iRig HD 2 problem w/ iPad Pro 12.9 5th Gen

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig HD 2 problem w/ iPad Pro 12.9 5th Gen

Postby lylebaraniuk » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:44 pm

For months I've been having an issue exceptionally low volume and low quality sound using an iRig HD 2 with my 12.9 iPad 5th generation - this affects Amplitube and Garageband. Despite being in contact with Tech Support with both IK & Apple, it's still not working.

I replaced both the iRig HD2 itself and the cable but am having same issues. I even tried using IK multimedia USB-C cable and even the USB cable with an Apple USB-C to USB adapter but it doesn't fix things.
I tried using both iRigs with another iPad and they work using the lightning connector. I mention this to say I know it's not a setting on the iRig - levels are good going in - just super low sound/quality of sound coming out of the 5th Generation iPad 12.9
I ensured all settings were the same on both iPads.
I also followed the Sweetwater link that apparently helped others with a similar issue but it didn't help.

I've put countless hours into this. Tech support at IK is good however the last thing I heard is it is possible there is a compatibility issue but they are unaware of it. This leaves me frustrated with a top of the line iPad & iRig and Amplitube I can't use.
Apple claims it's not a hardware issue on their end and that the iRig HD 2 must not be compatible with my iPad - this is coming from senior tech at Apple.

I've also tried deleting/re-installing Amplitube and GarageBand multiple times without any improvement.

Does anyone have an iPad Pro 12.9 5th gen and is having success using an iRig? This would help me figure out if it's a iPad hardware or compatibility issue. Thanks!
lylebaraniuk

Re: iRig HD 2 problem w/ iPad Pro 12.9 5th Gen

Postby pistelak00 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:31 am

You are not alone. I face the same issue. It works with iPhone, but doesnt with the new iPad! Extremely frustrating. Speng just one night on it, continue searching and trying. Do not give up and please share progress:)
pistelak00

Postby pistelak00 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:37 pm

Hi, I just made mine to work. Do not know exactly what happened but here is what I did:
1) I launched Amplitube (for iphone not the ipad dedicated version)
2) I connected the iRig without guitar or combo connected
3) I we t through this list : https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... NlYXJjaD0=

Not all instructions of a obove list can be followed as some menus in OS has changed…

4) I connected guitar and combo and it worked

Good luck
pistelak00

Postby lylebaraniuk » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:03 pm

Thanks for info!
So you have to do this on an iPhone app on the iPad?
I just have Amplitube for iPad on my iPad and really don’t think we should have to run an iPhone app at lower graphics if there’s an iPad app.

I’m hoping IK will fix this soon. I’m very disappointed for the countless hours I put into this and now I see I can’t buy the All-In bundle at a lower price anymore too. I was holding off to purchase because I couldn’t get it to work with the amps I already bought and I guess it’s too late.
lylebaraniuk

Postby pistelak00 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:19 pm

As for the graphics (and other features) I actually do not see any difference between the iphone and ipad version…

I am bit disapointed sith the sound though, seems everything is distorted too quicky… But when trying to mame it play I have seen a video on youtube where someone explained how to get good signal for bass out of it. I will keep searching and post the link if I find it again. Keep it up and. ever give in, never surrender!
pistelak00

Postby Produp » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:38 am

Hi I’m new to this but whenever I connect the irig hd2 to my iPad there is no sound at all. I get the lights responding to my guitar incoming signals. It’s the M1 ipad. It feels like I have ventured into uncharted waters .the device or myself is not working.
Has anyone else seen this problem?
:?:
Produp

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories