Message - hopefully a song with one.

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Message - hopefully a song with one.

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:39 pm

Hi all,

Songs come about for various reasons…. a cool beat, discovered vibe, guitar riff (or whatever you play), new instrument or maybe some new gear for the studio setup.

This song came to be based on a tragic event that happened back in June about 15 mins from where I live. A 20-yr dude decided to randomly target & mow down a Muslim family with his pickup truck, killing 4 of 5 people across 3 generations and leaving a 9-yr boy with no family left. This song was written & recorded a few days after the event.

I decided to revisit, polish with some newer offerings and share.

IK Stuff:
MODO Drum - Grungy kit
AT5 - melody in the middle of song, using “Deutschland (German 34)” and first time using the software version of X-Gear pedals (X-Vibe and X-Time for the reversed guitars at the end of the song)
ST4 - various presets from Fractured Piano, Shipwreck Piano; Brandenburg Piano
SampleTron - “Chuck Tron off the Roof” preset
Philharmonik 2 - violin, viola, cello, double bass
TR5 - Mixbox, Space Delay, White 2A, Sunset Sound (ISO, Chamber, Live), FAME (Studio A, plate), Stealth Limiter

Take care of yourself and others…hope the message outweighs the music in this case.
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Message - hopefully a song with one.

Postby CrazySchmidt » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:03 am

Hey Michael,

This one really pulls at the heart strings as it's supposed to, hate crimes break everyone's sense of a safe community and love.

Sometimes I wonder if we will ever evolve from this type of behavior and I fear we never will.

Great track bro, very evocative and a great production as always.

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Re: Message - hopefully a song with one.

Postby Riff_Lovely » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:21 pm

It is realy catchy song. I like it
Riff_Lovely

Return to The Jam Session