while ago and has been on the market for a long time. ToneX is a new product that has yet to be released. If IKM were to make a promo where you get ToneX for free if you buy Total Studio Max or AT5 Max, then thats a different discussion. But I have not see that sort of promo. The only promo is, bundles with the interfaces.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... p=versions
darkogav

Postby FastRiver1 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:16 am

I think given that some of the marketing around how ToneX works closely within AT5 as part of the ToneNet functionality, I can sort of understand where this comment is coming from. But I think the underlying issue is, AT5 Max is a product that was released a while ago and has been on the market for a long time. ToneX is a new product that has yet to be released. If IKM were to make a promo where you get ToneX for free if you buy Total Studio Max or AT5 Max, then thats a different discussion. But I have not see that sort of promo. The only promo is, bundles with the interfaces.

Thank you for understanding. I just don't have confidence now that 18 months later, there will be a new-new product for another couple hundred bucks, that does what Amplitube did, and ToneX did more of. ToneX should be a part of Amplitube.

(the Kingpin doesn't agree - I get it)
FastRiver1

Postby darkogav » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:48 am

FastRiver1 wrote:

Thank you for understanding. I just don't have confidence now that 18 months later, there will be a new-new product for another couple hundred bucks, that does what Amplitube did, and ToneX did more of. ToneX should be a part of Amplitube.

(the Kingpin doesn't agree - I get it)

So, my understanding is, ToneX is not the same thing as AT5. Though I have not seen TX, so really hard to be sure of that. Amplitube 5 is a collection of virtual amps, effects and room sims and so on, which allows you to virtually combine them to make your own tones and sounds in a virtual sonic space like a DAW. AT5 also has it's own little mini DAW which allows you to practice and come up with ideas in standalone mode.

ToneX seems to be captured presets of tones and allows you to capture your own gear and make it a virtual preset. So for example, Satriani or Vinnie Moore are going to capture tones with their gear at home, and it will be sold via ToneX, meaning you are a lot closer to their tones and gear that they have at home, as opposed to them just making presets in AT5 based on their knowledge of guitar and sharing them. The only thing you should be able to do with their ToneX tone is load it in AT5 and then add more virtual effects on top of the TX tone, but you can't go in there and start replacing amps and speakers.

Once again, I have not seen TX yet, so really hard to be sure of what it actually does.
darkogav

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling