Don't Suppose.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Don't Suppose.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:26 am

Hi all,

Was working on another vid idea and getting a song from 2021 out of park, but then this song idea wedged itself in last week….so here's a demo.

Hope you might enjoy. Feedback appreciated.

Take care!!!!
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Don't Suppose.

Postby danwilson5 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:45 am

Hi Michael,

I enjoyed the song. You asked for feedback...

Overall I liked the mix, everything sounded clear and clean, if I could suggest two things and this is just my opinion. The bass sounds a little thin, this could be because of the speakers I am listening on, in which case ignore what I am saying. Secondly the crash cymbals seems a little low in the mix (I'm a drummer :D ).

Looking forward to hearing the final project.

Dan
danwilson5

Re: Don't Suppose - Remixed!

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:03 pm

Hey Dan,

Thanks for listening and the f/b, appreciated and I’ve gone back to the track and made some adjustments to hopefully improve. :D

In addition to putting a bit more meat on the bones of the bass guitar & giving more attention to the drums (now starting the song with snare crack) with other mix tweaks, I also thought a little 12-string acoustic guitar over the breakdown drum part was fitting so that’s in there now too.

Thanks for the constructive criticism….I think it’s a better mix now and hope you’d agree! 8-)
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Riff_Lovely » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:59 pm

Very nice song. I like it.
Riff_Lovely

Postby CrazySchmidt » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:25 am

Hi Michael,

This has some really nice melody shifts bro, like when it moves into the chorus from the verse.

Definitely worth seeing through I reckon!

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby elammark13 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:25 pm

CrazySchmidt wrote:Hi Michael,

This has some really nice melody shifts bro, like when it moves into the chorus from the verse.

Definitely worth seeing through I reckon!

Cheers, CS. :)

What Crazy Schmidt said. Some really nice movements and shifts. I REALLY like when the guitar solo first starts up, that change in feel, with the organ in there (nice touch!). You come up with some really interesting ideas. I'll stay tuned for more. :) Great job.

If I could add just one thing, and take this with a grain of salt because it's just my opinion, but this is your piece of art...I feel like the verses could use something to add a bit more movement or energy. Nothing over the top, and honestly, I can't put my finger on what I hear in my head just yet. So never mind since I don't have anything useful to add. :lol: Really good job!
elammark13

Return to The Jam Session