IRig UA causing galaxy S21 to restart

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRig UA causing galaxy S21 to restart

Postby Andyhamilton » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi forum,
I have a galaxy s21 ultra, when i plug the irig in, as soon as it tries to connect to it the phone restarts
Anyone had this problem or have a solution?
Cheers
Andyhamilton

Re: IRig UA causing galaxy S21 to restart

Postby jguth6 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:13 pm

Also having the same issue. First time ive tried to use my irig UA on my new s21.

Every time it causes the phone to power down
jguth6

Postby streetboys885 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:00 pm

I also encountered a similar case. Is there any way to fix it?

bob the robber
streetboys885

Postby Kiuune01 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:30 pm

Hello,

Galaxy S21 comes with an enable-by-default "auto-restart" feature, if I'm not wrong. Maybe that's causing the phone to restart when you plug the iRig in. Try disabling it on your phone's Settings/Preferences.

Some smartphones turn off automatically when something is plugged in case the phone has low battery. If you're plugging your iRig in your smartphone check that the battery is charged (I recommend around 80%).

Check for updates on both your Galaxy S21 and any application you use with your iRig, like iRig Recorder or Amplitube UA. Maybe there's a problem with your One UI/Android version and you need to upgrade or downgrade it.

Certain Android and One UI (for Samsung) versions have known issues and bugs that disappear when the user upgrades or downgrades them. If you recently upgraded to a newer version try downgrading to the prior one, and if you have pending updates try updating your smartphone.

You can always send a message to the Support team if nothing else fixed your problem. They may reply and help you, or offer you others solutions.

If nothing works and you don't get any help from the Support team, I recommend you to either return the iRig and get your money back, or return it and ask for a new iRig. Any of these two is a better option than keeping an iRig that doesn't work properly.

I hope you find this helpful.
Kiuune01

Return to Android Apps & Accessories