SampleTron 2 now available

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTron 2 now available

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:24 am

To submit a support ticket you can visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support - There you will search the FAQ which typically answers many questions without requiring a ticket. If your question is not answered via a search of the FAQ there is a button/link there that allows you to open a support ticket.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 pm

Click on the Support menu at the top of the pages on the IK Multimedia web site, then select "Contact Support". Try Searching the FAQs first. If that yields nothing you will see a red button linking to the Technical Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby teacue » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:08 pm

Not sure if this is the right place for critic and feature request, but I try.
In case there is a better place for this, please tell me.

After working a bit with the sample import features I am quite disapointed about the lack of flexibility in mapping samples.

Not sure if I miss something but
1. Samples can be stretched only upwards

2. It is not possible to load one sample and stretch it over the whole range without some workaround.
You have to use something like a dummy sample at a higher note then the sample will be stretched up until the dummy sample appears.
Otherwise the sample will be played only at the root note.
(If I miss something please correct me!)
But there is no way to stretch the sample down :-(

3. It is not possible to define a map-range.
This is a basic feature of any sampler BTW.

An example: I can succesfully load samples which were sampled at a minor third intervall: C3, D#3, F#3, A3, C4 ... and so on
But each sample will be played from its root note and then stretched two half tone higher and it is not possible to change this.
C3 will be stretched up to C#3 then to D3 after this the D#3 sample will be played and so on.
But I would rather like that C3 plays the range: B2-C3-C#3
Then D#3 shoud have the range: D3-D#3-E3
This way the samples are pitchshifted one half tone down or one half tone up.

In fact it should be possible to map each sample as the user likes and not automatically!

Also some visual feedback upon how the samples are mapped is strongly needed.
Unfortunately the "nice" picture and the rolling wheel do not help a lot for this ;)

Considering that the Sample Import function is declared as an important new feature, I find the implementation quite poor.

One plus is that it is at least possible to map chromatically, which is great and in this case better than Arturia.
But basic manual mapping functions are needed.

For a moment I thought it would be possible to edit and map with the Sampletank Editor (though I really would not like to learn another app just to map in Sampletron 2!) but in the Sampletron 2 user manual it is clearly stated:
"However please note that instruments created in the SampleTank Editor will only play in SampleTank 4 and will not appear or load in SampleTron 2."

Mood: Disapointed
teacue

Postby ben9876 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:48 am

the calibration of the mix knob on the vintage plate is way off. sometimes it's too much even at 1%. hoping this could get fixed in an update.
ben rubin

mixer//composer//bassist//producer

benrubin.com
twitter//facebook
imdb
ben9876

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:07 pm

ben9876 wrote:the calibration of the mix knob on the vintage plate is way off. sometimes it's too much even at 1%. hoping this could get fixed in an update.

Please report any issue you have. The support team would need to recreate and verify your issue and submit it to the developers if it is a global issue. Otherwise it will not be fixed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mudhorn_wannabemusician » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:01 am

just got SampleTron 2 and was experimenting with it a little start to get a better idea of what all it can do. I cannot seem to figure out how to get the A B C selector switch to change positions - am I wrong in thinking it should move???
Mudhorn_wannabemusician

Installing the Instruments/Libraries

Postby Mwie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:06 am

FIND/IMPORT SAMPLETRON 2 INSTRUMENTS IN SAMPLETRON 2

Find the soundcontent under https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

look for "SampleTron 2" - Soundcontent

download the 4 files

install all 4 files.

If you wonder that you only get 101 presets and can't instantly see all instruments when opening Sampletron 2.. that's just how it is. The Presets are not the same as Instruments. To see the instruments in SampleTron 2 click on "Edit".. there you can choose the "Model", "Category" and the "Sample/Instrument". Notice: you can pick up to 3 instruments and "mix" them together.

SAMPLETRON 2 LIBRARY IN SAMPLE TANK 4

When you load SampleTank 4 you will probably notice, that your SampleTron 2 Instruments/Library is still greyed out, eventhough you can use SampleTron 2.

AFTER having installed the Libraries AND registered SampleTron 2 by entering your serial number in your IK Multimedia Product Manager you still need to start your "Custom Shop"-App. Now login to Custom Shop (same login as for ikmultimedia.com). Click on the little "arrow" next to your Name and click on "Restore My Purchases".

NOW you should be able to see and use your SampleTron 2 library in SampleTank 4.

Hope that helps you not to lose as much time as I did!
Last edited by Mwie on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mwie

Postby Mwie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:13 am

stephentownsley@yahoo.com wrote:just got SampleTron 2 and was experimenting with it a little start to get a better idea of what all it can do. I cannot seem to figure out how to get the A B C selector switch to change positions - am I wrong in thinking it should move???

either doubleclick on the black spaces where the name for the instrument pop up. Or drag the selector at the back and pull it up/down (doesn't always work smoothly..)

Mwie

Re: Installing the Instruments/Libraries

Postby Mwie » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:17 pm

[mod redacted - unnecessary] I made a mistake and I'll correct my post above within this quote of it. I will HIGHLIGHT the section I'm changing with this emoticon: :!:

Mwie wrote:FIND/IMPORT SAMPLETRON 2 INSTRUMENTS IN SAMPLETRON 2

Find the soundcontent under https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

look for "SampleTron 2" - Soundcontent

download the 4 files

install all 4 files.

If you wonder that you only get 101 presets and can't instantly see all instruments when opening Sampletron 2.. that's just how it is. The Presets are not the same as Instruments. To see the instruments in SampleTron 2 click on :!: "the black fields with the name of the instruments next to A,B,C and left of the red "mix-button" :!: .. there you can choose the "Model", "Category" and the "Sample/Instrument". Notice: you can pick up to 3 instruments and "mix" them together.

SAMPLETRON 2 LIBRARY IN SAMPLE TANK 4

When you load SampleTank 4 you will probably notice, that your SampleTron 2 Instruments/Library is still greyed out, eventhough you can use SampleTron 2.

AFTER having installed the Libraries AND registered SampleTron 2 by entering your serial number in your IK Multimedia Product Manager you still need to start your "Custom Shop"-App. Now login to Custom Shop (same login as for ikmultimedia.com). Click on the little "arrow" next to your Name and click on "Restore My Purchases".

NOW you should be able to see and use your SampleTron 2 library in SampleTank 4.

Hope that helps you not to lose as much time as I did!
Mwie

Postby daronmacke » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:31 am

Hello Everyone,

Most of the install for SampleTron2 has gone smoothly, however when I attempt to extract the Part 2 file, I'm getting a file name too long error on several of the files.

I am unable to install the whole Part 2 file because of this issue. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks!
daronmacke

Postby daronmacke » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:45 pm

Nevermind! I was able to get this worked out. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it worked ok.

daronmacke wrote:Hello Everyone,

Most of the install for SampleTron2 has gone smoothly, however when I attempt to extract the Part 2 file, I'm getting a file name too long error on several of the files.

I am unable to install the whole Part 2 file because of this issue. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks!
daronmacke

Postby Dwarf1989 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:13 am

hi, what about apple silicon m1 compatibility? I haven't found any information about sample tron 2 on the website.

thanks
Dwarf1989

Postby ronmac » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:15 pm

Dwarf1989 wrote:hi, what about apple silicon m1 compatibility? I haven't found any information about sample tron 2 on the website.

thanks

Works on my M1MacMini.
ronmac

Postby twilson74 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:53 pm

I'm playing around with the new Lost String Quartet-- very nice.

One thing though-- I wasn't able to get it to download via the IKPM-- it wouldn't work. So I instead came to the IK website and logged into my user account and went to the "my products" area and looked at sounds and installed it that way-- which worked without a hitch.

Just a suggestion if anyone tries to download Lost String Quartet and has any issues...
twilson74

Postby twilson74 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:41 pm

Just downloaded the new Grunge Tapes collection of sounds in Sampletron 2 and it's chock full of inspiring sounds. Awesome for pads and melodic elements.
twilson74

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More