Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby jih64 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:26 am

supanorton wrote:I didn't get the latest Mesa Boogie bundle because I read here that the CPU hit made it unusable for some.

If you don't mind me asking, are you on Windows or Mac?
and what are your system specs?

Would be a shame to miss out on something excellent like Mesa Boogie II just on what you read if you didn't have to.
jih64

Postby livesforrap » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:32 pm

jih64 wrote:
supanorton wrote:I didn't get the latest Mesa Boogie bundle because I read here that the CPU hit made it unusable for some.

If you don't mind me asking, are you on Windows or Mac?
and what are your system specs?

Would be a shame to miss out on something excellent like Mesa Boogie II just on what you read if you didn't have to.

It's pretty bad, but not undoable. Several things to mention: First, they did "optimize" it since it's release and it's ... better. But not great. It's far and away the most CPU intensive thing I've ever used from IK. Second, most everything, mac or PC (see my specs in the sig), regardless of power, regardless of host crush the first core in a multi core system. This is really old school and disappointing after years and years of computers getting more powerful. But it's hardly IK's fault, almost everything does this.

One other thing, and please don't get me started on dealing with support over it :lol: ... the tweed high gain amp model (regardless of settings or cab) has miserable aliasing when playing the higher frets. It's SUPER obvious and I have no idea why. NOTHING else does this, not any of the large selection I own.

On the flip side, and you do have to tweak cabs and such, the other models sound really good. The Mark V is my overall fav and it's a workhorse. Big and punchy and very versatile. Some complain it's too much to deal with, but I really like it. The Triple Crown is great too, if you tweak it. The "clean" tweed is a great choice for clean tones, not really good at crunch though here. I like the 1x12 cab more than the 2x12. But, I don't use most of the included cabs, I think there are far better options (the red pig, the jubilee and especially the brit 9000 to my ears)

It's worth a trial if you can, maybe you have a computer where it's no problem. If you have enough instances, most hosts will eventually start spreading the load.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:34 pm

supanorton wrote:
livesforrap wrote:Well, I'm absolutely positively completely and TOTALLY not interested in the "capture" part. You can see my specs, it's a pretty b...chin computer and AT "mostly" works really well.

Again, we'll see. Other than the beta testers, we do not know. Hell, I don't even know if I'll truly like the sound :shock: But, I happen to have 170 bucks burning a hole in my wallet so I went for it.

Again, we shall see. Still really excited about it though. There hasn't really been much in this arena lately, it's right up my ally.

7 more days! I'm excited too. I also had a bunch of jam points, some of which were going to expire, so I got for the max version for $174 as well. Just hoping that I can run it inside AT5; I didn't get the latest Mesa Boogie bundle because I read here that the CPU hit made it unusable for some. One way or another, we'll know for sure in 7 days.

I have no idea what age/region you are in but I can't help thinking of "Halloween, the Season of the Witch" .... silver shamrock countdown and all that :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby thetupeloflash » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:39 pm

Missed out on the $99.00 for 3 recently....will wait for another deal & want the Mesa Cali ;)
thetupeloflash

Postby darkogav » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:45 pm

supanorton wrote: I didn't get the latest Mesa Boogie bundle because I read here that the CPU hit made it unusable for some.

I have the Mesa 2. Its not that bad on CPU. But I was a little underwhelmed by it. I guess I was expecting more because so much time passed since Mesa 1.
darkogav

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:31 pm

Well, if we are "lucky" ... two more days. Very curious but don't have my hopes up too much.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:33 pm

darkogav wrote:
supanorton wrote: I didn't get the latest Mesa Boogie bundle because I read here that the CPU hit made it unusable for some.

I have the Mesa 2. Its not that bad on CPU. But I was a little underwhelmed by it. I guess I was expecting more because so much time passed since Mesa 1.

I'm wondering what your specs are. Mine are below. One instance of the V or the Triple Crown makes the performance meter in Studio One jump to about 40%. Satriani stuff, about 15%, others around 8-10%. The cali is much less than the two I mentioned.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:38 pm

I have to say, most AT covers my needs in spades. BUT, I just couldn't resist trying that Dumble.
livesforrap

Postby thetupeloflash » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Due to my work commitments , I am now a 'home' guitarist with a home studio.

I use Lunar DAW with universal Audio Apollo Interface.

Amplitube 5 covers my needs , great tones for practice , & I am very happy with the quality of my guitar parts when i use Amplitube as a plug-In

I think ToneX, yes is a little overkill for me , as being a country / Rockabilly player. I use Clean amps.

But i could not resist the MAX Version, as I have been impressed with IK Multimedia's products.... I have taken the 29th as a days holiday ;)
Last edited by thetupeloflash on Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thetupeloflash

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:45 pm

thetupeloflash wrote:Tonex

I fixed that for you :lol:

It's easy to understand why people think it's "net" though :)
livesforrap

Postby thetupeloflash » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Ta
thetupeloflash

Postby dommus » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:42 am

I've already received my Tonex Capture. Will the quality of profile depend on your audio interface as I have a Scarlett and a UA Solo or will they record the same. Cheers
dommus

Postby andrea.zuppelli » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:48 pm

Peter_IK wrote:A complete ecosystem for creating and sharing Tone Models with IK’s new AI Machine Modeling™

*All pricing excluding taxes.

Will il work on OSX Mojave? BIg is suggested not a minimum requirement to make the sw working, right?
andrea.zuppelli

Postby supanorton » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:57 pm

andrea.zuppelli wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:A complete ecosystem for creating and sharing Tone Models with IK’s new AI Machine Modeling™

*All pricing excluding taxes.

Will il work on OSX Mojave? BIg is suggested not a minimum requirement to make the sw working, right?

They’ve been a little vague about CPU with regard to just using the profiles without capturing. I pre-ordered the max version and am hoping I can use the included profiles in AT5. We’ll know tomorrow.
supanorton

Postby livesforrap » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:59 pm

Tomorrow, tomorrow ....... (make up Annie spoof here, I can't think of anything :lol: )

Got my LAN hooked up (don't want any unnecessary interruptions dl'ing)

So, REALLY busy day tomorrow:

-TONEX
-Studio One 6
-Landscapers/garbage pick up/a driveway full of stuff for some charity to pick up, good luck to all of them (I expect all of it at the same time :roll: )
-NFL game at night
-Likely: "Pete" day (this really cool dude visiting who is a savior of many things, but stays WAY too long! )
-I guarantee hot wings and beer will be involved heavily

Thinking it will be chaos for sure.
livesforrap

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements