Let's Face It...

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Let's Face It...

Postby - IK User - » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:07 am

IK is now to the point they could offer a subscription if they chose. How about it IK? If the price is right, you could be looking at steady monthly payments instead of lump sums and customers may warm up to it. It has worked for various other companies, it could very well possibly work for you. You never know if you never try.

People would still have the option to buy plug-ins from you. It is just you will have another option for those who may want to go the subscription route. Some people would warm up to paying less each month to use your plug-ins more than they would spending lump sums to buy the plug-ins. However some may not and they would still have the option to purchase if so chose. Win/win for you and the customers.
- IK User -

Re: Let's Face It...

Postby - IK User - » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:47 am

Personally speaking, though I have a feeling some would feel the same way, I already own a good amount of IK products, but I would bite on the subscription service just to not have to deal with new releases and then having to try to come up with the lump sum to buy them if I am interested, having to pay for different versions of Amplitube, Syntronik, etc., if interested, etc. IK is a little on the high end when comes to plug-in prices, so it is not like Waves where you know if they release something it is going to be around 30 bucks. Although even Waves has a subscription service.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:56 am

Just a subscription payment each month to use all the IK plug-ins, including new releases. I think it would be worth it and I know some others out there would be on board. Albeit I would have to know the price of the subscription first, however if it is in the general range of other companies out there that offer subscription services, I would bite and I would probably just continue paying the monthly payment for years into the future. And again, I bet I am not only one.
- IK User -

Postby audio4entertainment » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:16 am

Absolutely. I got the the latest "Max" package but had there been a subscription I sure would have chosen that.
audio4entertainment

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools