MixBox CS 1.3 update

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: MixBox CS 1.3 update

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:51 pm

djjuniorpops wrote:I have also noticed that to upgrade from free version on iOS the price is 109.99 in app, is this right , or is it a bug that needs to be fix.

It is 79.99 USD and then uses Apple's pricing / exchange rate table which we don't control to present your price in your local currency.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby itchy.animation » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:11 am

Are IK Multimedia going to address the issue of lost projects?

Are customers going to be given any explanation why the app changed ID?

Was the new version tested to work with previous projects?

It seems utterly baffling to me that a company would be so cavalier about lost data - the ultimate sin for an app to commit. Why should anyone bother to use your software if all your projects are likely to get nuked in a poorly thought-out update?
itchy.animation

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:29 pm

There are certain DAW apps where some are experiencing issues. Yes, IK will address your issues when you report the issue to IK Support who can assist you directly. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby itchy.animation » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Peter_IK wrote:There are certain DAW apps where some are experiencing issues. Yes, IK will address your issues when you report the issue to IK Support who can assist you directly. Thank you.

The issue is not with the DAW apps, the issue is due to the fact that the plugin ID of Mixbox was changed with the 1.3 update, so the DAWs no longer recognise Mixbox in older projects.
itchy.animation

Postby sonorafilms » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:33 pm

itchy.animation wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:There are certain DAW apps where some are experiencing issues. Yes, IK will address your issues when you report the issue to IK Support who can assist you directly. Thank you.

The issue is not with the DAW apps, the issue is due to the fact that the plugin ID of Mixbox was changed with the 1.3 update, so the DAWs no longer recognise Mixbox in older projects.

Support can't give us an answer, the dev team needs to change the Id back of find a different solution.
2 weeks without an answer
sonorafilms

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:27 pm

itchy.animation wrote:

I didn't say the issue was on the DAW apps' side. I understand what the issue is. IK Support can continue to assist you with the issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:28 pm

sonorafilms wrote:
itchy.animation wrote:

Support can't give us an answer, the dev team needs to change the Id back of find a different solution.
2 weeks without an answer

Support can give you an answer as they would report anything that they cannot directly fix to the devs. They are the point of contact for a status on any issue you are having. Please reply to your ticket and they will continue to assist you and provide any status you need. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:04 pm

From the team:

We’re aware of an issue that started with MixBox CS v1.3.0, where previous sessions from v1.2.0 and earlier were not recalling properly.

If you updated to v1.3.0 from v1.2.0 or earlier, you may have received an error stating missing or invalid plugin. We’re able to address this issue and are working on an update that resolves this along with other bugs reported by users.

We apologize again for the inconvenience and thank all of those who patiently waited while we worked to resolve these issues.

As a reminder, try not to save over those older sessions or delete your app as that will erase your presets if it’s not backed up.

Support can give any additional information based on your specific issues/situation. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby itchy.animation » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Thanks for relaying that message from the team, it does give me some hope :)
itchy.animation

Postby haemmingus » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:02 am

It‘s OK now. Sent my receipt to ikMM and they kind of (re-)activated my purchases. I believe after the update it should be OK anyway. Nonetheless better testing would be great, I’m glad I didn’t depend on the software while it was removed.

Another thing: Bought the Amplitube iOS All-In 2021 with all gear that’s being released in 2021. Now there has been none so far. Yet, ikMM just released Mesa Boogie 2 for AT5 and I dearly hope that it’s gonna be released for iOS in 2021 too. Would be such a nice XMas present!! ;)
haemmingus

Postby sonorafilms » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:37 pm

Everything is working perfectly now. I’m going to test all my projects but it looks like the third was the charm.
Thanks a lot to the developers
sonorafilms

Postby Cretusz7 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:39 pm

We have been corresponding with the support portal for more than 2 weeks ...
The last letter wrote that I would wait until version 1.3.3 came out and then it would solve my problem. Well, you didn't solve it !!! I wrote to them on December 11, 2021:
" For a few days, the full version of the app has worked perfektly. I'm informed about the previous problem, which was fixed. The version 1.3.1 has worked flawlessly as well. Today i registered an account (Cretusz7) and i have updated the app from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 and the app returned to the free, non full version. If i open my account, on your website, there is a mixbox serial number. i have tried it multiple times, however it doesn't UNLOCK THE FULL VERSION of the app. Please send a valid serial number of resolve the problem."

Dear Peter IK please heeelp!
Cretusz7

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:33 pm

If the latest update did not resolve your issue, please reply to your ticket and let the support rep know and they will take care of you. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Cretusz7 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:25 pm

Peter_IK wrote:If the latest update did not resolve your issue, please reply to your ticket and let the support rep know and they will take care of you. Thank you.

Hi Peter!

Yesterday I contacted the IK support again, and in their reply they said they have resolved my issue. Finally, I could unlock the full version of Mixbox CS with the serial number. Now everything works just fine, hopefully it will stay like that. :lol: Thank you for solving my proplem!
Cretusz7

Previous

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories