Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:37 pm

A complete ecosystem for creating and sharing Tone Models with IK’s new AI Machine Modeling™

IK Multimedia announces AmpliTube TONEX™, a complete software ecosystem based on the powerful new AI Machine Modeling™ technology that lets users model their own rig and play, practice and record with thousands of already available ultra-realistic Tone Models of amps and pedals.

Dumble Tone Models included in TONEX MAX

AmpliTube TONEX ecosystem consists of 4 products:

TONEX for Mac/PC

A revolutionary concept in rig modeling, and the core of the TONEX ecosystem, TONEX for Mac/PC uses breakthrough AI Machine Modeling technology to let users model the sound of any amp, cabinet, combo or pedal (like fuzz, distortion, overdrive, EQ, booster) and turn it into a plug-in, all with ease and a sonic accuracy that’s virtually indistinguishable from the real thing.

Users not only can share their user-generated Tone Models with the TONEX community, but they can also instantly play the more than 1,000 Premium Tone Models available in TONEX, painstakingly made by IK using its massive collection of the most sought-after amps and pedals in the world.

TONEX for Mac/PC works as a stand-alone and plug-in for all the major DAWs plus it’s available seamlessly inside AmpliTube 5 with Tone Models appearing just like regular AmpliTube gear. TONEX has two main sections: the Machine Modeler, where the AI Machine Modeling Tone Models are captured and generated, and the Player, where the Tone Models can be searched, browsed, played and their sound customized.

The Player’s extensive sound-editing section comes with full EQ, noise-gate, pre and post compressor, depth and presence controls, plus a high-quality reverb and VIR™, IK’s Volumetric Impulse Response technology with multi-IRs per cabinet. Thanks to AI Machine Modeling, amps and cabinets captured as Tone Models can also be separated so users can experiment with their own IRs or use IK's VIR™ technology to access hundreds of ultra-authentic virtual cabs and IRs to complete their tone. All of this customization can then be saved into a Tone Model preset.

Consistent with all major software from IK, TONEX for Mac/PC will be available in 3 versions with the same exact features, but a different number of Premium Tone Models included: TONEX SE (200 Tone Models), TONEX (400 Tone Models), TONEX MAX (1,000 Tone Models). A free version will also be available for everyone to experience the power of AI Machine Modeling for creating Tone Models.

TONEX App

TONEX for iPhone and iPad lets users experience the power of AI Machine Modeling Tone Models on their mobile device. It’s available both as a stand-alone app or as an AU plug-in for all the major mobile DAWs and includes the same exact Player section as TONEX Mac/PC software to play, practice and record anywhere using the most authentic and hyper-realistic gear models ever made. The TONEX App and Mac/PC software Tone Model library works in sync, so any user’s collection of Tone Models can be played seamlessly on any device, in the studio, at home or on the go.

TONEX in ToneNET

TONEX Tone Models will also be available in a new dedicated section of ToneNET (www.tone.net), IK’s online tone-sharing and social platform for browsing, demoing, downloading and sharing. Over 1,000 TONEX Premium Tone Models will be available in ToneNET for instant demo or download right inside TONEX software or app, depending on the version owned. Plus, new Tone Models from IK - and free user models from the TONEX community - will be continuously posted and available in real-time, for a limitless growing repository of the best tones.

TONEX standalone, plug-in and app, connect instantly to ToneNET from directly inside the software or app, allowing users to explore the latest Tone Models without breaking their creative workflow. Or, TONEX Tone Models can be experienced in ToneNET using a regular online browser and selected for subsequent download on the computer software or mobile device app.

TONEX Capture

Tone Models can be created in TONEX using a modern computer, a regular audio interface and minimal additional equipment. An interface such as AXE I/O is ideal for tone modeling with its dedicated Amp Out.

To make it easy for anyone to create Tone Models, IK’s new all-in-one TONEX Capture is an accessory that connects to the output of an audio interface to feed into an amp at just the right level. Then, the return stage sits passively between an amp and cab, sending a perfect copy back to the interface at a safe volume without affecting the amp/cab interaction.

The result is a pristine copy of the amp’s real tone, ready for TONEX modeling without the need for microphones and perfect room acoustics. Plus, TONEX Capture doubles also as a great reamplification device.

Pricing and Availability

TONEX for Mac/PC and TONEX Capture will be shipping in September and are available for pre-order now at a special introductory price from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide. TONEX App will be released at the same time in the Apple Store.

TONEX SE - $/€99.99* limited-time introductory price ($/€149.99 regular) - 200 Tone Models

TONEX - $/€149.99 limited-time introductory price ($/€249.99 regular) - 400 Tone Models

TONEX MAX - $/€249.99 limited-time introductory price ($/€399.99 regular) - 1000 Tone Models

AmpliTube 5 MAX users will receive a further $/€50 discount coupon on TONEX MAX.

TONEX Capture - $/€199.99 limited-time introductory price, ($/€249.99 regular) - Includes TONEX SE with 200 Tone Models

*All pricing excluding taxes.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX

Postby eltomek » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:31 pm

I need help understanding what's that about: with TONEX just released, does it make sense to buy Amplitube 5 SE/Amplitube 5 now, are those products substitutes or complementary to each other?
eltomek

Postby guitarman1978 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:50 pm

It isn't released yet - just in the 'coming soon' phase of almost being released. On final approach, by the sounds of it.

The thing about ToneX is that it offers functionality that can get to some of the same end results as Amplitube itself, but with a different approach, and different focus. Amplitube lets you tweak every parameter - it's basically a chain of modeled components that you build up into a sound that you're looking for. ToneX is almost the opposite approach - it starts from modeling a specific tone, and then modifies it from there to dial it in. Which one will work better for the situation depends on an awful lot, including how much tweaking you want to do, whether you're looking for a sound that's close to tone models that already exist, etc.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of tone are the extras beyond the Stomp, Amp, Cab combinations that will be the core of ToneX - compressors, delays, reverbs, chorus and modulation, are all things that you're going to find far more options in Amplitube than you will in ToneX, if at all. So - if you want something like a Landau 80's Studio Processed clean sound, you might want both - ToneX to give you a perfectly realized clean, jangly deluxe, and Amplitube to give you the chorus, verb, delay and compressors.

Just my 2c, anyway. At the very least, you'll want Amplitube CS to add effects piece by piece if you just go with ToneX.
guitarman1978

Postby vac713 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:09 am

I'm in.... one question though.

I saw this
* AmpliTube 5 MAX users are eligible for an extra $/€50 discount coupon on TONEX MAX ($199.99)

How do I apply the $50 discount? I'm logged in but when I go to checkout, I don't see the discounted price. It shows the full $249 price
vac713

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:33 am

vac713 wrote:I'm in.... one question though.

I saw this
* AmpliTube 5 MAX users are eligible for an extra $/€50 discount coupon on TONEX MAX ($199.99)

How do I apply the $50 discount? I'm logged in but when I go to checkout, I don't see the discounted price. It shows the full $249 price

If you don't see the coupon in your cart when you check out (it should be placed for you into the PROMO CODE field) then please contact IK Support who can look at your account and see what is going on. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby huli50 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:36 am

This looks like pretty cool stuff. I spent the whole afternoon researching how this works, what's different than Amplitube gear, and how it'll be integrated with IK stuff I already own. I don't have much (or any) premium gear in real life that I'd want to 'capture' (no one wants a model of my $50 klon clone) so from what I can see the only thing I would use it for is to download and use tone models that IK or other users create. Browsing through the TONEX model list was good too, just to get a feel of how many of the 1000+ premium models would be different from the Amplitube gear. Still not sure if this is for me, but I can't wait to see more demo videos as this release gets closer.

One thing I was wondering about is if a tone model captures an amp and cab, will any of the amp parameters be adjustable once the tone model is created? Also, can you bring in a tone model for an amp and still add Amplitube stomps, rack effects, and other stuff in a mix-and-match virtual rig? I've noticed, based on the various IK tone models for pedals, it seems the model only reflects a snapshot of the stomp parameters.
huli50

Postby jz20051 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:31 am

I'm very curious about TONEX Capture, will it profile my pedals and amps? If so, this product will be super dope! Can't wait to see upcoming videos of it! I mean, I'd imagine it'll be more accurate than mic'ing the amp and whatnot. I would LOVE to have "Tone X" profiles of a few Two-Rock amps.
jz20051

Postby eltomek » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:34 am

guitarman1978 wrote:The thing about ToneX is that it offers functionality that can get to some of the same end results as Amplitube itself, but with a different approach, and different focus. Amplitube lets you tweak every parameter - it's basically a chain of modeled components that you build up into a sound that you're looking for. ToneX is almost the opposite approach - it starts from modeling a specific tone, and then modifies it from there to dial it in. Which one will work better for the situation depends on an awful lot, including how much tweaking you want to do, whether you're looking for a sound that's close to tone models that already exist, etc.

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of tone are the extras beyond the Stomp, Amp, Cab combinations that will be the core of ToneX - compressors, delays, reverbs, chorus and modulation, are all things that you're going to find far more options in Amplitube than you will in ToneX, if at all. So - if you want something like a Landau 80's Studio Processed clean sound, you might want both - ToneX to give you a perfectly realized clean, jangly deluxe, and Amplitube to give you the chorus, verb, delay and compressors..

Thanks for a good explanation! I'm really not a fan of excessive tweaking, I much more prefer picking up a few nicely crafted sounds and use them, so I guess I will give the ToneX a try once it's released.
eltomek

Postby IKmarco » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:41 am

Is there a list somewhere of which Tone Models will be in the different versions, so we can judge which version is enough?

Thanks
IKmarco

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:24 pm

IKmarco wrote:Is there a list somewhere of which Tone Models will be in the different versions, so we can judge which version is enough?

Thanks

There is a link to a PDF on this page:
>>> https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonex/?pkey=tonex-sw-max

For some odd reason the font size is pretty small (here?, in Foxit Reader) so it is difficult to read a whole line.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby IKmarco » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:28 pm

Hi - thanks, yes I saw that list

I was wanting to know which models are in the SE and standard versions

Thanks
IKmarco

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:30 pm

That is shown in the first column of text.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby IKmarco » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:32 pm

I should’ve gone to Specsavers

Thanks
IKmarco

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:00 pm

huli50 wrote:...
One thing I was wondering about is if a tone model captures an amp and cab, will any of the amp parameters be adjustable once the tone model is created? Also, can you bring in a tone model for an amp and still add Amplitube stomps, rack effects, and other stuff in a mix-and-match virtual rig? I've noticed, based on the various IK tone models for pedals, it seems the model only reflects a snapshot of the stomp parameters.

If you take a look at the Player/Editor on the AmpliTube TONEX pages, you can see some of the available adjustments you'll have post-capture on the Tone Models like EQ, presence, gain, plus the noise gate, compressor, and reverb which can help you shape the sounds more post-capture. We should have a video coming soon on the Player/Editor that will show these in action.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:03 pm

jz20051 wrote:I'm very curious about TONEX Capture, will it profile my pedals and amps? If so, this product will be super dope! Can't wait to see upcoming videos of it! I mean, I'd imagine it'll be more accurate than mic'ing the amp and whatnot. I would LOVE to have "Tone X" profiles of a few Two-Rock amps.

Yes, TONEX Capture was purpose-built just for that! Use it with your existing audio interface and you can get some really great Tone Models without much hassle at all.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to News and Announcements