Uno Synth Pro Desktop stops working...

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Synth Pro Desktop stops working...

Postby zebwolfie » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:24 pm

Hello, I'm Zeb from France

Happy owner of a uno synth pro desktop... until yesterday because it stops working when saving a preset.

Impossible to make it work again, tried everything, tried different cable, connected to my computer, a powerbank... Tried everything, he don't power up...

I can hear a cycling clicking noise in the headphone and that's it.

Bought it 10 days ago... So sad because the sound was just marvelous and I was so in love that I was planning to buy the keyboard version too...

Anyone experienced this issue?

I contacted Ik support yesterday but no reply yet...

Need help!
zebwolfie

Re: Uno Synth Pro Desktop stops working...

Postby Iapetus2021 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:25 pm

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me .... which is why Im here looking for a solution but instead it's looking like a Tech support or imminent Warranty issue.

What a bummer. I love this synth. Really it gets more love than my Elektron gear or even my modular. That's saying something.

Mind I was always doubtful about the power - it's so dumb not to install a proper power supply and rely on crappy usb connectors.

I'm most pissed right now.
Iapetus2021

Postby zebwolfie » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:42 pm

Iapetus2021 wrote:Exactly the same thing has just happened to me .... which is why Im here looking for a solution but instead it's looking like a Tech support or imminent Warranty issue.

What a bummer. I love this synth. Really it gets more love than my Elektron gear or even my modular. That's saying something.

Mind I was always doubtful about the power - it's so dumb not to install a proper power supply and rely on crappy usb connectors.

I'm most pissed right now.

Sorry for you!

Mine is packed and goes back to the shop for warranty on Monday. Asked for an exchange for a keyboard version. Hope I'll be trouble free with the keyboard version.

Don't know what happened, no details from the tech support about what happened.

Don't know how many user suffers from that issue...

So sad because this synth rocks! Love so much the tone that I decided to take my chance with the keyboard version
zebwolfie

Postby Iapetus2021 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:14 pm

You'll be good with the KB version. I think it's a much better build and then having a proper power supply - it should last you years. That's what you want from a synth that sounds this good.

I wouldn't mind the KB but it's just bigger than I need being a non KB player. That said I'd give it some serious consideration if it is totally bricked. Man I had some great patches saved on there too!

Good luck and all the best!

zebwolfie wrote:
Sorry for you!

Mine is packed and goes back to the shop for warranty on Monday. Asked for an exchange for a keyboard version. Hope I'll be trouble free with the keyboard version.

Don't know what happened, no details from the tech support about what happened.

Don't know how many user suffers from that issue...

So sad because this synth rocks! Love so much the tone that I decided to take my chance with the keyboard version
Iapetus2021

Postby Nutoniom111 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:34 pm

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue. I"m really unhappy about the situation as I love this little thing. I sure hope they can find a solution quick!
Nutoniom111

Postby Iapetus2021 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:20 pm

Nutoniom111 wrote:Hello, I'm having the exact same issue. I"m really unhappy about the situation as I love this little thing. I sure hope they can find a solution quick!

This is disappointing to hear. In the end they replaced my Desktop version with a new replacement. I obviously lost all my patches and perhaps I lost confidence in the Uno Pro at the same time.

By the time I got the replacement I was 6 months in to a 12 month warranty and was told that the replacement doesn't refresh the start date of the warranty, so I only then had 6 months of warranty left. As I was never told what the problem was I was left feeling as if it could happen again on the replacement.

Such a shame, a great instrument but ultimately a FLOP. Seriously knowing the thing could brick any day who'd buy it? Or rely on it?
Iapetus2021

Postby Nutoniom111 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:24 am

Oh! Not particularly engagintrading this. I don't understand how they will not adress the problem? They could at least work with us trying to resolve the issue. I'm not exactly a newbie, but I won't attempt any repairs that will void my warrenty. I will for sure, during the course of said warranty, try and reproduce the chain of events leading to the specific failure. And when its not on warranty anymore, I'll open the little guy up and see what I causes it, armed with my notes from reproducing the faults. Now, I'm lucky they bumped up the warranty to 2 years.We will see a lot of each other.

AND, for the record, I have a little bit experience fixing analog synths, worked 2 years at Analogix here in Montreal and been dabbling into analog circuitry for 25 years.

Cheers!
Nutoniom111

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:43 am

They are not prone to "bricking any day" and many times what might appear to be the same exact problem is not always the case. IK Support is happy to help with any problems you have and they will make sure you are all set. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Iapetus2021 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:20 pm

Peter_IK wrote:They are not prone to "bricking any day" and many times what might appear to be the same exact problem is not always the case. IK Support is happy to help with any problems you have and they will make sure you are all set. Thank you.

Yes but users like myself - very enthusiastic users - have experienced this sudden bricking so it's an event that has already happened. My concern as stated is that who knows when it might happen again? It's happened before so why might it not happen again? I'm out of warranty now so the thought that I spent £350 on something that might just brick one day - even if it never does - is a bitter aftertaste. The fact is that it should never have happened. IK support were great, they replaced my dead unit with a new one. My complaint is that it bricked and that leaves me expecting it to happen again.

If you ask me what the Uno Synth Pro is like I'd say it's fantastic, it sounds incredible and beautiful, it's so fast to program and just delivers incredible sounds. I love it and had it not bricked I'd be tempted to say it's the only analog you need (though I can never get enough of mono's) but with the caveat that I do not trust it and I expect it to fail. Sad to say but I do feel that way. If it's still with me in 5 years I'll revise my position.
Iapetus2021

Postby WwWedzzz001 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:07 am

Also the same thing here in Belgium with my brand new uno synth pro, it stopped working together while i was loading some sample patches with the uno software editor, only thing that I get to hear is a constant clicking sound????? WTF, I have the synth for like 8 hours and the thing is already broken :-((((
WwWedzzz001

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:29 pm

Sometimes hardware has issues. That's why we have a great warranty program. IK Support can assist anybody with an issue. Most times it isn't a faulty unit but firmware update or similar that fixes issues like this. Please work with IK Support and they'll take care of you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Koolteeth » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:27 pm

Nutoniom111 wrote:Hello, I'm having the exact same issue. I"m really unhappy about the situation as I love this little thing. I sure hope they can find a solution quick!

Same here. A lot of money and stress and after I got my replacement unit I am still facing troubles with the volume. Annoying.
Koolteeth

Postby Ric@rdo2023 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:25 pm

Prueben a desconectar el sincro USB y pónganlo en INT
Ric@rdo2023

Postby Ric@rdo2023 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:28 pm

El ruido se quita con un filtro
Ric@rdo2023

Postby muttley1 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:27 pm

Issues here now as well,
noisy , random hung/ missed notes over midi and program changes when none sent :-(
raised with support.
muttley1

Next

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth