Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Postby gingataff » Tue May 18, 2021 5:40 am

DDemase1174 wrote:I've been fascinated by the damping techniques used by Ringo Starr in Beatles recordings from around 1966-1970, where tea towels were draped over the tom-toms, blankets stuffed into the bass drum (or a four-necked sweatshirt made for promo photo shoots for the "Help!" movie) and a wallet placed on the snare drum head. I'm guessing similar techniques were used through the late-60's and 70's to produce that kind of "dead", muffled drum sound Ringo popularized. Maybe MODO Drum can offer those options in a future update?

I came here to suggest this, tea-towels and wallets!
Also that damped Steely Dan sound.
gingataff

Postby Kodertian » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:49 pm

I believe this one wouldn't be too complex to implement:

===> Ability to create/edit a kit from zero. In other words, when you edit a drum kit, some elements/instruments can't be disabled and one of the reasons I believe it would be nice to disable unused items is because when I use multi-out to my daw, all of them are recognized by the daw. (I'm using Bitwig). Most of the time my drum set is basically: kick, snare, hihat & a crash cymbal.
Kodertian

Postby nullp0inter » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:12 am

gingataff wrote:
DDemase1174 wrote:I've been fascinated by the damping techniques used by Ringo Starr in Beatles recordings from around 1966-1970, where tea towels were draped over the tom-toms, blankets stuffed into the bass drum (or a four-necked sweatshirt made for promo photo shoots for the "Help!" movie) and a wallet placed on the snare drum head. I'm guessing similar techniques were used through the late-60's and 70's to produce that kind of "dead", muffled drum sound Ringo popularized. Maybe MODO Drum can offer those options in a future update?

I came here to suggest this, tea-towels and wallets!
Also that damped Steely Dan sound.

Thirding this. It's pretty much a staple for the music I make and has a ton of crossover appeal currently. A dampened kit with as little reverb as possible (another request of mine) is the swiss army knife for most producers these days. Much easier to slot into a mix as a comping instrument than standard rock drums, but can also hold their own as the center of attention. Plus they just sound cool.

Another point on the bezier velocity curve would be mighty useful too :)
nullp0inter

Postby jodyjfk » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:52 pm

jonesler wrote:I searched for this wish but couldn't find it, I'm sure it's come up previously, but it bares repeating. PLEASE, make it possible to import external midi drum grooves. This program offers so much, but that single feature makes it EXTREMELY limiting.
Otherwise it's awesome.

+1000
jodyjfk

Postby JamelaBanderson1 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:37 pm

Would like a hand drum or conga set.
Also, expansion packs for drum sets and MIDI tracks.

Love MODO Drums, btw - it's my go-to drum plugin 80% of the time.
JamelaBanderson1

Postby danwilson5 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:35 am

Hi Guys,

I have been exploring MODO drums for about a month or so, and I have been liking what I have heard so far. I would however like to make one suggestion to improve things (in my opinion).

Would it be possible to have more degrees of openness in the hi-hat (I realize this would require more samples). What I have seen so far are 3 articulations - closed, open and more open. If there were at least 6 variations or degrees of openness or apertures (from the manual) for each Shank and Tip it would allow for a more natural sound when playing a groove. Such as subtly changing the degree of openness going from a verse into a chorus or hitting the hi-hat and opening it at the same time then closing it for those classic Hi-hat barks.

Thank you
Dan
danwilson5

Jazzy brushes!

Postby giorgio8236 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:25 pm

Please add jazzy brushes! its the only thing stopping me from buying this thing.
Thanks.
giorgio8236

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:57 pm

danwilson5 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been exploring MODO drums for about a month or so, and I have been liking what I have heard so far. I would however like to make one suggestion to improve things (in my opinion).

Would it be possible to have more degrees of openness in the hi-hat (I realize this would require more samples). What I have seen so far are 3 articulations - closed, open and more open. If there were at least 6 variations or degrees of openness or apertures (from the manual) for each Shank and Tip it would allow for a more natural sound when playing a groove. Such as subtly changing the degree of openness going from a verse into a chorus or hitting the hi-hat and opening it at the same time then closing it for those classic Hi-hat barks.

Thank you
Dan

Note there are more than three samples there. But this thread will be relayed to the devs.

Note that you can get very realistic hihats with MODO DRUM like Dancetech does here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLW0F97tSBs

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Djangopither » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:15 pm

1. Allow a second snare to be added to the kit
2. Allow tuning of the resonance head of the snare
3. Turn snare strip on and off via CC with associated sounds
4. More articulations for cymbals and hi-hats bell, bow etc
5. Allow adjustable volume per articulation. Side stick and rim shot on snare are too fare apart in volume
6. Damping options such as cloth, gel, tape and wallet for the classic Motown sound
7. Wider range of kits and elements
Djangopither

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:54 pm

claudiopalma.music wrote:
sunking54 wrote:Will it be possible to add new MIDI grooves in the future?

I use this kind of vst as a composing tool i whish i could import my own or third party MIDI grooves

Definitely would like to see MIDI Import and better MIDI file organization. Maybe I'm just used to EZD2, but their structure does work well.

And damping would be a plus.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Brak23 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:16 pm

New to MODO Drums myself. Have TD-27KV Roland E-Drum kit. The couple things that my kit has that MODO drums does not appear to support:

1. My snare has two CC - MODO only supports 1
2. My Ride has CC - But MODO doesn’t not support ride
3. Each of my regular Cymbals (2 of them) have two different zones, but the cymbals in MODO only allow for one - so I have to map them to two separate cymbals which is kind of strange.
Brak23

Postby yael.valle » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:26 am

It would be nice to have the drum in an interactable 3D space with the ability to add simulated microphones wherever you want on the kit. This feature could replace the perspective function and give more control to the user
yael.valle

Postby StevenMikel » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:06 pm

On the mixer page for the slider the moves from one end of the mixer to the other to be wider and more obvious.
StevenMikel

Postby Particle1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:32 am

Please integrate all of the previously released drum sounds within Modo Drum (Neal Peart, Billy Cobham, Hugh Padgham and Terry Bozzio) so we can get away from SampleTank 4 which is very frustrating and not very intuitive. I've never been able to get these to load properly. Modo Drum however seemed to get it right on the first try and would make a great home for these sounds. The ability to add third party sounds would also make a great addition.

Also I agree with adding Octobans and a seconds snare drum.

Cheers.
Particle1

Postby smallpotatos » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:40 pm

I was coming here to add a few things, but I see that most everything I wished for has already been mentioned. My top requests would be:
  • Larger selection of sticks/strikers: brushes (plastic, metal), broomsticks, rods, hands
  • Customize drum set by replacing kit pieces with any other to create a snare drum ensemble; a less extreme example would be switching out a small tom for another snare
  • More drum sizes, head materials and dampeners (incl. being able to place them around head)
  • Mix-n-match top and bottom hi-hat cymbals
  • Ability to edit Play Style of cymbals/hi hats like you can kick/snare/toms
  • Add keyswitches for ability to play other kit objects like shells, rims and cymbal stands
smallpotatos

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS