Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

Postby carlaz » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:03 pm

Oops, somehow too versions of that (lengthy) post got sent up! :oops: Moderators, please feel free to delete the first, slightly less up-to-date one! :oops:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby twilson74 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:55 am

I recently got a little 1 watt Supro Delta King 8 tube amp and it's such a fun amp. So I've been checking out the bigger Supros and it would be really cool if IK could get the rights and do a Supro collection. I've been using the amp in Amplitube that's based on a Supro and it's a really great amp in itself. I've used it to create some great presets.

Also, great job on the Mesa/Boogie 2 collection. A funny story... my little brother made an impulse buy last year of a new California Tweed combo amp-- and he barely tried it out. When I plugged into it, I absolutely hated it. It was flubby and I could not get a decent lead sound out of it in any way. I roasted my brother so hard for buying that expensive amp.

He bought a few pedals to try to get it to sound good, but it still sounded lame. It was clunky and awkward sounding for anything but chords. In the meantime, when I saw IK was releasing the Mesa/Boogie 2 collection, I jumped on it. And I found it strange that I actually LIKED the California Tweed in Amplitube a lot-- much better than my brother's hardware version.

This past week, my brother had read something on a Boogie forum from another CT owner who's amp also sounded bad. So my brother moved the amp to another part of the room and took it off the floor and put it on a small tilted wooded pedestal-- and he also removed the closed back panels on the back of the amp. Now the amp sounded incredible and nothing like the "flubby fartbox" (as I often referred to it) that it was before.

So for fun we did an A/B comparison with his CT and the Amplitube version. I was amazed at how dead on, the Amplitube tone was. I cranked up the monitors so they would move a little air like the CT and compete for volume. The Amplitube totally held its own. We even went through each of the CT's variable watt settings and made the same setting adjustments in the Amplitube version and the color and character of each one was retained. Amazing. We ran a Tube Screamer into the CT and compared it to Amplitube's Overscream and it was the same.

So thanks for giving me my own California Tweed at a fraction of the price of my brother's. haha.
twilson74

Postby DrCos1 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:14 am

No love for the ADA Flanger?
DrCos1

Postby carlaz » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:39 pm

DrCos1 wrote:No love for the ADA Flanger?

I would definitely go for this. 8-) There are plugin versions from "other manufacturers" but it would be much nicer to have an AmpliTube version.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:05 pm

carlaz wrote:

I would definitely go for this. 8-) There are plugin versions from "other manufacturers" but it would be much nicer to have an AmpliTube version.

Agreed. This is one area Amplitube seems to shine in that other developers don't - effects.

I think it's been mentioned but how about a Binson Echorec?

Or how about the ability to bridge the inputs on the Hiwatt amp emulation?
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:05 pm

n2mpujack wrote:
carlaz wrote:

Agreed. This is one area Amplitube seems to shine in that other developers don't - effects.

I have actually occasionally used an AmpliTube pedal or rack effect in a mix just by itself, not on guitar. :D

n2mpujack wrote:I think it's been mentioned but how about a Binson Echorec?
Or how about the ability to bridge the inputs on the Hiwatt amp emulation?

Yes, to both of these, please! :mrgreen:
I mean, IKM is an Italian company, and surely the Echorec is one of the more famous pieces of Italian kit from back in the day? 8-) Frankly, I'd actually like to see a slightly "improved" Echorec that will do the classic sounds but also has a bit more flexibility (since this is easily achieved in the digital realm).

The current HiAmp probably doesn't get enough love -- much like real-world HiWatts -- but it is frustrating to see those inputs on the GUI and not be able to use them! (I have gotten some cool overdriven bass tones out of the HiAmp, too. :mrgreen: )

Of course, once the rainbows and unicorns drag that "Gilmour Collection" into reality, we'll all get shiny new Echorec and HiWatt models. :lol:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:48 pm

^^^
Amen brother.

I regularly disable the amp and cab to just use the fx with other amp sims that either don't have or have lousy fx. I cooked up a patch that does a 'stereo' Tape Echo and Univibe and use it on Rhodes piano.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby livesforrap » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:08 am

So, "Boogie 2" has been out for a little while. But we need more. Never satisfied :) Hope something is cooking BUT would like to see more CPU efficiency as B2 is hungry.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby ntechnyc » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:21 am

Good morning would like to see a blackstar module i use many of their pedals and amps think it would make a good edition to amp 5 thanks
ntechnyc

Postby theFaf » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:29 pm

If there is to be a Mesa/Boogie 3 here is my wishlist:

Blue Angel (4x10)

Preamp/Power Amp Collection with switchable power tubes (6L6, EL34, or Both just like the real Simul-Class power amps) and the ability to mix & match the preamps and power amps

Preamps:
    Quad Preamp
    Studio Preamp
    Triaxis

Power Amps:
    Stereo Simul-Class 295
    Stereo Simul-Class 2:Ninety
    Stereo 2:Fifty
    (and if they are sufficiently tonally different: Stereo Simul-Class 395, Strategy 500).

Cabinets:
    4x12 Half-Back (loaded with EVM-12L)
    4x12 Half-Back (loaded with Black Shadows)
    2x12 Half-Back (Vertical) (loaded with EVM-12L)
    2x12 Half-Back (Vertical) (loaded with Black Shadows)
theFaf

Postby brad2raq » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:23 pm

Loving Amplitube 5 but a pedal or an option of some sort to create feedback (preferably at the front of the chain) would be incredible and add even more realism to these great amp models. Something similar to

Digitech Freqout
or
SoftTube Acoustic Feedback
brad2raq

Postby radarman » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:56 am

Two additions I would love to see you model are the Rivera Stage IV combo amp and the Rivera 3D Shaman Chorus/Echo just to increase the fun factor of Amplitube 5.
radarman

Postby indigoburst » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:40 pm

Like every one else I of course want some licenced Marshall and Vox amps. But PLEASE can we get some officially licensed Supros? Or at least some more variety and representation of new Supro amps. Would also be nice to have some better 1x15 cabs, what we have for 15s is just weak or off sounding imo. A good 1x15 has all the lush lows while not losing any sparkle in the highs. Think Supro Thunderbolt. I'm definitely loving AmpliTube 5 so far, wonderful work IK!
indigoburst

Postby n2mpujack » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:01 pm

Indigo1050 wrote:Like every one else I of course want some licenced Marshall and Vox amps. But PLEASE can we get some officially licensed Supros? Or at least some more variety and representation of new Supro amps. Would also be nice to have some better 1x15 cabs, what we have for 15s is just weak or off sounding imo. A good 1x15 has all the lush lows while not losing any sparkle in the highs. Think Supro Thunderbolt. I'm definitely loving AmpliTube 5 so far, wonderful work IK!

Supro amps are the Rodney Dangerfield of amps - they don''t get any respect in the modeling world. While when IK reshot the cabs they got better some of them still aren't quite there and you end up gong to third party ir's.

I think the only officially licensed Marshalls are the Slash ones; everything else is a 'based-on' amp. Would love to see an accurate Vox AC30; the copper top one in AT5 is a pale version that doesn't quite get the true sound. And for the love of all that is good - please give us the ability to jumper channels together like on the real world amps - I'm looking at the Hiwatt for one and a true AC30 would have multiple inputs that can be jumpered. It's like a lot of things that IK does - they come darn close but never quite hit the target.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby indigoburst » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:21 pm

n2mpujack wrote:
Indigo1050 wrote:Like every one else I of course want some licenced Marshall and Vox amps. But PLEASE can we get some officially licensed Supros? Or at least some more variety and representation of new Supro amps. Would also be nice to have some better 1x15 cabs, what we have for 15s is just weak or off sounding imo. A good 1x15 has all the lush lows while not losing any sparkle in the highs. Think Supro Thunderbolt. I'm definitely loving AmpliTube 5 so far, wonderful work IK!

Supro amps are the Rodney Dangerfield of amps - they don''t get any respect in the modeling world. While when IK reshot the cabs they got better some of them still aren't quite there and you end up gong to third party ir's.

I think the only officially licensed Marshalls are the Slash ones; everything else is a 'based-on' amp. Would love to see an accurate Vox AC30; the copper top one in AT5 is a pale version that doesn't quite get the true sound. And for the love of all that is good - please give us the ability to jumper channels together like on the real world amps - I'm looking at the Hiwatt for one and a true AC30 would have multiple inputs that can be jumpered. It's like a lot of things that IK does - they come darn close but never quite hit the target.

Agreed with all of this. I'm new to Amplitube and amp modellers in general, just bought an AXE I/O a week ago that included 5 Max. I'm very happy with my purchase and VERY excited to see how far IK takes this software. It seems like a no brainer for amp manufacturers to license their amps officially. That way their product is represented faithfully and how they intend, they make money off the models, and people that try their models and like them are more likely to buy the real thing. I love my real amps and won't be selling my collection any time soon, but this technology is an incredible compliment to any collection and the accuracy can't be denied any longer. I can only hope we see more and more licensed models in the near future.
indigoburst

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling