excessive noise with Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

excessive noise with Amplitube 5

Postby tokenboomer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:35 pm

Hi. I haven't used Ampilitube 5 much because I primarily use keys but when plug my guitar into Amplitube 5 and use a higher gain setting, I get an unacceptably high level of noise. So, before anyone asks, my software is authorized so this is not the white noise that the demo version generates. I also have a high-end interface (Apogee Duet 2 usb) and my guitar is equipped with Lace noiseless pickups. I'm using Logic Pro 10.7.2. As soon as I load the Amplitube 5 plugin, it starts generating noise that is very audible and clearly visible in in the channel strip setting. I've tried experimenting with the amplitube noise gate and it does intermittently eliminate some of the noise when I'm not playing. It cuts in and out. But as soon as I start playing, the noise is back with a vengeance. It's totally unusable. It's like standing right in front of a high gain amp with very noisy single coil pickups. The effect is the same whether I listen on my monitors or using headphones. Clean settings are much better. When I was using Amplitube 4, I could engage an effective noise filter from the main GUI, but I don't see that in Amplitube 5. Please help.
tokenboomer

Re: excessive noise with Amplitube 5

Postby squeezenor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:09 am

the plain old generic noise gate pedal is the noise gate that once lived in the lower portion of the gui back in the a4 days, if i'm not mistaken. that said, i never liked that one too much. my recommendation is (if you a have it, of course) the brian may star gate, which is a handy dandy one knob affair that makes things much easier.

but my very favorite solution is to use something outside of amplitube. noise gates are fine if you need to kill sounds between pauses, but if you need to trim out noise that's in the signal which is distracting while you're playing you need something stronger or more specialized. i use izotope's voice denoise for this sort of thing (rx7 version). this handles most of the noise and doesn't add much latency and lets me use a much lower noise gate setting if i still need one, so things aren't all choppy.
squeezenor

Postby tokenboomer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:05 am

Thanks. I figured it out, at least on one patch.
tokenboomer

Postby MrBlue027 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:14 pm

Hey, I am a new user with Amplitube 5 Custom shop free version so I could sample and perhaps purchase for studio. I am getting an annoying, persistent buzz every ten seconds.

I have eliminated every hardware and software possibility. Can anyone tell me what I am doing incorrectly?

Thank You,
MrBlue027
MrBlue027

Postby tokenboomer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:56 pm

I think that's the nature of the demo version. A lot of companies do similar things with their demo versions, either random noise or time limitations. It often happens even after you buy the plugin until it's authorized. The noise is annoying but you can often hear what the plugins sound like by watching YouTube videos. Of course there are a lot of other factors that will generate noise, everything from crummy pickups to hum-generating studio components.
tokenboomer

Postby MrBlue027 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:29 pm

Thanks for your reply tokenboomer! Makes sense. Still, it doesn't make me want to make purchase, which I would be interested in doing.

What's the point of a poor demo when the result is a purchase on "Blind Faith"?

MrBlue
MrBlue027

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:57 pm

IK does not use noise bursts in our demos. That would only indicate a non-authorized plugin that is not in demo mode. Note that you must be connected to the internet during your trial period. If you have any other issues with trying gear, please contact IK Support and they can assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MrBlue027 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:19 pm

Thank you. I am connected when using AP, both in "stand-alone" mode and as a plug-in through Reaper.

If I turn off the amp it disappears......

I will follow your advice with direct IK support.

MrBlue
MrBlue027

Postby Oswaldo78 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:57 pm

This is frustraiting. Amplitube 5 Max is very noisy with High Gain. I thought it was something with my equipment or my energy installation but it is not. I used Gibson LP and Fender Ultra Strat with Focusrite 2i2 interface in a PC and in a Mac. In both the noise is unssuportable. But I tested other plugin and noise is normal with High Gain. So, I was able to prove that there is nothing wrong with my equipent or installation. Is there something wrong with Amplitube 5 Max software? How to improve?
Oswaldo78

Postby BLuzJW91 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:49 pm

I have found that computer monitors are a giant source of noise when using plugins. Try distancing yourself from your computer monitor.

Other power supplies can also induce noise in a guitar signal. Be sure to put lots of distance between your guitar and any power supply (like a laptop power brick). Also, use a good quality, shielded instrument cable.
BLuzJW91

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling