MODO Bass control settings not stored correctly

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Bass control settings not stored correctly

Postby Tagirijus » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:15 pm

Hey there,

happy new year to you all! I am new to MODO Bass (just bought it today - thanks for the sale) and already found a bug:

It seems that the setting for controlling the LET RING option is not stored in the project file. I tested it with a Reaper project, a Reaper track template and also a FL Studio project file. I set the LET RING option to be controlled by CC #64.

I uploaded you two project files in case it might help you:

https://www.tagirijus.de/clients/tmp/20 ... l/bass.rpp
https://www.tagirijus.de/clients/tmp/20 ... l/bass.flp

Hopefully you will be able to reproduce this isse, since it really isn't that helpful, when it comes to rework on a project again and again and you always had to re-configure the control settings. /-:

Thanks for your help. Would be nice, if you'd also answer here in case you are able to repdouce it. Also tell me if you need anything else! Thank you. (=

In case it's important:
CPU: i9 9900K, 8x 3.60 - 5.00 Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580
RAM: 16 GB DDR4-3200
HDD: 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSDs
Audio: RME Babyface

Have a nice day!
Tagirijus

Re: MODO Bass control settings not stored correctly

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:22 pm

Hello Tagirijus and welcome to the forum.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

The VST2 edition works OK here, for keyswitch note number changes, but not for a change to a CC number. Maybe "let Ring" has to be a key switch? But the User Manuals says (and shows): "LET RING Engages the LET RING feature. By default, the assigned CC# is 64 (sustain pedal)."

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Tagirijus » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:55 pm

DarkStar wrote:Hello Tagirijus and welcome to the forum.

Hi DarkStar! Cool to see you here as well, haha. (=

DarkStar wrote:As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Oh okay. Sorry then, if this might not be a good place. I just thought that posting such issues in public could mean more help from users as well; or maybe confirmations that others might have the same problem.

DarkStar wrote:The VST2 edition works OK here, for keyswitch note number changes, but not for a change to a CC number. Maybe "let Ring" has to be a key switch? But the User Manuals says (and shows): "LET RING Engages the LET RING feature. By default, the assigned CC# is 64 (sustain pedal)."

I also saw this in the manual, but I guess the manual might be a bit outdated (also due to the screenshot of the control setting page, which looks different). IIRC the default was a keyswitch, when I started MODO Bass, but I am not 100% sure anymore, tbh.

In my Reaper project are both versions, to test if one version might be different when it comes to this issue, but in both versions the LET RING control isn't assigned to CC #64 anymore.

DarkStar wrote:Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

Before posting here, I already searched the FAQs, of course. I did fill the contact form some minutes ago now. We'll see what IK might find out.

DarkStar wrote:And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.

It's nice that you mention it. I am a person who would have done this anyway, hehe. I totally know how it feels, when you find a forum thread in the web, which has exactly your problem ... and isn't answered at all. Or even worse: the thread starter just writes THAT they could solve the problem, without telling how, haha! :D

Have a nice evenin, DarkStar! (=
Tagirijus

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:07 pm

No problem about posting the problem here- especially as it could be confirmed.

Technical Support should be able to clarify what is going on.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Tagirijus » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:47 am

It's now been three weeks already and the only mail I got was the automated response that m yticket got opened.

Three weeks and more: is this usual for IK?

Thanks for any help! (=
Tagirijus

Postby Tagirijus » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:44 am

Almost one additional month. So > seven weeks for replying to a support ticket ... is this normal for IK Multimedia? )=
Tagirijus

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:11 pm

You can Reply to any email from Support at any time requesting a progress report / further advice etc.

Please review the forum Guidelines thread about escalating a Support Ticket.
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=19505
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Tagirijus » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:13 pm

DarkStar wrote:You can Reply to any email from Support at any time requesting a progress report / further advice etc.

Please review the forum Guidelines thread about escalating a Support Ticket.
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=19505

Thanks for these infos! (=
Tagirijus

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS