X-Space pedal midi implementation

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

X-Space pedal midi implementation

Postby markhw@gmail.com » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:02 am

To whom it may concern -- The midi implementation chart in the X-Space pedal manual is very very incorrect. The correct midi CCs for each model actually follow this logic:

TIME = CC20
PRE-DELAY = CC21
COLOR = CC22
MOD = CC23
MIX = CC31

Other model-specific CCs are assigned sequentially starting at CC24 (each model can be slightly different). So for example, the additional parameters for Hall, Room, Chamber, Church and Plate are listed in the following order, and therefore get the following CCs:

HPF = CC24
MOD RATE = CC25
SIZE = CC26
L DECAY = CC27
M DECAY = CC28
H DECAY = CC29

Also it's helpful to be aware of this other pitfall I discovered. You can control the parameters of a patch by CC, but as soon as you grab a hold of the physical knob the patch will no longer respond to CCs for that parameter. You need to reload the patch to reenable CC control for the parameter.

OK I've done my good deed for the day...
markhw@gmail.com

Re: X-Space pedal midi implementation

Postby markhw@gmail.com » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:48 am

I realized there's an exception... Since Shimmer 1 and Shimmer 2 don't have Pre-Delay, the CC numbers after "TIME" are reduced by 1. So COLOR = CC21, MOD=CC22, etc.

It's too bad the midi parameter CC numbers aren't more consistent across models. It makes mapping controllers to the parameters more difficult this way. For example, in addition to this exception for Shimmer 1+2, the CC values for HPF and Mod Rate are frequently inconsistent across models.
markhw@gmail.com

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:17 pm

Are you talking about the hardware or the software or both? I have the software and I thought CCs were assigned by users. At least that's how started doing it. Are you saying that the Models come pre-assigned (or pre-mapped) for certain CCs? Thanks.
Steve-xyz

Postby markhw@gmail.com » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:42 pm

I'm talking about the hardware pedal. This is the closest forum that would seem to serve the product - none of the other forums appear to be about the X-Gear pedals.
markhw@gmail.com

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:54 pm

Thanks for the clarification. My bad: I read your post and missed that you were talking about the hardware. I looked at the hardware manual and see the charts.
Steve-xyz

Postby Cabezon_IK » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:06 pm

Good catch there! We were able to confirm this on our end as well.

I'm going to go ahead and let the team know and see how it can be resolved asap to help prevent any more confusion.

Cheers mate.
Cabezon_IK

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling