all plugins and all soundbanks reinstall method

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

all plugins and all soundbanks reinstall method

Postby pierrepage9@gmail.com » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:48 pm

Hello, I'm on mac Big Sur and Logic Pro. I installed Studio 3.5 Max on my internal Imac SSD and incorrectly installed the sounds that I had to install on an external 1TB SSD. So, there are soundbanks that I cannot install, due to lack of space on my internal Imac SSD. Can I delete all the folders installed on my internal Imac SSD (/users/Shared/IK Multimedia) which is 95 GB, and start all over again to reinstall the plugins (Sampletank4, Syntronik2, Philharmonic2, Sampletron2 etc) to then reinstall the banks sounds on my external 1TB SSD drive? I believe I found the solution by changing the settings of Sampletank4 (just before installing them) for the path that will direct the sounds to my external SSD. I hope I make myself understood because my first language is French... Thanks in advance
Pierre Page
pierrepage9@gmail.com

Re: all plugins and all soundbanks reinstall method

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:25 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There is no need to reinstall those sounds libraries. Create a new folder on the SSD (I use X:/IK Multimedia on Windows) and move the complete libraries into that folder. Then run the standalone program(s) and select the sounds library folder (e.g. X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/) in the Preference Settings.

For libraries that are not yet installed, install the software, run the standalone program, set the desired sound library folder. Then, run the IK Product Manager, and install the sounds library (as I understand it,the IKPM should pick up the folder from the Settings).

And, don't worry, your English is good. Much better then my French. ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: all plugins and all soundbanks reinstall method

Postby pierrepage9@gmail.com » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:48 pm

thank you very much appreciated
pierrepage9@gmail.com

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More