My first Amplitube Tracks (Amp 3 Archives)

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

My first Amplitube Tracks (Amp 3 Archives)

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:12 am

Hi guys,

These are my very earliest Amplitube recordings recorded with Amp 3, I found these the other day while looking for old family photos on external hard drives.

These are all quite basic recordings, not much attention to levels or production, I was only getting started with generally figuring out how to use my DAW "Ableton Live" along with Amplitube as well at the time and of course a great deal of vocal experimentation going on here! :D :roll: :lol:

I have put the tracks you are hearing through the "Lursen Mastering Console" just to make me feel a little more comfortable with the output.

I hope you enjoy, please feel free to comment, I would!! :? :lol: :D

"Fatboy Dazza" on lead guitar

Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Re: My first Amplitube Tracks (Amp 3 Archives)

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Hey CS,

Thanks for sharing these rediscovered tracks from the “vault”.

Across the board, these are solid rocking tunes and I think the mixes are better than A-ok and there’s real consistency between tracks which makes me think they were recorded close together as a session OR you are very consistent with use of templates/presets. Rhythm and lead guitar sounds are super solid and some shredder playing too, BTW, my man!

Are these programmed drums or Dan pitching in here? They work, sound great & I especially like what’s going in “Set Me Free”.

Expose Yourself = I get a very early (pre-1972) Deep Purple vibe in the chorus, very rocking and solid. Killer lead playing and I really like how the transition after the lead brings it back the verse.

Set Me Free = again, drums are particularly nice here, esp those fills. B/G and doubling vox…. awesome. I certainly get a Guns N’ Roses with AIC vibe outta this. Absolutely shredder leads!!

The Stranger = very nice intro to change things up and pre-lead section really sets up the dual lead outro superbly

All of these were a pleasure to listen to so thanks again for posting! Guess we’re all lucky you checked those old hard drives!

Take care, man!!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: My first Amplitube Tracks (Amp 3 Archives)

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:37 pm

Hey Michael,

Thanks very much for the kind words my friend. :)

The drums are all programmed MIDI, I used to put quite a bit of time into the drums back in those days but I've just gotten lazy over the years I guess. :roll:

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Return to The Jam Session