How do i get my sampletank 2 samples into sampletank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How do i get my sampletank 2 samples into sampletank 4

Postby m.woodman » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:16 pm

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere - but there's an overwhelming amount of threads and I couldn't find an answer by searching.

I purchased Sampletank 2 and used it with Cubase 5 for years. I still have all the sample files from 2 as well, ( a folder full of stw, sti, sth files, etc)

I recently updated to Cubase 11, and was informed that sample tank 2 was not compatible with that build - I did, however, note that I was eligible to download sample tank 4.

I did so, and it loads fine, and there's some fun free samples available - but I'm utterly stumped as to how to get my old sampletank 2 samples into this interface.

Can anyone help?
m.woodman

Re: How do i get my sampletank 2 samples into sampletank 4

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:51 pm

The only way that I know of is to Import them using SampleTank 3, into the ST3 library, then add the path to that library into ST4's Preference Settings / Sound Content.

As you have ST2, then you should find "SampleTank Custom Shop", v3.7.3 in your User Area / My Products. I think I recall that that edition can Import legacy instruments.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More