Using iRig with new iPad Pro??

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: Using iRig with new iPad Pro??

Postby kathy.89@hotmail.co.uk » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:03 pm

Maybe it’s a bit of a roundabout fix for some people but this is how I got round it. I used the charging cable which came with my kindle fire hd and plugged it into the Irig’s small usb side port and the other end into an Amazon Basics adaptor which has usb-c to female usb-A. It costs £6. Works perfectly.
kathy.89@hotmail.co.uk

Postby eric.linder » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:22 pm

Yes, I recently discovered that fix also, still odd that the mini-din to USB going into an adapter won’t work though!
eric.linder

Postby kathy.89@hotmail.co.uk » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Glad I didn’t purchase a mini din to usb cable then if it doesn’t work (and those I’ve seen appear to be quite expensive too). Before I thought of using a Kindle Fire charging cable, I had tried an old Galaxy Note phone cable as it has the same connections at either end as the Kindle cable, but no luck, as the Irig wouldn’t connect at all to the IPad Pro 2018. Still, glad I cracked it in the end ( not bad for a 70 year old, I suppose!) My next experiment is to figure out how to use an iXpand Sandisk stick with lightning connector to the IPad Pro 2018. I bought it when I had the previous model of iPad Pro. It doesn’t seem to work, even when connecting it to the previously mentioned Amazon Basics usb-c to female usb-A cable.
kathy.89@hotmail.co.uk

Postby tonyroberts » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:37 pm

I was having similar problems with my iPad Pro and iRig 2HD set up where there was nothing coming from the amp output. I found that if I switched the "No Feedback" option off then it worked. Now I get output from both the 1/4" and 3.5mm outputs. I'm using a cheap Amazon basics micro USB to USB-C cable.
tonyroberts

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:47 pm

tonyroberts wrote:I was having similar problems with my iPad Pro and iRig 2HD set up where there was nothing coming from the amp output. I found that if I switched the "No Feedback" option off then it worked. Now I get output from both the 1/4" and 3.5mm outputs. I'm using a cheap Amazon basics micro USB to USB-C cable.

The No Feedback option is meant for analog interfaces that plug into the headphone jack/adapter.

Also noting based on some comments above - our cables DO work as intended and for their stated purpose. What didn't work was using an additional third-party adapter. I think that's not unrealistic to expect that using third party adapters/cables will entail some trial and error and failures.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonwneale » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Peter that’s not correct in my case.
I have iPad Pro 3rd gen and using official ik usb c cable - the only way the amp works is if the “no feedback is switched off. Somehow the iPad reads the amp as a speaker, not an amp - and that is the problem.
jonwneale

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:47 pm

jonwneale wrote:Peter that’s not correct in my case.
I have iPad Pro 3rd gen and using official ik usb c cable - the only way the amp works is if the “no feedback is switched off. Somehow the iPad reads the amp as a speaker, not an amp - and that is the problem.

No Feedback should be off if you are using a digital interface as it is not necessary. If you have further problems, please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly and officially.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonwneale » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi Peter,
I raised a ticket with them before and when I told them it worked with the feedback off they closed the ticket and congratulated me that it was working ok.
jonwneale

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:54 pm

jonwneale wrote:Hi Peter,
I raised a ticket with them before and when I told them it worked with the feedback off they closed the ticket and congratulated me that it was working ok.

Which is correct, as the no feedback setting is meant for analog interfaces like iRig 2 that plug into a headphone jack and not for digital interfaces like the one you are using.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tonyroberts » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks Peter, that's good to know. Maybe you could think about updating the software to disable that setting when using the digital iRigHD2 since it doesn't work when it's on (which it is by default).

FWIW I asked IK support about this exact problem and they recommended I return the unit to be replaced under warranty. You might want to let your support staff know that turning off this setting is something to try!
tonyroberts

Postby jonwneale » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:10 pm

Hi,
Not sure why you posted a link that has nothing to do with irig on this forum.

Note: I use the iPad Pro with the rig micro amp.

I solved the irig to iPad Pro issue by buying the official usb cable from IK multimedia (only specific types of cable work and buying the official one although more expensive was simpler to resolve). Then the settings of the app - turn off the built in mic monitoring option and all good.

Hope that helps.
jonwneale

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:11 pm

There was a spam post removed. So nobody is confused by the reference to links above.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wlikhang2016 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:26 pm

Hi,

I've bought the c-type usb to mini din cable. I connect my iRig Keys pro (37keys) to my iPad pro, it still doesn't work.

Please advice.
wlikhang2016

Postby jonwneale » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:09 pm

I had to buy the usb c lead that IK Multimedia sell and then it worked fine. Didn't work with other cables I tried despite seeming to be the same.
jonwneale

Postby Firebladegriff1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:06 pm

I bought the iPad Pro with USBC and needed to connect irig pro (yeah an old irig). Started reading forum. I had an IK mini din to normal size usb for when I connected to iMac. I use a karaoke app called smule so i needed to have backing track output as well as irig input. I bought a usb c to 4 usb hub £11.89 and connect Irig into one port I then plug in usb to 3.5 Jack which I plug into another port and works great. Vocals and backing tracks coming through speakers. The usb to 3.5 Jack was £9.69. Both the cables were bought from well known online shop outlet that sells everything.
Firebladegriff1

Previous

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories