SampleTank 4.2.0 with new drag & drop import features, more

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4.2.0 with new drag & drop import features, more

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 24, 2022 4:42 pm

We have released SampleTank 4.2.0 which adds drag-and-drop sample import functionality to the app along with extended sample import control plus a few maintenance updates.

What’s New in SampleTank 4.2.0

• Added drag-and-drop sample import functionality
• Expanded options for user sample import
• Updated user manual with new sample import information
• Fixed a bug on the Layer Panel where notes could get stuck while scrolling
• General reliability improvements

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank 4.2.0 with new drag & drop import features, m

Postby eddiemacarthur » Wed May 25, 2022 4:24 pm

So far, I haven't been able to get this to work. I edit a sample and save it then drag into Sampletank 4 as instructed. Import sample dialog opens and I wait. It seems to load but when complete, there is no sample playback and the onscreen keyboard is greyed out as if something IS there. Tried mono and stereo samples, wav and AIFF formats. Ed
eddiemacarthur

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 25, 2022 4:24 pm

eddiemacarthur wrote:So far, I haven't been able to get this to work. I edit a sample and save it then drag into Sampletank 4 as instructed. Import sample dialog opens and I wait. It seems to load but when complete, there is no sample playback and the onscreen keyboard is greyed out as if something IS there. Tried mono and stereo samples, wav and AIFF formats. Ed

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eddiemacarthur » Wed May 25, 2022 4:26 pm

Thanks. I will try again but do you have specification of file formats that are supposed to work? Ed
eddiemacarthur

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm

There are multiple formats and those should be stated in the User Manual.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ojaix01@gmail.com » Wed May 25, 2022 4:28 pm

I have not been able to update to the new version 4.2.0 on the Product Manager app. It just does not give me any response when I click on the update icon. Don't know if others are having the same issues.
ojaix01@gmail.com

Postby eddiemacarthur » Wed May 25, 2022 4:36 pm

Think I might have it. Set to Chromatic when importing and start from root note.
eddiemacarthur

Postby Kharinkosi1 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:02 pm

eddiemacarthur wrote:So far, I haven't been able to get this to work. I edit a sample and save it then drag into Sampletank 4 as instructed. Import sample dialog opens and I wait. It seems to load but when complete, there is no sample playback and the onscreen keyboard is greyed out as if something IS there. Tried mono and stereo samples, wav and AIFF formats. Ed

Same here
Kharinkosi1

Postby pavolcerveny » Thu May 26, 2022 5:43 pm

Same here.
pavolcerveny

Postby ojaix01@gmail.com » Thu May 26, 2022 6:39 pm

ojaix01@gmail.com wrote:I have not been able to update to the new version 4.2.0 on the Product Manager app. It just does not give me any response when I click on the update icon. Don't know if others are having the same issues.

I'm good now. please ignore.
ojaix01@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 26, 2022 6:47 pm

For those having issues, make sure to double check how you're trying to import. If you select the Name option, you'll need to follow the instructions on the page for naming. To import samples without the naming scheme, select Chromatic to and select a note the samples should start at and SampleTank will add them chromatically up the keyboard.

This FAQ should help: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1433
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More