AmpliTube 5.3.0 "gear in trial mode"

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5.3.0 "gear in trial mode"

Postby Soulpowergtr » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:19 pm

Seems like ever other day I get a warning when i start AmpliTube 5.3.0 - and it won't go away until I open IK Product Manager and refresh.

"If you want (SIC) use any gear in trial mode please start the IK Multimedia Product Manager and restart AmpliTube 5"

MAC OS 10.15.7 Catalina

Any fixes?
Soulpowergtr

Re: AmpliTube 5.3.0 "gear in trial mode"

Postby ake.dahlback » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:32 am

I have the same problem - and this is the only IK product that behaves i this strange manner.
It's a *pita* when you want to load AT5 in a DAW, because it crashes the DAW. Gaah...
The only solution is to start up the standalone, then start the DAW.

Mac Pro 2013/64 Big Sur 11.6.2
ake.dahlback

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:47 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing for both of you to do is contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Soulpowergtr » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:25 pm

Thanks @DarkStar - I have submitted a ticket, was told its normal, but i dont think they see the issue truly as it is and how another poster has stated it crashes the DAW.
Soulpowergtr

Postby Soulpowergtr » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:26 pm

ake.dahlback wrote:I have the same problem - and this is the only IK product that behaves i this strange manner.
It's a *pita* when you want to load AT5 in a DAW, because it crashes the DAW. Gaah...
The only solution is to start up the standalone, then start the DAW.

Mac Pro 2013/64 Big Sur 11.6.2

Ok, so I am not the only one and going insane over it. lol
Soulpowergtr

Postby twilson74 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:13 pm

I have AT5 Max. I love it-- but every time I open Amplitube now I get this unsightly message too. I've done the "fix" of opening up Custom Shop and restoring,etc several times and this message just keeps coming back. I can click past it, but it's annoying to see and when I'm firing up Amplitube, it's often when I've got an idea in my head that I'm trying to document as quickly as I can before I forget it-- and I don't need extra steps in the way of that.

Also, every once in while I'll pull up a preset and get the message that "Some pieces of gear are not owned"and would I like to purchase them-- when I have owned these pieces of gear for a long time (usually it's some pieces of Fender gear if I recall). Again I can simply click past this message and my presets then work--but it's aggravating.

I mostly play in standalone mode and haven't used my DAW much in a while so I don't know if I'd have the issues of AT crashing my DAW like some have said. I'm using a Mac running Mojave.
twilson74

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:44 pm

^^^^
Please report those problems to Technical Support for investigation and reolution.

Soulpowergtr wrote:Thanks @DarkStar - I have submitted a ticket, was told its normal, but i dont think they see the issue truly as it is and how another poster has stated it crashes the DAW.

That does not sound "normal" to me. Maybe you can record a short video (using Licecap) and attach it to an email reply back to Support.

-----------------
Licecap is by Justin Frankel (WinAmp, Reaper)
https://www.cockos.com/licecap/
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Soulpowergtr » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:19 pm

I agree - please report I have and sent screenshots to them. I am doing the video as well. Very odd behavior.
Soulpowergtr

Postby DrCos1 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:04 pm

Is there a resolution to this or do I need to contact support as well?
DrCos1

Postby DmZBaT » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:36 pm

Having the same problem
DmZBaT

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:13 pm

This is not an official Support forum, so, yes, you should all report the problem to Technical Support, requesting help.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby livesforrap » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:52 am

Is this related?

I recently upgraded my computer and am now using the latest version (my old computer got clipping with the CPU and was unusable) and every once in a while I get a warning that I'm using a trial, which I'm not.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling