Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby rmedlicott » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:36 am

It can be hard to see what has been posted as suggestions, or to see how popular.
Perhaps a vote up icon on the forum.

I se others have simialr request about UI changes.

1) Better touch/scroll for tablets/surface
2) Hide panels not being used esp during performance. When playing really just want to control the pedals and presets, the rest is distraction.
3) Wider scroll bars.

I'd be very happy if that was done. Currently some real UI issues that make the software seems dated even though it is a new release. While I appreciate a lot of effort gone into the modelling technology, there should be the same care put into the UI/user experience.

Perhaps a road map so we can see if these ideas we post are being planned?

Thanks
rmedlicott

Postby blackemm » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:01 am

A midi device that works in conjunction with Axe io, and PC. A few buttons and wahh pedal.

Dynamic IRs. You've come a long way in adding touch sensitivity ;-) .Enough to send you my $$. I'm missing how my speakers differ with volume. Example. I can pick softly through an Alnico blue and it sounds gentle , when I DIG it goes KRANG. (It changes) Love to hear the speakers with that dynamic sensitivity.

For the vintage amps -with very low power filtering- I would love to hear a dynamic model of these, as well. My tweeds can sound a little "sloppy" when playing many notes, but can tighten up when playing less. Imo, some of the love is how much you are demanding from an underdesigned power section. Why many of us old guys refer to playing the Amp. I kinda think its what adds "dimension". When I build an amp with higher power filtering, it responds more like A5. When I build with less filtering, it responds with more dimension, like a tweed. Love to hear some more of those real fluctuations modeled.
blackemm

Postby barnesaut » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:49 am

when will there be a programmable master volume? with volume pedal from IRIG Stomp IO???
would be soooooooooo easy
barnesaut

Postby bwademusic » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:08 pm

I'm sure I"m missing something here so correct me, but can't you just place an expression pedal functioning as a volume pedal at the end of the chain, and thereby have a "master volume"?
bwademusic

Postby KirillKochegarov7 » Mon May 09, 2022 1:32 pm

Engl E650 Ritchie Blackmore Signature 100 Head
Electro-Harmonix (EHX) Ravish Sitar
KirillKochegarov7

Postby carlaz » Tue May 10, 2022 2:46 pm

KirillKochegarov7 wrote:Engl E650 Ritchie Blackmore Signature 100 Head

An official, licensed-by-ENGL model of this is already in AmpliTube as the E650.

KirillKochegarov7 wrote:Electro-Harmonix (EHX) Ravish Sitar

This would be very cool. 8-)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby itsmekeuh » Tue May 24, 2022 3:40 pm

Some people have hinted towards having an external FX loop.
An extra set of hardware stereo in /outs from your audio interface.
if you would be able to route that to an 'FX loop' virtual device, you could place it anywhere in the chain.
itsmekeuh

Postby bwademusic » Tue May 24, 2022 5:35 pm

This may be far far off the table, but wouldn't it be great to have Amplitube 5 and subsequent versions built into a dedicated unit? The sounds in amp 5 already compete with the fractal/helix/quad cortexes of the world so why not take the next step and build a totally reliable one unit rig? Doing this would automatically place amplitube in the mix as one of the best. It would make the use of amplitube as a live rig a simpler task. I have been using various versions of amplitube in all my live gigs for years, but the setup is a bit cumbersome and reliability, because of the various connections necessary, somewhat sketchy when compared with it's stand alone competitors. I know it's a big ask, but thought it worth mentioning at least.
bwademusic

Postby FrThib » Thu May 26, 2022 4:47 pm

the current cab section is like a reduced mixing console, i would add all the usual controls missing on an average console, for each mics, independant of each other :

low cut 80hz
compression
preamp gain and saturation if overdriven
high and low shelf eq, fixed freq and q.
mid eq, fixed, notch wide
there could also be a fx send to the post fx available now.

whats more, you could even sell différents channel strip as an update
neve, api, tascam, etc...
FrThib

Postby Timothy Hall » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:46 am

An ability to turn of VIR tech outside of its dedicated menu would be great.

There are a whole bunch of tonenet presets that I can't use because they have VIR tech and I don't have the full version. This means I have to copy amp and cab settings over to a new preset without VIR tech enabled in order to get a version I can use.
Timothy Hall

Postby fernandomatias@live.com » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:30 pm

Hi,

I frequently use hard-panned guitars with the exact same settings and at the moment it is not possible to tweak both L and R amps/cabs simultaneously, which is kind of a work flow killer. Right now, you need to:

1) make things mono
2) mute one of the guitars
3) tweak to your liking
4) copy the setting to the other amp
5) copy the setting to the other cab
6) make things back stereo and
7) pray that when the stereo image changes from mono to stereo your corrections were good, otherwise you'll have to repeat the whole process

The fact that I need to perform 7 steps instead of 1 is what is preventing me from using AT5 more. The tone is there but sometimes it's just not worth the extra hassle.

There are already sections of the signal chain where you're able to tweak one knob and set the value for both channels (the stompboxes before the amp, and the inserts after the mixer), why not making amps and cabs behave just like that too?

fernandomatias@live.com

Postby jagariko » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:56 am

I want you to be able to add M4A format files to the recorder by dragging and dropping. There was a time when everyone was ripping in M4A format.

in Japanese
レコーダーにm4a形式のファイルをドラッグアンドドロップで追加できるようにしてほしい。みんなm4a形式でリッピングしていた時期がありましたよね。
jagariko

Postby carlaz » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:19 pm

Could there just be one, big highly obvious "mute" button, maybe next to the output meter/slider (at least in the standalone app)? I mean, yeah, I can just turn the slider down to "-Inf", but then I later have to turn it back up to wherever it had been set, too. :P
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby bwademusic » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:15 pm

I would love that as well..thanks for suggesting it.
bwademusic

Postby thomas4d » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:45 am

copy and paste effects chain between preset ( so you can have the same effects setup to be controlled by midi footswitch) and have different amps setups

OR some way to have separate presets sections for Effects and Amps and maybe cab/mixer and outputs

I like to have one uber effects chain setup and have different amps and outputs
thomas4d

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling