Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby ccaru505 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:55 pm

The possibility to add a VST plugin in the middle of the chain. I use Amplitube mainly as a plugin in my DAW anyway, but sometimes you really need to insert something in the middle of the chain. As it is, it always has to go in front or behind Amplitube as a whole.
ccaru505

Postby johnleborgne » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:18 pm

livesforrap wrote:Is there some kinda "favorites" for amps, cabs, stomps, etc? If not, I vote to have this feature added. There are just too many amp and such I don't like and will never use.

As I don't really use presets... I vote for this one...

Best
johnleborgne

Postby VladaK74 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:33 pm

For life playing I would wellcome:
- Synchronization of looper - Amplitube looper doesn't offer looper synchronization with the preset tempo. (so far I haven't even been able to save the tempo with a preset). That's the main reason, why I still use my RC-300 for looping.
- Synchronization of presets from/to MIDI - Amplitube doesn't offer tools to be master, neither slave for tempo synchronization. Amplitube as a master should store tempo in the presets and send timestemps by MIDI for tempo synchronization. As a slave the Amplitube should listen timestemps and synchronize the tempo with it. I need to synchronize tempo effects with looper and drum machine.
- Drum machine in looper - to replace my RC-300 I need a drum machine, which enables to store a selected drum pattern with presets and synchronize the patern with the looper and tempo.

These are big Amplitube limits for me, which I am only able to solve with another pile of equipment. But I don't want to carry and operate that. If you know how to easily address these limits, I will appreciate your advice.
VladaK74

Postby brad2raq » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:24 pm

Amplitube 5 is the only thing I use and I really like it. These are great ideas.

I like your tuner idea a lot. Barring this implementation it would be nice if the current layout would just switch to the tuner screen via programmed midi switch.
brad2raq

Postby brad2raq » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:44 pm

Plus one on this

moritzinho wrote:I would wish for an increased touchscreen compatibility.
At a first try the following issues occur:
- Gearview and Chain can't be scrolled
- Scrollbar in Gear-Selector is very thin/difficult to touch
- long press on items e.g. to assign Midi doesn't work (worked in A4)

It would be a great benefit for all Surface/Tablet users!!

Cheers!
brad2raq

Postby spantini » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:06 pm

[SOLVED] I would like the ability to remove a cabinet from a chain. NOT change, swap or otherwise replace, but REMOVE the cabinet so the amp goes straight through to the mixer or whatever else comes after the amp in the chain. Either that or add a bypass or THRU to the cabinet right-click menu to accomplish the same thing.

With a locked cabinet inserted into the chain, it produces an intermittent loud hiss while playing - even though that piece of gear is not there on a 72 hour TRY or BUY. It's just unavailable. But the sound of the amp only comes through and it's great. Bypassing that locked cabinet changes nothing. The solution is to insert an OWNED cabinet and bypass THAT. Now I get the sound from the amp only and the hiss is eliminated.

Thanks for listening 8-)
spantini

Postby Yash » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:32 pm

1. The ability to change power tubes in ALL amp models, not just the rectos and triple crown. Give us the option to put 6L6, EL34, KT88, 6550 in any amp. And indicate the stock tube used in the amp model. Now, for amps with 6V6, EL84, we could include those as well.

2. Consider revisiting/revising/remodeling some of the older gear. Like the tube screamer, HM2 clone, a few of the older Brit amps. But, mostly pedals, Things that existed before Amplitube 4 need a refresh, in my opinion. It still sounds good, but the newer stuff is so much better. I could list all of them, but the major culprits are phase 90, flangers (both the EHX and MXR), tube screamer, SD1, Rat.

3. Add auto wah functionality to all wah pedals, since some of them don’t have that.

4. A strobe tuner would be nice.

5. A better view when looking at rack units in the pedal drawer or the pedals In 500 series unit space. It’s not very convenient currently.

6. Better routing capabilities. I might want to do a three wet amp mix, or route an effect to two out of the three signal paths, or put a single effect on every amp before it hits the cab, not after. The possibilities are endless.

ccaru505 wrote:The possibility to add a VST plugin in the middle of the chain. I use Amplitube mainly as a plugin in my DAW anyway, but sometimes you really need to insert something in the middle of the chain. As it is, it always has to go in front or behind Amplitube as a whole.

Yes, we totally need it to put In Eventide harmonizers.
Yash

Postby carlaz » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm

Yash wrote:1. The ability to change power tubes in ALL amp models, not just the rectos and triple crown. Give us the option to put 6L6, EL34, KT88, 6550 in any amp. And indicate the stock tube used in the amp model. Now, for amps with 6V6, EL84, we could include those as well.

Ah, this was a capacity of AmpliTube 2/"Metal"/"Hendrix v1" models that I very much liked, though they had backed away from it at least by the time that the Orange collection came out. It finally went away in AmpliTube 5 -- so I'm not holding my breath on its return. :?

Yash wrote:2. Consider revisiting/revising/remodeling some of the older gear. Like the tube screamer, HM2 clone, a few of the older Brit amps. But, mostly pedals, Things that existed before Amplitube 4 need a refresh, in my opinion. It still sounds good, but the newer stuff is so much better. I could list all of them, but the major culprits are phase 90, flangers (both the EHX and MXR), tube screamer, SD1, Rat.

So much "yes" to this. 8-) So very, very much! And I would definitely add an improved "based on Big Muff" to this list (though there are so many Big Muff variants that a new, improved model that let you switch between different circuits would pretty much be the best thing. Arguably, a "multi-Tube-Screamer" would make sense, too.)

Yash wrote:5. A better view when looking at rack units in the pedal drawer or the pedals In 500 series unit space. It’s not very convenient currently.

No, it is not. I'm actually kind of surprised the UI came out as it did -- but so it goes. Improving this would be a welcome point-upgrade.

Yash wrote:6. Better routing capabilities. I might want to do a three wet amp mix, or route an effect to two out of the three signal paths, or put a single effect on every amp before it hits the cab, not after. The possibilities are endless.

Though AmpliTube 5 does improve on AmpliTube 4, I now always run up against the limitations on the number of pieces of gear you can put in to given sections of the chain!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby JxCALLExJ » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:52 pm

Some people have pointed out the routing here, and i totally agree, I would lile to be able to have 4 amps at once or two amps with two cabs each. You can’t do that currently, and i actually run in to that problem quite a lot these days. And the limitations of the amount of pedals you can place in front of the amps are quite frustrating when you need a very diverse sound for a gig, and i don’t really like switching presets.

Also I would love to be able to split the signals from AT to different channels in my daw, so I can mix the levels and so on without the hassle of opening and closing amplitube all the time. And a plus with that is that we could then also process the room mic independently.

And finally, I think it’s worth revisiting some older gear, like the ac30s and big muff, and also the ce1 which can’t be configured in wet-dry mode, you need the analog chorus rack effect for that, and they sound very different.

Thank you for the many hours of absolute fun, this plugin is really great!
JxCALLExJ

Postby carlaz » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:09 pm

IKM's official "based on which real-world gear" description appears in the PDF gear manual and in Custom Shop -- but not in the AmpliTube 5 interface. I think it would be useful to be able to right-click on a piece of gear in the AmpliTube interface and see the official "based on" description as well as perhaps the rest of the descriptive text that shows up in Custom Shop. Honestly, it would be useful if the descriptions of the controls from the PDF gear guide were available as "pop-up" info in the interface as well. :geek:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby michael.coar » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:00 pm

You all are sooo close to an entirely new product, using what you have.

I posted in the other forum, but to repeat

I've got an Axe I/O, which I love. Finally got around the need for a separate reamp box.

What I'd love to be able to do is essentially run Amplitube on channel 1 input, channel 1 output and the ReAmp output channel 5.

Then on on channel 2, essentially run VocalLive channel 2 input, channel 2 output.

Mostly to get the Harmonizer on the 2nd channel for my Mic.

But of course, run it on a PC, as I'm using a MS Surface as my controller. (Plenty of CPU)

It seems that you are 99% the way. Just allow true 2 channel operation with the Axe. (I think Amplitube allows this today)

Then just bring over the VocalLive plugins/stomp boxes to run on the PC for the 2nd channel

I would love this.

As I'm running wireless. I would just need to bring this in, and hook up power, and the 2 (or 3) outputs to the board/guitar amp.

Could you imagine an Axe with a Touch Screen on top for a controller? It would then get even easier. Who wants to bend over to change controls. Instead of the Line 6 Helix, just this combined unit with an outboard bluetooth pedalboard like you already have.

Michael
michael.coar

Postby gkurtenbach » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:23 pm

sonicblue4u wrote:I'd like to see a history or undo-redo feature in AmpliTube. :D

It's been a year and few updates and still no undo.

Despite using Amplitube 5 for a year I still accidentally replace something which then involves a struggle to remember what was there, find it, and recreate its settings. Really it's an ugliness that shouldn't happen in modern, commercial, not-free software, especially one where editing is a key feature. No one would sell a text editor without undo.

Since I've been traumatized by undoable edits :D I look forward to getting undo off the wishlist in 2022 and replaced with "much-demanded feature, undo history, new for 5.5".

IK can even make undo a purchasable gear component in the custom shop and I will buy it. I will not be happy to buy it but I would still buy it. :D
gkurtenbach

Postby sonicblue4u » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 pm

gkurtenbach wrote:
sonicblue4u wrote:I'd like to see a history or undo-redo feature in AmpliTube. :D

It's been a year and few updates and still no undo.

Despite using Amplitube 5 for a year I still accidentally replace something which then involves a struggle to remember what was there, find it, and recreate its settings. Really it's an ugliness that shouldn't happen in modern, commercial, not-free software, especially one where editing is a key feature. No one would sell a text editor without undo.

Since I've been traumatized by undoable edits :D I look forward to getting undo off the wishlist in 2022 and replaced with "much-demanded feature, undo history, new for 5.5".

IK can even make undo a purchasable gear component in the custom shop and I will buy it. I will not be happy to buy it but I would still buy it. :D

Yep!! undo and redo is a really needed feature.
every Waves plugin has it, as well as many other companies with stand-alone and plugins.
So many times I changed something in AmpliTube and had to guess and sweat how to get it back. It's hard to remember everytime you change something to save that change. So I think they really need to make undo/redo a number 1 priority.
sonicblue4u

Postby flonou » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:13 pm

I would love for the standalone version to save bpm in presets like it does in plugin mode.
That's the last thing I need to completely switch to amplitube from my previous live rig
flonou

Postby Toefood » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:11 pm

Popping in to request a native version for M1 Mac and other Apple Silicon! Amplitube is the biggest CPU hog on my Ableton Live performance set right now and it's the only plugin holding me back from a fully native set of plugins.
Toefood

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling