Share your presets (or your favorites)!

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Re: Share your presets (or your favorites)!

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:13 pm

Carrozzoc1 wrote:Hi, I Am New To Tone~net, so sorry for such a basic Q, but here goes: When save a preset from Tone~net's library of uploaded presets, where are those presets saved on a Mac desktop (Monterey)? What Desktop HD Folder or path? How can that Folder/path be redirected to an external hard drive? Thank you, CC

You choose the location when you download the preset using ToneNET inside AmpliTube 5.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Adventurous » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:28 am

TY. Will look for it some more. I already looked, but didn't see, like in often called "Preferences." If you can tell me where to set download folder ifrom inside Amplitube , will help me. Thanks, CC
Adventurous

Postby jerryvonfriend » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:02 am

I’d like to see more discussion about how everyone goes about designing set ups. We have certain “go to’s” and I’d like folks to share tips and tricks. All my stuff can be searched by “JVF” and I’d like to really explore every avenue.
jerryvonfriend

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:54 pm

Carrozzoc1 wrote:TY. Will look for it some more. I already looked, but didn't see, like in often called "Preferences." If you can tell me where to set download folder ifrom inside Amplitube , will help me. Thanks, CC

You don't set it, when you click the icon to save a preset there is a spot there to choose the location. I typically make a new folder when appropriate, for example I added "ToneNET" for presets I download from ToneNET. For my own presets, I've created a "_MINE" folder (underscore to make sure it stays at or near the top) during the process of saving a preset.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Adventurous » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:40 pm

Thank you, Peter. That solves it for me. I'm getting there!!!
Adventurous

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:11 pm

Carrozzoc1 wrote:Thank you, Peter. That solves it for me. I'm getting there!!!

Understandable, at least it is a fun journey :)

Seriously, I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of quality presets I'm getting to experience and I look forward to many more.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Adventurous » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:22 pm

100% Agree!!! I've been using ToneNet less than a week, and it has definitely upping my game for Sounds, knowledge and fun!!! Been using Amplitube5 about 6 months. Can't believe I overlooked it, Tx again!!! CC, Miami, FL, USA
Adventurous

Postby 0dysseus » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:56 am

I just want to say how very happy I am for some of the presets IK Multimedia has posted. I'm not a professional, I just like to play songs I love at night with either my headphones on or so my wife can hear and she will sometimes say "You are playing it, but it doesn't sound like it." And if I ask anywhere how to get settings right, it becomes a discussion on how tone is from the player... I'm just looking the chorus/reverb/delay etc. settings.

So I'm really happy for the Owner of a Lonely Heart presets, the Bryan Adams' It's Only Love and Run For You. I played those for her and she smiled and said "Hey! THAT'S the sound!"

So I hope IK keeps posting more, and if I can request, I would ask for the Whitesnake "Is This Love?" sounds. I have never been able to crack them, and that's one of her favorite songs, so please make me a hero :D .
0dysseus

Postby PhoenixGTR » Tue May 03, 2022 3:09 am

I would if I could, but ToneNET won't even load for me in the app. I get a message about error 103 and verifying my account , but when I click on the browser icon, the account is there and it's fine. I've logged out and in again, and I'm at a loss for what to do next.
Has anyone else had this issue?
PhoenixGTR

Postby markey1_2000 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:30 pm

Here is an late 80s Adrian Smith preset for you, if you guys like, then hit the 'like' thanks ;)
https://www.tone.net/presets/4905
markey1_2000

Postby carlaz » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:06 pm

jerryvonfriend wrote:I’d like to see more discussion about how everyone goes about designing set ups. We have certain “go to’s” and I’d like folks to share tips and tricks. All my stuff can be searched by “JVF” and I’d like to really explore every avenue.

Maybe we need to start a new thread for this! Anyway ....

I try to treat all the gear models just as if they were real pieces of gear in a real studio -- right up to mic'ing the speakers -- and try to forget that it's really all 1s and 0s. :lol:

I admire some of the extremely complex and creative presets, but I tend to keep things simple, with amp/cab at the core of things, perhaps some pedals for boost or FX, and some go-to rack EQs and compressors for very light post-processing. If I need/want more complex tones for a recording project, I tend to do all that in the DAW. I tend to imagine myself setting up a fairly straightforward rig to record basic tracks in a studio, where additional tones and effects would be added in the mixing stage.

I am basically a "classic rock/metal" guy, so I tend to start by thinking about which decade my tone comes from (however it ends up when I'm done). :lol: My "vintage go-tos" are the JH Gold, the OR120, and the HiAmp; I'm very "Brit", tone-wise. If I'm thinking more "generic" or "modern", my default starting point has long been the Rockerverb 50, though since AT5 I've also liked the Silverplate 50. And I increasingly go to the MiniPlex 20 for both vintagey Marshally vibes and modern higher-gain vibes; that's a great amp model for what I tend to do.

IMO, cabs are incredibly important, and I suspect many users insufficiently appreciate the variety of cabs and speakers available in AmpliTube, as well as the VIR modeling. It is, to be fair, a bit overwhelming! My go-to cab for vintagey things is the Satch Green, though I'll the HiAmp cab matches its head well, and though the stock Orange 4x12 model has V30 speakers, I have a gear preset saved with Brit Green speakers in the Orange 4x12. For more modern tones, I'll pick something with V30s, at least to start with. I often start with the basic Mesa 4x12, though I feel like that's a bit overused in modern recordings, so I'll often then try another cab model, just because! :lol: The Slash cabs or just the Brit V30 cab are also good starting points, though I'll use the stock Orange 4x12 model with the Rockerverb. I'll usually start with a Dynamic 57 right up on the speaker and a little off the centre -- since if I can't get a basically usable tone like that, then I can't get a basically useable tone. :lol: If I want to try a second mic, my most recent go-to has been being the Condenser 414, though I've also had as past go-tos the Dynamic 421, the Ribbon 121, and the Condenser 87 or 67, and I still might jump to one of those, or even the Ribbon 160. I tend to mute out the room when first working on something. I tend to build a basic preset with just one cab, though I'll sometimes blend a more-modern and a more-vintage cab, especially in more-modern presets to provide a touch of vintagey vibe.

To boost, or not to boost? :mrgreen: I usually just work on the basic amp/cab tone first, though I often know if I want to boost and how. For vintagey tones, I'll usually reach for the Treble Booster from the Brian May collection -- that's how ya boosted, back in the day! :lol: I'll play around with its settings, though, and a noise gate is generally advisable! For modern stuff, especially metals stuff, I'll usually start with the Overscream -- gain down, level up -- and perhaps later play around with other boost/dirt pedals with similar types of settings.

I like to have some rack EQ/compression that gets used very lightly. I tend to use either the EQ 81 or the V.EQ1-A, followed by either the Black 76 or White 2A set to provide no more than about a dB of gain reduction.

Other than for boost, stomps and rack effects are usually not big parts of my presets, though my favourite wah is the Wah 46 and my favourite delay is the SSTE; I like delay in front of the amp, in general. I will often see how a preset sounds with a phaser -- I like phaser :mrgreen: -- with my go-to being the Small Phaser. In my head, pedals go in front of the amp :lol: so I tend not to use effects loops and so forth! But, like I say, I will see others' presets with supercool routing and I'm usually in awe of those. :lol:

That pretty much summarizes my apporach for guitar. :D I have a different approach for bass, but I won't ramble about it right now! :lol:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby khoanguyen289 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:40 am

Thank for sharing
khoanguyen289

Postby whhf54 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:53 am

whhf54 wrote: :D Keep up the great work. Been having fun with the new preset sharing system. I have uploaded a few dozen I have made over the years and most have been well received. One now has over 600 downloads Great. :lol: I also have downloaded quite a few. :D It's great to have such an arsenal of sounds at your finger tips :!: Kudu's to all who have submitted presets and keep'um coming.

Look for presets by - WiLLi & the MusicMachine ;)

My AmpliTube 5: Fender 1&2, SVX 1&2, Metal, Orange, Mesa Boogie 1&2, Leslie, Slash, Dimebag, Jimi, Joe, Brian, Fulton, All CS Amps/Cab's & pedals but X-Vibe
whhf54

Postby MauroDave31 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:31 pm

fantastic tone.net features! the step forward of ik multimedia remarkable , with worldwide sharing now you will find professional quality presets and free! some like run to you and slash are identical to the original! I ask if some user more experienced than me can make the preset for the intro of boulevard of broken dreams of green day? initial piece not very simple as tone
MauroDave31

Postby Timo2019 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:59 am

Really enjoying the learning curve with Tonex modeling. My last upload really works well in Amplitube. The tone model is named 'TMO - EarSplit (Blues lead)' and is a model of our custom OD and TMO 100 watt 212 combo. Really accurate modeling. Thanks IK for stepping up the game...
Timo2019

PreviousNext

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community