modo drum - sending each drum to a mixer channel

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

modo drum - sending each drum to a mixer channel

Postby BJS20000 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:37 pm

Hello, new modo drum user here. Couple questions.
1. For the life of me, I cannot find a user manual for this plugin on the IK Multimedia website. Does one even exist?
2. I use FL Studio and have loaded modo drum into a channel rack channel and created an instrument track in the playlist. Everything seems to be working fine, but the plugin sends the audio to a single mixer channel. Rather than use the modo mixer, I would like to use the FL Studio mixer for each drum in the kit. Is there a way to do this? I see a "BUSES" button on the mixer tab of modo drum, but the button is disabled.

Enjoying the drum sounds so far. Thanks!
-Brian
BJS20000

Re: modo drum - sending each drum to a mixer channel

Postby Cha_se1 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:28 pm

I'm not sure how this would work for Fruity, i use Studio One 5 but you could try this. insert Modo Drums, Go to mixer,near the bottom you'll see the word Master,click on this, you'll have the choice of Master Bus or Daw, Select Daw, You'll see 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, and so on. I used 3/4 for my kick,5/6 for snare, 7/8 for the toms etc etc. Do this for all the tracks, you can set it up any which way you want. Then in Studio One at the bottom left there is a button that says instrument.This opens and at the top of it it says Modo Drums click on the little triangle and expand it. All your tracks will be there. Click on each track you used. Then i muted the main instrument track. Now I can use any effect I want. Like I said not sure how this will work for Fruity but you may be able to figure it out
Cha_se1

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:06 pm

BJS20000 wrote:Hello, new modo drum user here. Couple questions.
1. For the life of me, I cannot find a user manual for this plugin on the IK Multimedia website. Does one even exist?

I found them as pdf files on my PC. They were uncompressed/installed along with the software They are in the zip file. If you didn't make a backup of those, you can download compressed file and pull the pdf from there.
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:19 pm

And the IK Product Manager will take you to your My Products web page too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BJS20000 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:58 pm

DarkStar wrote:And the IK Product Manager will take you to your My Products web page too.

Oh! I opened the product manager, and right on the Manage My Products page, there is a "Manuals" tab for each of the software items you have purchased.
BJS20000

Postby BJS20000 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:31 pm

Cha_se1 wrote:I'm not sure how this would work for Fruity, i use Studio One 5 but you could try this. insert Modo Drums, Go to mixer,near the bottom you'll see the word Master,click on this, you'll have the choice of Master Bus or Daw, Select Daw, You'll see 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, and so on. I used 3/4 for my kick,5/6 for snare, 7/8 for the toms etc etc. Do this for all the tracks...t

Ok, I figured it out for FL Studio. This first step is correct - go in the modo drums mixer tab and for each channel of the mixer, at the bottom, change the setting from "Master" to "DAW" and select the numbers you want. I don't think the numbers matter unless you want to group multiple channels together. The numbers themselves will be remapped to single FL Studio channels (stereo).

Next, at the top of the plugin window, on the left, click the gear icon with the arrow. A drop-down bar will appear. Click the button on the left that has the plug and gear icon. This opens the setting window.

In the setting window, click the "Processing" tab. In the connections area you can deselect "Master Out" and then map each plugin channel to an FL Studio channel. There is even an "Auto map outputs" button. After this step, all the drum instruments should be mapped to individual channels in FL studio.

Finally you need to rename each channel in FL Studio manually for each drum sound.

Thanks to the commenters who lead me to figure this out and hope it helps anyone doing the same thing.
BJS20000

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS