Lots of pops/clicks in MixBox...

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Lots of pops/clicks in MixBox...

Postby Sephid77 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Hi,

New user of MixBox here, snagged it as a freebie after getting MODO Bass 2 SE. Love the concept and the plugin itself however there's an annoying issue :

Almost every time I disable/enable an effect slot, the master disable/enable, re-arrange effects by drag'n'drop, or change a preset, I get pops/clicks in the audio. Sometimes you can here those pops/clicks being affected by reverb for example so they're being generated inside MixBox.

This is happening in both the VST2/3 versions in Reaper 6.66 x64 / Tracktion Waveform 12 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. CPU/Memory usage is minimal while this is occurring so I don't believe this is a factor. It's not a deal breaker in terms of usage but not ideal and I don't know if anyone else has this issue as I can't find any mention of it in any thread at KVR / Gearspace / etc. or in any YouTube videos demoing MixBox.

Cheers!
Sephid77

Re: Lots of pops/clicks in MixBox...

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:37 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Is the audio playing when you do any of the above?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Lots of pops/clicks in MixBox...

Postby Sephid77 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:09 pm

Sorry, I should have mentioned, yes it is. I've got some tracks playing in Reaper and I'm tweaking the MixBox plugin as it plays.

I've just tried MixBox in an empty project with transport stopped. The 'power buttons', both per effect and the master for the rack, no longer click. I can also move fx around without clicks. However, changing *some* presets still causes clicks. On my setup, if I select the Bass preset Chemical Flow, then up arrow to move to the previous preset Broken Bass Amp I get a loud click every time.

I'm not one for scrolling endlessly through presets (particularly for effects plugins) so that isn't much of a problem. However, I'd have liked to be able to power off effects and swap their order 'mid-mix' without those artifacts - so I can A/B etc.. :D
Sephid77

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox