Apple M1 support for iRig Keys IO Control Surface Plugin?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Apple M1 support for iRig Keys IO Control Surface Plugin?

Postby pju75100 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:58 pm

I am trying to get my iRig Keys I/O 49 to work as a control surface on my M1 Mac but it seems like the driver is not compatible with this new Apple Silicon yet.

1. Has anyone managed to get it to work somehow?
2. Is IK Multimedia planning on releasing an update soon?

I have tried installing iRig_Keys_IO_Control_Surface_Plug-in_1_0.dmg on multiple Macs with different CPUs and versions of macOS. When trying GarageBand and Logic Pro, the control surface features work perfectly on my older Intel-based MacBook with Big Sur. On my newer M1 MacBooks the iRig is not even detected as a control surface, the keyboard works and MIDI Setup in macOS works fine. It seems as the driver is not working on any M1 macs.

Anyone with similar experiences? I don't think there is a workaround until IK Multimedia releases an updated version of the driver. :cry:

I posted some of my experiences here as well:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28246&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pju75100

Re: Apple M1 support for iRig Keys IO Control Surface Plugin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:00 pm

No need to post twice, but also have you contacted IK Support with your issue? I'm sure they'd have more information about the status of an IK tool than users in this case (though users could have a workaround, of course).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Apple M1 support for iRig Keys IO Control Surface Plugin

Postby pju75100 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:14 pm

I have updated my support ticket with this info, yes. I am currently trying to get the driver to work with Rosetta 2 as per the FAQ here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1412 but not managed to succeed yet.
pju75100

Return to Interfaces & Controllers