Remove Unpurchased Plugins...

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Remove Unpurchased Plugins...

Postby three_eyed_otter » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:01 am

Hello to All,

Can someone please tell me how to remove unpurchased plugins...I only need TRackS 5, thus I only purchased 9 plugins. How can I remove or hide the plugins I haven't purchased? Having all the plugins visible is a serious workflow issue & it feels like I'm being bombarded with marketing the whole time I'm trying to use the software to make music.

On a side note, I have an older MS Surface Pro running Windows 10 that I wanted to get some more life out of...I was thinking of purchasing iRig Stomp I/O & using the Surface as the interface. The iRig Stomp comes with only 70-something plugins. I won't even think of purchasing the Stomp if I have to scroll through the other 200 plugins that IK offers with Amplitube to find the stock bundle in Stomp.

Much appreciated...

Have a good one,

3EO
three_eyed_otter

Re: Remove Unpurchased Plugins...

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:39 am

three_eyed_otter wrote:Can someone please tell me how to remove unpurchased plugins...I only need TRackS 5, thus I only purchased 9 plugins. How can I remove or hide the plugins I haven't purchased?

Hello three_eyed_otter

Depending on what DAW you are using you could use the plugin manager to hide the ones you don't want to see or set up favourite folders or similar.

If your DAW doesn't have a plugin manager, you can delete the plugins manually by going through the plugin folders in whatever OS you are on. However, this is not recommended by Official IKM as it would mean that Trialing or buying modules in the future may not work as expected.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby makebeats » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:29 am

I have the same issue with the products I got in the big sale last year. I cant believe this is the answer! I'm on Cubase 11 so I'd have to go through TRacks and blacklist every plug in I didnt buy?? What a waste of time. I posted this question earlier and to make sure I was right I inserted a classic EQ into a project. I didnt get any prompt so I thought it was one I purchased or came with TRacks. . Only when I opened the project an hour laster did I get the static associated with a trial version. This is really disturbiing.

Quality wise IK would be a competitor with Native Instruments but this install trial nonsense will always make IK an "also ran"
makebeats

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:07 am

Hello makebeats

The Classic EQ module is included as standard with any version of TR5 from the CS version upwards. If you are experiencing the white noise which indicates the plugin is not authorised or being trialed, I would suggest that you check that the authorisation process has been completed for you TR5 package/plugins. Other users have had success by de-authorising and re-authorising their products again.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby JBberg76 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:28 am

I have the same question. The product manager somehow downloaded a bunch of plugins I don't have and there is no clear way to uninstall anything.

I guess I'll have to plow through them in Logics Plugin Manager.

Maybe I could just delete them from my Library?
JBberg76

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox