Masquerade

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Masquerade

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:33 pm

Hi all!

This track wasn’t too far back in the vault, from Apr/2020 - think it was my second post-pandemic song. An easy rollin’ song and, lyrically, taking a stab at exploring a scenario where one abruptly discovers the presence of an ex at a social event and is confronted with reflections of their shared history & torn with what to do next. Thanks to my bud, Paul, who figured some driving guitar towards the end would benefit the song so that's been added with a remix.

IK Stuff:
AT5 - electric guitar melody parts were all variations of Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic TA30 with 2x12 California Tweed cab with my 335
MODO Drum - Black Oyster kit
TR5 - White 2A, Sunset Studios (ISO, Chamber, Live, Plate), Fame Studio (Live), One
Lurssen

Hope you might like. Feedback appreciated.

Take care,
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Masquerade

Postby elammark13 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:05 pm

I think this overall is a good composition. There's some really lovely parts in there, especially when the vocals are locked in together. And those modulations in the 3 minute-ish area are a really nice touch! Makes me want to hear more from you.
elammark13

Return to The Jam Session