Sharing Modo Presets

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Sharing Modo Presets

Postby knelt » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:55 am

With the 25th Anniversary sale I encouraged all of my online students to max out their Amplitube and get Modo Bass and Modo Drum. I don't think I'm alone in feeling that most of the Modo Drum presets are a little...over the top. Then again I'm primarily an SD3 user, primarily the Al Schmitt Decades pack, so you can tell how processed I like my drums to sound (not at all). But I can't ask my students to shell out that kind of money (or hard drive space) when Modo Drum was basically free (and very small), so I've spent the last two weeks carefully crafting very neutral and unprocessed presets that still sound balanced. Now I would like to be able to share those presets with my students. But I have no idea how to go about doing that. I can't find a file that contains presets at all. Where is it?

P.S. I also built a Cubase drum map for Modo Drum, if anyone's interested.
knelt

Re: Sharing Modo Presets

Postby jwatts2 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:47 pm

Yes. A preset exchange for MODO DRUM and MODO BASS would be a really good idea.
jwatts2

Postby J0kamedia » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:40 am

On MacOS (I guess Windows will be similar) you should find preset files in this Folder:
Documents/IK Multimedia/MODO DRUM

Drumkits are stored in: /presetsGlobal
Single Drums in: /ElementCustomizePresets
and so on...

You can easily share these by creating an archive (zip) of these folders and mailing them to your students.

I would love to play with your natrural kits ,if you find a way of sharing these online.

Hope I could help.
J0kamedia

Postby jwatts2 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:59 am

Thanks but I think the real issue is having somewhere online to do the sharing. I recall many years ago there was an Amplitube preset exchange within the IK site, and now there's one on Facebook. It'd be nice if IK set up someone on the site where users could upload their own presets for all IK products.
jwatts2

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS