Announcing AI Machine Modeling

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Announcing AI Machine Modeling

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:40 pm

Enabling all users to create virtual versions of any rig

IK Multimedia is pleased to announce AI Machine Modeling™, a revolutionary new technology from the makers of AmpliTube, the world’s most popular amp and FX sim.

For the first time, using artificial intelligence, Machine Modeling software enables guitar and bass players, without any custom hardware, to model the sound of any amp, cabinet or combo, plus pedals like distortion, overdrive, fuzz, EQ or boost, all with a new level of accuracy that’s virtually indistinguishable from the real thing.

IK’s powerful machine learning _ network captures the rig’s tone in just minutes using real guitar signals, not just test tones, for a level of authenticity unimaginable until now.

How It Works

Users simply route IK’s special guitar/bass capture track through their setup to record the sound of any rig or piece of gear and then feed it into the Machine Modeling’s deep _ network software together with the original DI track. The AI Machine Modeling software will compare the DI and wet signals to generate an exact algorithm of the modeled rig in minutes.

Tone Models

The result is called a “Tone Model,” a hyper-realistic, dynamic software clone of the rig or gear. Tone Models reproduce every nuance of an amp or pedal in precise detail with technology so advanced that even an amp and cabinet can be modeled together, then the two virtually separated to try other cabinets.

The algorithm can even capture an entire rig including harmonically complex fuzz, overdrive or other distortion pedals in front of an amp. And users can create all of these with just a computer, audio interface and reamplification box.

Minimal Hardware

Creating a Tone Model is easy and requires only a few pieces of standard recording equipment in addition to a modern computer. An audio interface like IK’s AXE I/O with its dedicated Amp Out is ideal for users to create Tone Models using a mic and no additional hardware. Or any regular 2 input/output audio interface and reamplification box can be used to capture amps, combos, and pedals.

Optional equipment for Tone Modeling without microphones includes a reamplification box to connect an amp/pedal rig to an interface, and/or an attenuator/load box to connect a power amp directly to an audio interface. And that’s it. AI Machine Modeling software does the rest.

Hear It Now, Try It Soon

To hear AI Machine Modeling in action and compare it with the original modeled gear, please visit: www.amplitube.com/ai

This is where users can also be entered to be among the first to try AI Machine Modeling with a chance to win a surprise gift.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Announcing AI Machine Modeling

Postby Fen1xSyd » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:56 am

I've been waiting for this kind of plugin for a very long time now. I'll spare my overview of the landscape of companies who are doing profiling, but this is the first time a plugin is allowing users to capture their own rigs and have it in a plugin.

I hope there will be the ability to easily share captures. If everything sounds great and is super easy to use I can see this being an insanely big hit in the guitar and mixing worlds!

Signed up to be notified about the release, super excited!
Fen1xSyd

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:18 pm

First video in case you missed it:

https://youtu.be/KPguvFD68TU

Brand new video just uploaded!

https://youtu.be/R6kbE6NgIYc

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Fen1xSyd » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:30 pm

Sounds great! I noticed in the new video a capture file is being sent through the chain as opposed to just recording a wet/dry tone and uploading. This is a much better approach as it takes the guitar out of the mix and focuses on the amp chain!

Very excited about this plugin Peter, I even made a video talking about it :).
Are you able to share any ballpark figures for pricing and release time frame?
Fen1xSyd

Postby blueskyvisions » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:01 pm

I was really happy to see this! If you've done it right—and I'm confident you have—this will be a Kemper-killer. :shock:

I was checking out the list of models. We have the usual suspects and some genuinely awesome best-of-breed additions with Dumble and Klon, wow 8-)

I was hoping to see more boutique brands in the "MAX" group. Any chance you'll be adding Matchless, Bad Cat, Carr, Morgan, Fuchs, Tone King, Two Rock, Suhr, Divided by 13, Magnatone, and (more) Victory—I see the V40 hiding in there? Those are the amps most modelers don't have. Adding those would elevate this platform to the next level. I hope you'll think about it :D
blueskyvisions

Return to News and Announcements