Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby armor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:37 am

1. Global solo and mute
2. expandable mixer view or sizeable channels in mixer view that will allow user to view all channels including the 4 busses
3. metering section on the main channel
4. tape emulation effects
5. resizable GUI, 50 - 75%
6. ability to link several channels to modify volume,solo,mute at once
armor

Postby modalmojo » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:07 am

ST4 GUI looks stylish, but it is too dark. Offering different skins would be great, thanks!
modalmojo

Postby stefano.uberti » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:26 pm

I don't know if it is possible already: can I set an instrument layer based on after touch?
I mean that Instrument 1 is playing before after touch and instrument 2 is being triggered as soon as after touch is reached.

Thanks
Stefano
stefano.uberti

Postby twilson74 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:40 am

Adding my vote to the requests for making IK stuff NKS. I've starting using Komplete Kontrol as a shell to run my instruments and effects plugins-- in both standalone and DAW, and I really love working this way. I am able to use my IK stuff in Komplete Kontrol, but it be amazing to have all of this stuff fully integrated and be able to preview sounds by scrolling, for example.
twilson74

Postby darkogav » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:28 pm

Can we get some better icons and descriptions of the different kits in Beat Machines? I find the way it is now does not really help one differentiate what the different drum machines are behind each kit.
darkogav

Postby darkogav » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:54 pm

Hello. Just wanted to add to wishlist, if we have MixBox as well as T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb as well as Sunset Sound Reverb Collection for MixBox, would it be possible to add this effects module to make it available from within SampleTank Effects Rack?

My understanding the product is already installed on the system, so should be somehow available from within the SampleTank shell, no?
darkogav

Postby rstol » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:09 am

Hi there,

Sampletank 4 is great, but I think the GUI is much too dark. Please add a function to switch the brightness of the GUI like it is in Modo Drum. So every user can choose the favoured brightness.

Best regards
Rainer
rstol

Postby darkogav » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:06 pm

rstol wrote:Hi there,

Sampletank 4 is great, but I think the GUI is much too dark. Please add a function to switch the brightness of the GUI like it is in Modo Drum. So every user can choose the favoured brightness.

Best regards
Rainer

I agree with this. GUI too dark and hard to see controls in advanced screen when editing.
darkogav

Postby rstol » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:48 pm

Very strange that this is not changed already. The GUI is one of the most important things.
By the way: Magix Music Maker 2023 has the same much too dark GUI without the possibility to change this. Maybe the developers are using all other monitor settings?
rstol

Postby dqueffeulou » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:55 pm

1/ The GUI is just unreadable. Grey on slightly darker grey seriously ?

2/ I would like a mono-timbral version since I always found that dealing with multipart is too complicated. For example, I could want to apply a (not ST) plugin for one part and I have to use multi-track MIDI/Audio for that. A one part VST would be great as it would simplify the whole process. If I want bus, I have them in my DAW.

3/ the browser is too slow (I have a i512600K with SSD)
dqueffeulou

Postby mike_jf » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:48 am

I have Sampletank 2.5 and looking at version 4. GUI is too dark. Also, somehow I skipped version 3 and just now see that v3 has controls above the keyboard at the bottom that changes for the instrument selected. This is similar to v 2.5.

I know about the new controls page you can switch too in v4, but can v4 show some of the main controls above the keyboard like v2 and 3? If not I would like that feature back.
mike_jf

Postby anilnc » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:08 am

dqueffeulou wrote:1/ The GUI is just unreadable. Grey on slightly darker grey seriously ?

2/ I would like a mono-timbral version since I always found that dealing with multipart is too complicated. For example, I could want to apply a (not ST) plugin for one part and I have to use multi-track MIDI/Audio for that. A one part VST would be great as it would simplify the whole process. If I want bus, I have them in my DAW.

3/ the browser is too slow (I have a i512600K with SSD)

I agree. Especially to have mono timbral. Though I'm using one instance for one instrument or layers. It's good if that's possible.

Loading time is slow, for moderate sound, waiting to hear that average sound was annoying. Maybe a preview could help atleast (playing 3 notes from that).

Agree with dark less contrast colors.
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby rstol » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:42 am

Has anybody an explanation why IK Multimedia is not changing the GUI colours in an update?
Is it too much programming work? Modo Drum has an option to change the grey/black amount resp. the contrast at your like. This would be helpful in ST 4 too.

Regards
Rainer
rstol

Postby dqueffeulou » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:40 pm

rstol wrote:Has anybody an explanation why IK Multimedia is not changing the GUI colours in an update?

I don't know. I asked them where the CSS or whatever the style files are located on disk, as I could try to change some colors but the response is that is not possible.
I'm Java developper and uses JetBrains/IDEA which contains at least 3 themes : black/white, dark theme (Darcula) and dark theme with much contrast (great when the sun is shining).
In 2022, it's becoming a requirement !
dqueffeulou

Postby rstol » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:52 pm

dqueffeulou wrote:
rstol wrote:Has anybody an explanation why IK Multimedia is not changing the GUI colours in an update?

I don't know. I asked them where the CSS or whatever the style files are located on disk, as I could try to change some colors but the response is that is not possible.
I'm Java developper and uses JetBrains/IDEA which contains at least 3 themes : black/white, dark theme (Darcula) and dark theme with much contrast (great when the sun is shining).
In 2022, it's becoming a requirement !

Hi,
thanks a lot for the info. Surely dark themes are helpful in certain situations. But this ST 4 dark without any options for settings is a big problem for the user.
rstol

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More