SampleTank4 sounding flat - MainStage 3

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank4 sounding flat - MainStage 3

Postby jquesta » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Good day everyone,

I have having a reoccurring problem where my sample tank strings (which is a program I created with one instance of Miroslav Strings and one instance of Sampletank4 Strings) sound out of tune when MainStage loads. The only way I can get "Fix" it is if I reload the channel strip (as it is saved as a channel strip setting) OR by opening the VI window and reselecting the saved preset from the SampleTank4 window.

I can save and close the concert, but often times the out of tune will return.

Note that it is ONLY the SampleTank4 instrument that I'm having issues with - no other VI's exhibit this behavior.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jim
jquesta

Re: SampleTank4 sounding flat - MainStage 3

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 pm

That is very strange. I have no idea what would cause that. Since no users have chimed in with similar experiences or suggestions, I'd suggest you open a ticket with IK Support for direct and official technical support if you have not yet done so. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby psalem » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:22 am

I have exactly the same issue and it is driving me crazy. MainStage seems to load SampleTank sounds incorrectly and it is only after reloading each instrument individually into the SampleTank instance that I can get the sounds to sound as I am expecting them to sounds and as they do sound in the stand-alone SampleTank player or within Cubase. Is there something about the way MainStage loads SampleTank sounds that means something is missing - boxy is a good word like the EQ has not been loaded with the sound but also depth of sound isn't there - like it's at a lower sample rate . . .
psalem

Postby psalem » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:24 am

I meant to say I also had the 'out of tune' phenomenon - and it appeared that MainStage was loading the SampleTank sounds without their Macros . . . . I desperately need a way of being sure that SampleTank sounds are loaded correctly as I have a major production coming up very soon.
psalem

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:21 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I'd suggest you open a ticket with IK Support for direct and official technical support if you have not yet done so. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby psalem » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:41 am

Jim - did you ever get any help with the Macros issue? I am having the same problem with ST3 and ST4 sounds within MainStage. Instruments load seemingly at random without their Macros. I have tried many things including saving Multis as .aupresets etc. and in one final desperate attempt I am now loading all instances of ST at the start of the 'concert' and then creating aliases. This seems to be working for the moment but feels like a work-around and there must be a better solution. I have a ticket open with IK support but the process is very slow and I have major gigs coming up in the USA in just over a week ie I am feeling pretty terrified as I need a stable setup. Let me know if you found a solution . . . other than going with LogicPro.
psalem

Postby forest42 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:59 am

did anyone ever find an answer to this?

i have been having the same problem for years. I have been using MainStage 3 and sample tank 3 on an older (2012) MacBook pro with 8G of RAM and a the problem would come and go.

i finally upgraded to a newer MacBook pro (2020) and to SampleTank 4 the other day in hopes that would finally fix the problem. after 2 nights of loading sounds in SampleTank 4 and rebuilding a concert in MainStage 3 the problem is worse than it has ever been.

i don't know what to do. i don't want to give up MainStage or SampleTank
forest42

Postby psalem » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:44 pm

I was hoping something might have improved in the new versions. Please IK can you take this seriously and address these issues for us. The fact that ST3 and 4 do not function properly in MainStage should be a major concern for you.
psalem

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:43 pm

I'm sure IK Support can assist you with any issue you have and they most certainly take your reported issues seriously.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby psalem » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:53 pm

[Mod edit: to make the questions clearer.]

Sadly I have tried to get support and the replies are perfunctory - I have sent videos and screenshots and have given up because it is as though a robot is answering my queries. I can not get through to anybody to discuss this issue which is clearly beyond any of the support team who try to answer my my questions.

Q1: My experience is that within MainStage SampleTank sounds - especially it seems legacy instruments - apparently at random load without their Macros with disastrous results. Why might this be?

Q2: Also frequently when a Multi loads in MainStage by stepping through presets patches the Multi name is accompanied by an asterisk suggesting it is loading not as it was saved. Why might this be?

Loading the Multis in manually (ie clicking in the Multi menu bar on the ST4 instance) always works perfectly . . . though of course this is not how you would ever want to use MainStage live!

Q3: I believe ST4 works as an Audio Unit in MainStage - what does this mean and what are the implications.

Please try to answer these questions if you can. I have a run of major performances coming up in a couple of weeks and I am dreading being a nightmare. Surely MainStage is a major platform on which IK would want ST4 to run smoothly?
psalem

Postby psalem » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:54 am

SAMPLETANK 4 IS A DISASTER in MainStage. I am about to start a series of 5 performances with the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra and once again, even with the latest version of SampleTank 4 instruments (particularly legacy instruments) are loading at random without their macros creating pitch and tuning issues which destroy a performance. I am now fed up and pretty furious as I have been trying to get answers on this issue for years and had my fingers crossed that maybe the latest update to ST4 had addressed these problems. I have been a loyal customer and spent a lot of money on ST, getting theatre companies around the world to buy it and now I have to conclude it is not a professional piece of software. Unless I get some kind of help on this issue I will now be recommending that every body buys Native Instruments.
psalem

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More